Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 IMPBA District 12 (Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia North Carolina)

Default 2014 IMPBA District 12 (Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia North Carolina)

Hey Guys, It's been a while since I've posted anything related to the district.

We have allot of exciting stuff happening for the coming year. The big new is the Old Dominion Model Boaters are back in business with a new pond located in Smithfield VA. They will be running a club race series as well as hosting a district race in August. They might also be hosting the Chesapeake Gas Clash as well. The Baltimore club picked up a new venue in Cascade Maryland last year and hosted the last race of 2013 there this past October . It's a beautiful site and I look forward to returning there this fall. We didn't have any district races in NC last year but we have a potential new club forming in Charlotte and were hoping the Greensboro club can get back on it's feet.

As far as the FE Racing, we're seeing a few new faces at every race and that is encouraging. I hope we can get some more of the new racers to travel a bit more to other district venue's. Our FE regulars are finding themselves feeling the need for speed and have been bumping up from P-Limited to some of the more powerful classes. I'm expecting a few FE's to run Open Hydro, FE 1/8th Scale and Q Sport Hydro this year. The combined Nitro/FE classes continue to run harmoniously. There are the occasional grumblings of the speed advantage some of the FE boats have over their nitro counterparts. A reminder that we do have a speed parity rule in the district for Nitro/FE combined classes (other than the Open classes) and I will remind district officers that CD's need to be aware of and enforce the rule. Our rules for the P-Limited classes have been working well and I've had no complaints from the racers on the motors or ESC's required in the class.

We have a district winter meeting that will take place in a few weeks in the Richmond, VA area where we will discuss any rule or class proposals. We will also finalize the district schedule for 2014. We've got five tentative race dates on the books so far from April to September. I'll post the finalized schedule and any changes here after the meeting. I do have the tentative race dates as well as all the district rules and classes posted on my club web site. www.capitolrcmodelboats.com .

I'm interested in hearing from you all and what projects you are working on or any concerns or questions you may have about racing in the district. I would also like to hear from members of ODMBA and would like to hear how many of you all have been to the new pond. That's about it folk. Stay warm!!

Thanks for the info!

im getting ready
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent Mike. Looking forward to running with you this year. District meeting is next Saturday down in Richmond. I'll post a recap of what is discussed. I also added you to the club email list. Too much snow on the ground to do anything this weekend so I'll be working on boats all weekend.

Hey guys

Wassup Danny. Nice seeing you on Saturday even though we didn't get a chance to chat. I'm laying low on Jim's....LOL

PM me your email address and I'll send you my notes from the meeting. Don't know if it's all correct since so much stuff was brought up and my brain was fried by the end of the meeting.

Also Nitro557 (two posts above) is a new member of the Capitol Club. He is looking for a 21 Nitro Tunnel if you know anyone who wants to unload one.

I actually just purchased a vs1 with kb power

I just picked up a k&b 21 an still looking for a 45 lower leg daniel3181@comcast.net

I am looking for a good 21 tunnel hull for elc

Cool Guys. The Tunnel guys will be happy.

Mike, Robin (the gentleman with the beard who came to the meeting with me) is a K&B Guru

Danny, will get my notes to you this afternoon.

I am looking for to running with you guys again this year. Last year was a blast and I learned a lot. I should be finishing my latest project and I will be able to run in three classes this year.

with my bike race season starting in 3 weeks ive been very swamped with work after that gets going ill start to build my dumas hotshot .45 ,with my current fleet ill be running three classes 4 if I decide to run novice it is my first year

Chili, has there been any talk about setting up a District 12 and/or a ODMBA Facebook Page to promote our club, races, and the IMPBA?

ODMBA did have a Facebook page but I don't know if they have been updating it since acquiring the new pond. ODMBA doesn't usually have any problems attracting people. I think Dick said they you all are up to about 40 members and the club usually attracts the largest crowd of any district race. Many people from D13 come up. We have a FE racers here on the board but they don't post much. Many of the District and ODMBA people post on the International Waters forum and Jim's RC Boat dock. The district web site is running but pretty much dead and it hasnt been updated in years. There was talk of a new web site at the district meeting but in the mean time I try to keep all the district info updated on my club web site. I asked all the clubs to send contact info for me also so I can post the info on my site.

BTW Everyone - "John Boat" is Danny Weimer who is now running the Delmarva Model Boat Club. To any of you folks who are in Annapolis, Maryland's Eastern Shore or Delaware, the club could always use more members. Send him a PM if you're interested in joining. They have a great pond with a permanent drivers stand in Queenstown, Md.

Damn u blowed my cover

We r going to start one also so we can chat an everone will know when we r meeting at the pond an this like that

That's Great Danny, Make sure you let us know when you are up and running. I may even have to join Facebook. So far I have been resisting. LOL

Here is the schedule for the District to the best of my knowledge. We were a bit up in the air at the district meeting on a date for the final race in Price, Md. But I got a email From Larry Roberts the new Baltimore Club president two days ago indicating he heard back from the folks at Fort Richie and had a few dates locked in. One cool tidbit, Once we get Danny into a FE, All of the district's Club Presidents and the District Direct will have experience running electric boats. We've come along way in five years!!

2014 District 12 Race Schedule

April 25-27, District Race #1, Boonsboro MD
    Hosted by the Model Boaters of Baltimore

May 16-18, District Race #2, Queenstown, MD
    Hosted by the Delmarva Model Boat Club

June 27-29, District Race #3, Centreville, VA
    Hosted by the Capitol RC Model Boat Club

August 22-24, District Race #4, Smithfield, VA
    Hosted by the Old Dominion Model Boat Association

September 5-7, District Race #5, Cascade, MD

October 10-12, Possible Single or Mulitday Fun Run, Cascade, MD

Now I know the September District date is only two weeks after the ODMBA date but the Baltimore club did the best that they could working with the pond management. They also picked up the second weekend in October which is also the weekend of Fall Nats. Larry is considering a fun run that weekend. It may be a one day event.

That's about it folks. Don't forget to renew your IMPBA membership. Any questions on classes or anything, ask here. Tell us what classes you'll be running also.

I'll be running Gas Rigger, Open Offshore, Open Nitro/FE Hydro, P-Mono and P-Limited Sport Hydro
    My son John will be running P-Limited Hydro and P-Limited Tunnel
    His friend Brandon who is also a Capitol Club member will be running my P-Limited Sport Hydro in Novice for a race or two and then switch over to the big boy class.
    Last edited by Chilli; 02-28-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Looks great gooood job keeping up with it all maybe u should step up an grab the rains for d12 next year

Don't even go there. LOL

The ODMBA facebook page hasn't been updated in 2 years. I plan on running P-mono, P-limited tunnel, and P-limited rigger for sure. I am not sure about my shovel nose but maybe T-Hydro if I can run with the gas boats. I am also building a ML 20 hydro so that can be a P-limited option as well. I haven't talked to Dick since the oval trials last spring but will email him about club membership status.

Edit: The august dates listed for the ODMBA starts Saturday and ends Monday?
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Good Catch Chuck. I corrected it. Friday is open water day with racing Saturday and Sunday.

You could also run the T-Hydro in Open Nitro/FE Hydro. I want to see that boat run.

Give Dick a call and he'll get you up to speed. They already have a drivers stand up and are ready to rock. Manie and a few other ODMBA guys have been shooting the breeze on Jim's as well.

Just for you Chili ...

IMPBA 20481S D-12

Nice paint an great job on the driver

Awesome Chuck!!! Kind of looks like Dick Loeb when he's angry.

If you see this Dick, you know I love you...

An happy

JB its a wrap not paint.

Chili ...
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Let's hope it's fun this year

Danny...you have a PM...
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

IMG_20140301_164740.jpg
    Mike something Danny got me working on for him again its a 21 pay n pak but instead of a nitro we are going with the UL1 set up

Nice wrap job mike looks like it is coming along only been a year lol just kidding . Kent pm sent with my number I am at the top side of Dover Delaware now so I may hit the pond near symra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast