Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New p27 gunslinger cracker box

Just to be clear.. a 3 blade prop just by mere number of blades does not cause it to make more lift.

Blade rake, pitch and profile do however.

The important thing about selecting a prop for you boat (FE boat that is) is not over amping the electronics. Having said this we also want good handling and speed (note I added speed second cus to me it’s useless without handling)

With props its (buy and try).. I can however say that the 36X55 grimracer prop works very nice on the Gunslinger.

Grim

Is it still on track for availability at the end of the month?

Dealer web site still says late April so I imagine they are. Early June worst case scenario.

Grim do you have an Idea on when a video will be released for this guy? Not sure if i wanna try club racing with these or gp-1's

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Grim do you have an Idea on when a video will be released for this guy? Not sure if i wanna try club racing with these or gp-1's
    I vote for the C-Box

Hope there'a a "bind-and-splash" version
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

My son built the original Gunslinger in 2008! Grim he should get something out of this!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Not sure when the video is coming out. I did see a proof of it yesterday so it must be close. This boat is really fun to run.. Is it 40mph? Na.. but it dont need to be for good old side by side racing.

Grim

OK,already. I'm hooked. I want one. Maybe it won't be the latest race class to be sanctioned BUT I can already envision myself and Mike (TheShaugnessy) doing the max-fun side-by-side thing around the Legg buoys. Some of the best times I've ever had were days like that when a few of us did exactly that on a Sunday afternoon for pure grins.

That's what it's all about when you bottom-line it anyway
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony I have two on the way as soon as they are available, should I put your name on the other one? It would be sweet if I got my hands on one before the 4th

I'm not expecting a 40 mph boat. The ponds out here aren't quite big enough.

I just got back from the pond.. I am getting a Gun ready for the Joe Nall event in a few weeks.. Regardless.. your going to be putting in some down trim on the pads and testing battery locatons but.... dang... that boat runs nice, turns on a rail.. I giggle ever time i run the thing.... (3300mah packs for me)

Grimracer

Grim nothing for my son! LOL
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Video is up on the Aqua Website.

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Video is up on the Aqua Website.

Grim
    Thanks for the heads up, great video, looks fun, got to get one...

you beat me to it, i just came across it. I'm impatiently waiting for a box from gp. I see they are in stock in Illinois, I'm hoping the west coast isn't far behind. Video looks sweet, i like the Fpv footage. I have a 5650 1800 and a matching esc. Do you think i can keep it on the water with a 4s p-ltd power system .

The boat is very light (had to be to work with our power sytem) BUT.. its worth a shot.

The video is OK. I would have liked a bit more action but overall its OK.. with more tuning the boats REALLY handle well. unlike other Cboxes i have setup and ran (and seen ran) this one does not blow off as easy OR roll over as easy.. Its a HOOT on choppy water!

Grim

I want one! Just as long as my Spartan stops stealing all my RC fund! I kind of want to get this and put my Spartan power system n there while running 4s! I need it to be able to handle chop. I think they hit it pretty good though on this one, just need a few tweaks like a bigger ESC and maybe some other stuff.... Overall I like the hull shape, reminds me of the 16' Donzi Classics! IDEA!!!!!! Make this my little Donzi, I can already see it! For anyone that gets this little sucker post a video, I am no fan of the advert. video they put out....
    Last edited by Spartanator; 05-05-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Ok so I was able to get her in the water today. Lots of laughs. Needs a bit of tuning but it was fun to drive. Would have some video up in a bit here .

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Ok so I was able to get her in the water today. Lots of laughs. Needs a bit of tuning but it was fun to drive. Would have some video up in a bit here .
    Can't wait to see the vid.

Its not a nut scraping speed demon but its a HOOT on bumpy water. The handling is quite surprising.
    Keep bending the plates until you get the ride you want..
    Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Wait untill you get this boat on bumpy water.. lol.. two words PIN IT! If you arnt lauhing your A#@ off after the first run I would be VERY suprised...

But.. like any Cbox.. on glass water it has its "moments".. I think thats what makes it fun!

Grim

Grim

OK so here is some video of the first couple runs. Video isn't the greatest but you get to see it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMvG4acluM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D07X0tcalw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHOuVnwy3Ok

My initial thoughts/ review. pros: bulk heads to reinforce the ABS hull
    Break away rudder saved me from any damage on several turtle back run ins
    Hatch has positive retention and is easy to seal with the supplied tape ( cheap crummy tape, but none the less it is supplied)
    Sealed box for rx and steering servo.
    Steering servo pulls on rudder pushrod when turning right so it doesn't flex when being pushed
    Easy to remove motor mount
    Drain plug
    Uses Deans* connectors and 3s 2200-5000 mah batteries which are fairly common among RTF planes ( Cross overs?)
    Runs dry even if flipped (which was pretty hard to do ) I removed 15 ml of water after being upside down for 5 min or so and only had the sides of the hatch taped.
    Lots of run time
    Large tub area leave lots of room for lots of battery possibilities and ease of maintenance

CONs:

Drivers need paint, would like to see helmets and vest painted along with more detail on the Faux motor
    Trim tabs make strange sound when bending with pliers and are difficult to bend evenly
    Printing on the box was horrendous just about Impossible to read.
    Would have preferred a flex shaft with a 1/8 th stub shaft. My 1/8 inch props are a little lose on the threaded 3 mm shaft.
    Last edited by TheShaughnessy; 05-16-2014 at 02:57 PM.

2014-05-09 13.23.31.jpg2014-05-09 13.25.00.jpg

made some adjustable trim tabs with some u- channel i had laying around. I made them a little bit wider then the stock set and they are also a bit longer. Hopefully I can get a run in today and see if they do anything for me.

those tabs didn't do much if anything over the stock ones, just easier to adjust. I guess I'm gonna have to play with weight and cg. Mine is just hopping at the moment.

Looks as if it needs way more weight, at least 2 lipos in parallel... Have you looked into some large tabs here at OSE?
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

2014-05-11 15.52.30.jpg2014-05-11 15.52.47.jpg2014-05-11 15.53.00.jpgok i would like to retract my drivers needing paint as a bad thing. I spent a little bit of time and painted them up. I did it at work so it was a little rushed at times but I'm happy with the way it turned out over all. I ran gps on it yesterday and got a max of 20.1 mph, it was on smooth water but the ride was still off, it was hopping way bad so i feel like there is more speed to be had with the stock power system.

I ran it again today with a 900 mah 3s as far forward as possible ( bow has a bulkhead that stops you from going very far) that was just in there as ballast, I stuck a 3s 4000 mah battery towards the rear of the battery tray and it ran quite a bit flatter, still needs some tuning but it was better. I'm pretty sure I can make use of the tabs I "fabbed" up. I drilled the holes for the adjustment screws a hair large so one of them is stripped already.

Here are some pics, and i'll see if I can get the video from today up.

video was taken with my phone the wrong way, it's the only way in can tape it to the tx. Needs a bit more tuning but getting there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V0oK2OQ3f8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHBU9Ryjgk towards the 4:30 min mark there are some pretty cool passes.

Nice paint job, love it! Say, that's a nice hobby shop you got there!
    Are you using stock prop?

So did anyone else rush out and get one of these? Stainless prop gave me a bit more speed, no real number yet on that. Amp draw is pretty conservative on the stock prop.

I would like to see 30mph out of the stock power system so that should take some effort, that's the fun part though right?

Keep adjusting the trim plates.... it will just keep getting better!

I got one. My first RC boat was a small crackerbox, a Bag Shot kit from Enforcer back in the day (15 years ago). Brushed motor, car ESC, and a 1400 sick pack. Things are so much better these days! This thing is sweet. Painted pilots and engine before it ever hit the water LOL.

Spacelord,

First and formost welcome to the board.

And thank you for choosing AquaCraft.

Grim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast