Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New p27 gunslinger cracker box

Default New p27 gunslinger cracker box

Anyone seen this yet??

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...ger/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very interesting, always liked the C-boxes. Probably be another good one!
    Aquacraft needs to get somebody with some taste to design the graphics though. Not as bad as the Motley but close!
    Won't be buying one for that reason alone.
    How about a plain hull version we can do up with our own graphics?
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Siberianhysky,

This is an open invitation.. Please when you get the chance.. Post here a picture of what you feel this boat should look like for the masses. Maybe our company is out of touch as to what somebody like you might want.

Grimracer

What is wrong with a choice of plain colored hull maybe with a graphics sheet people can use if they want to?
    I don't have any issues with the quality of products. The Motley runs great, still almost stock (except for a bit of hatch reinforcement), but that dumb graphics scheme had to go asap. Looks like something a 14 year old stuck in the 80's with a bad mullet would like! ( I do know it's based off a full scale race team, should have chosen the Amsoil boat looks much classier and is the same Skater hull)
    The UL-1 is tasteful, as is the Revolt, SV looks good, the Lucas Oil cat is not bad looking at all either very tasteful. TS-3s are nice as are the VS-1s.
    No stupid skulls, cartoons, skeletons, skull wraps, guns, swords.........Just something a normal adult male can own and not get asked if it belongs to his teenage kid!
    I will keep buying most AQ products, some of them will be painted before they leave my house. This is the one place where Proboat has Aquacraft beaten.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

They just dont sell plain colored... This is an open honest invite.. lets us know when you come up with something.. Its good to get input from our customers.

Grim

I think he might have taken that post as sarcasm grim. Im not too keen on the graphics either, but the drivers and engine definitely need some more detail!

Not meant as sarcasm.. Show me what you can do, you want.. here is your chance..

Here is what I think.. I think MOST are OK with the schema. This boat was designed as "fun" and shows it. Its light hearted and a blast to drive.

Here is what i was hoping.. (but in this day and age maybe that’s lost).. I was hoping to hear.. "I can not wait to detail mine, Im going to paint the drivers helmet orange and add plug wires to the motor"..

Grim

Geeze-O-petes… take it easy fellas! I don’t think it’s possible to COMPLETELY (100%) satisfy every hobbyist’s personal design tastes.

I am willing to bet since its ABS they will be decals and can be easily removed. Take’em off, paint, detail, or sticker up anyway you want… Harness your creativity and hobby skills. Don’t be so negative to the company’s/people that are trying to get our very small faction of the hobby cool stuff to play with!

I can’t wait to get one of these and the Mini GP hydro… Maybe I can put the same paint scheme on both…

Later,
    Mike Ball

One more really cool entry to feed my wish for a one-design race class ( "Ya' know I've always been a dreamer.." - from Take it to the Limit / Eagles ).

One thing, we here, often fail to realize is that products like these rtr's are for the most part created for a target market of Fathers and Sons enjoying a Sunday at the lake rather than the enhanced performance audience that lives here. Not only do I like the graphics,( I even like my Motly Crew even though the name reminds me of a pretendo-rock band whose members dress like ugly women) but I'd run out and buy the CB today if I could convince my club to do the same to start a pure low-buck FUN class. Oh the pain.........
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony,

When I saw the Cboxs run at the FEW nats a few years ago I thought.. why not. I have 4 of them myself (different sizes) and love em.. What I did not like were the way they ran at the nats.. Blow over, roll over CITY.. I have HOURS into testing this.. Simple was the solution! This boat “will” surprise you…

Thanks for the support!

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Tony,

When I saw the Cboxs run at the FEW nats a few years ago I thought.. why not. I have 4 of them myself (different sizes) and love em.. What I did not like were the way they ran at the nats.. Blow over, roll over CITY.. I have HOURS into testing this.. Simple was the solution! This boat “will” surprise you…

Thanks for the support!

Grim
    Gee Mike,

To enhance the surprise, I can forward my shipping address { not that the fact that my second boat article in RC Boat Magazine is headed to print and they're always on the lookout for "new product reviews" has anything to do with anything}
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

aq make a rtr twin cat with diff color's and 540 mounts ect! id buy
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Personally I quite like the graphics and really like the MC graphics, but I know what SiberianHuskey means, as not everyone will like it, and even though I do if I knew someone else with one I wouldn't want it the same as theirs, it would be dangerous for us to run together looking the same, one of us would inevitably think we were driving the wrong boat at some point and end up with a runaway up the bank.

You wouldn't have to try to sell plain hulls, you could include the existing decal in the box and still have the sexy box art, just leave it to the buyer as to whether they apply it or not, or paint first then apply it. Tamiya include their decals in the box for the owners to apply as they wish, and it has not stopped them being one of the biggest RC car companies in the world consistently for the last 30 years.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Good Job, Mike! It's always a positive when we have more fun to select from out there!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks Dmon.. it was a fun project. It took me back a few years and at the same time kicked my butt in the new departent.. Lots of fun to drive!

MORE is ALWAYS BETTER! O yea!

Grim

I agree with NativePaul: the MC's graphic doesn't bother me at all, I like this one as well. It is a personal preference. I can't wait to have this one though, I skipped the Wildcat Catamaran and the GP-1 Mini 3s Ultra Hydroplane, just because I have too many. But this is so different...
    I drooled over Properchopper's Cbox... This will get me a bit closer to the "real" thing

It would be cool to see a grimracer hop up kit or a race ready version. It would be an awesome addition to FE racing!

Sport 40 II.. just hang onto your hat.. if this boat "hits the numbers" we have more in store (MUCH MORE) for the gang!

ROCK AND CBOX ROLL!

Grim

I'll buy one rtr, and just wait then! haha

Hi Mike:

Am I seeing things correctly...is the motor offset to the right?

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...atch-off-b.jpg

Never mind...answered my own question.

Yep. I bet I have over 50 hours in testing the drive line.. I almost gave up on this project BUT.. after LOTS of time at the test pond got the schooling I needed. Wait untill you get this boat on bumpy water.. lol.. two words PIN IT! If you arnt lauhing your A#@ off after the first run I would be VERY suprised...

But.. like any Cbox.. on glass water it has its "moments".. I think thats what makes it fun!

Grim

Grim

Default All cracked up

I saw this Cracker and think it will be a great addition to my lineup. I have a stack of 3S 5000 Mah Lipos just sitting, that I would love to use on a new project. Will this footprint/weight be suitable for the Crackerbox?

Battery = 137x47x40mm, Weight: 418g
    Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1v

Thanks!

O yea.. they will fit NO PROBLEM!..

Hey mike is this a legal hull for p-ltd cracker? I've tried to find the rules for that class but have came up empty.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Quote Originally Posted by Namba328 View Post
    Hey mike is this a legal hull for p-ltd cracker? I've tried to find the rules for that class but have came up empty.
    There aren't any "National" level rules because this isn't a NAMBA or IMPBA class. The local clubs that run this have their own sets of rules.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Oh ok hmmm well I still think this hull with a 1800kv pspec setup would be bad ass.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Grim,

I'm just wondering if there's an Aquacraft 1/6th Scale Jersey Skiff possibility. Since there are a few of them racing already using the Aquacraft 1800kv and esc's setups....

John
    JOHN A. GROSS
    MILLBROOK, AL
    Crickety Crack Racing Team

John,

We can do just about anyboat.. time and years are the issue. Do "I" feel we should have one.. O YEA!

Grim

Ordered a couple up today, one for the shop and one for me. Should be a good coot chaser and that seems to be pretty popular out here.

Does anybody have feedback on 3 bladed props with the cracker boxes. GP list a 36x55 grim prop as an upgrade but also have a Vegas frp prop for listed as a y535. Shaft size is 1/8th so I was thinking along the lines of a y535/3 or a x435/3. I'm just wondering if it would create an issue being a submerged prop. 3 blades have more lift then 2 right? These are getting close and I'd like to have a couple props on the shelf.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast