Thread: Colean Hydros - more info needed..........

Question Colean Hydros - more info needed..........

Stumbled upon a pic of these Colean 1/48 scale mini unlimited hydroplanes while on the Our Gang Racing web site (the real unlimited hydro). Found a YouTube video one free running in a pool-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipyuWav0z0
    Also found an older thread on rcgroups.com about ESC issues and a link to a Facebook page but since I don't do Facebook was wondering if anyone had more info on these little hydros like maybe how to get one.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Anyone???
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Cool lil boat but why was the guy constantly running it against the wall in the video?....Does it come with TX? What batteries does it use? Link doesn't tell you much in item description....

I think I have his email address at home I will check and see
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

looks like it might be a free running boat as it never got off the wall
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

yup definitely free running. Would be cool to find a really small receiver and servo for it
    Billy Graham

Did you see this post https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ch-micro-hydro Not quite as small, but the youutube vid looks fun.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

I contacted him a month ago (1/4), but got no response. It was supposedly a heavy hull. The edges are also rounded and he tried to give them scale hull details which sucks it to the water more. The bottom would have to make ride surfaces for the bottom. It also looks like a really hard space to work with...an I should know. I built 4" race boats years ago.

They mention them through the face book page as models, nothing about them being rc. The post was dated and he mentioned he only had a few left. It appears you would have to contact him through face book to see what he has left and go from there. They look less than 6" long and nicely made. Making them ride the water could be interesting as some look like they would be better submarines then boats. To bad they weren't just a little larger. There are some guys on rc groups messing around with 1\48 stuff, it would be a good idea to check them out as there is a lot of info and "what not to do" descriptions

I do have contact info him a email and a phone number if anyone is interested I will pm it to them
    Billy Graham