Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maritimo build

Default Maritimo build

Started this build after recieving a lightly used h&m maritimo hull off rrr. Its gonna have 2-1515 1.5d's, 2-hydra 240's, 2-4s 5000 mah, front & rear carbon bulk heads ... Ill post some pics i shot the cowl today, its a 3 stage burnt tangerine..enjoy... Ive got tons of pictures of the entire build so if any one is interested just ask..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres more.................................

Talking

Wolf , The paint job on the hatch looks sick dude. Can't wait to see the rest of the boat. Good job!!!! BONEWAR

Thanks bro, i bought a gold pearl today and will do the water droplet efect mixed with black on the very front of the bow/deck just a hint when i shoot the top of the hull. The bottom is going to be white with a heavy abalone pearl in the clear coat. It will look reeeaaally clean when finished. I started back at work today so my time is limited once again.. I left you a pm on rrr about the sponson shape if you could check it out and get back to me to get this guy moving along.. Thanks bro!

Talking spoonsons

Wolf your pm box is full on RRR . I put a straight edge across the spoonsons and both have a angle all the way through the steps. Couple of pics to show you.
    Last edited by bonewar; 04-22-2009 at 04:25 AM.

Perfect bro, thankyou so much for the quick response & pics! Just as i suspected, my left sponson(s) all the way up are almost flat? Right side is great, just like your pic. I new this was wrong so i already started block sanding the left side and its almost there...quit raining there yet?

Cool Hows The Cat Going?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf IV View Post
    Heres more.................................
    Hi Wolf IV,

I am interested in seeing how your build is going.

Great job so far

Hey thanks, ill get you guys up to date soon, as yesterday was my birthday and ive been selling tons of stuff on ebay to fund this build.. My next step is to paint the deck and ill be done with the hull. Then comes the inst. Of components ans jeff wholt is machining my shafts right now, then i can do all the drive components. Unfortunantly one of my cc240's isnt working ??? And i dont have the windows vista version to plug it in and see what the setting are at, my time has been limited. But this buid will start rolling real fast in the next two weeks!!!!

Cool Maritimo Twin

Hi bud,

Here is a pic of my Maritimo.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...&pictureid=533

This one is running two Aqua Craft 1800kv motor on 4s 4800mah lipo's and is fitted with German running gear.

AH VERY NICE! I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE LIKE TO GO WITH THE SCALE LOOK. WHAT KINDA SPEEDS YOU SEEING? HAVE A VIDEO? id like to see as many of these bad boys run as possible before mine gets wet . THIS IS MY FIRST DEEP SPONSON TWIN/CAT..BONEWAR'S RUNS GREAT ON 1512'S/5S ..AND I LOVE FAST ELECTRICS ON I THINK ITS A 1521( INSANE)!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMs0ghSzBIc

Smile Maritimo Twin

Hi Bud,

After I get back from Sydney early next week I will post some vid of it running.

First few runs I fitted 45mm ocy props 1.4 pitch no mods. God dame fast and very long run times.

I must say I love to sound of those twin motors

looking forward to the vid.

MAN STEVE YOUR FAST!!!!!!!!!! GOT THE MOTORS( 2) 1515 1.5D/S 'S .also got my JRrs310 reciever from the local hobby shop.. one of my cc240's isnt working so i sent it in for repairs so i ordered 2) 200 amp himodels and water plates , ill try them while the 240 gets repaired. still waiting on fast electric for my motor couplers..

Talking

Hey brother, how's that Maritimo coming along. Need an update. I've been away with work , back now , So I'll be trying out those cnc props very soon . I'll pm you the results. Bonewar.

Quote Originally Posted by team ffrb View Post
    hi bud,

after i get back from sydney early next week i will post some vid of it running.

First few runs i fitted 45mm ocy props 1.4 pitch no mods. God dame fast and very long run times.

I must say i love to sound of those twin motors
    lets see a vid!

Quote Originally Posted by bonewar View Post
    hey brother, how's that maritimo coming along. Need an update. I've been away with work , back now , so i'll be trying out those cnc props very soon . I'll pm you the results. Bonewar.
    funny you should ask , i did my prome on the deck today and will paint it tomorrow!!! Its gonna look sick. Ive got the stingers installed and the water pickups, and stuffing tubes. I also bought a radio box from tough racing and cut it down and painted it to match the box i built for my reciever. Next will be inst. The rear bulk heads and the rest is cake!heres some pics .. Ive been flying my planes lately heres a pic of the newest..

More.............................................. ..........

Finished the paint today.. Turned out pretty good for a garage 3 stage... Im happy!heres some pics. Just painted and pulled the tape. Needs a litttle color sand on the paint seems only cus the bottom and top were shot seperatly.. But very little is needed just to take off the lil lip of paint....

Heres pics........................................

.................................................. .pictures really dont do this color justice.. its a burnt deep orange but looks red with my lame camera...
    Last edited by wolf IV; 06-06-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Wolf I am a fire and safety inspector. Glad to see you have an extinguisher in the workshop
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Haha.. Ive got everything from race fuel to resin and you name it in the garage! I had the marshal check out the garage when they came over to inspect my cleaning job upstaires after a little lipo accident :0

The only fire extinguisher good for a lithium fire is a class "D" unit.Good luck with the ABC for lithium. It'll work for just about anything else tho.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

.................................................. .......

Hey man...hope you are feeling better. Can you tell me what the length of the shafts I made you are from the 6mm point to the 3/16" I have another set to build and do not have the stingers.

Looking very nice!

The 6mm part end to end is (2.514'') and 3/16 is (1.05'')

Thumbs up

Wolf , that receiver box is awesome dude. Your Maritimo will be bullet prof!!! The paint looks sick to!! Can't wait to see this one fly. What props are you going to start with. No runs on mine yet, been out the reef fishing. Bonewar

Thanx brother!!! X440/x442/ 2blade ... This things gonna be fun!!!

Installed the rear bulk heads, antenna ,inlet hoses, outlet hoses, cut all the hose coverings & esc wire tubing(WICH IS ALL c .f . tubing) and simulated placement while bulk head sets up. Cc called today and their waranty -ing the hydra 240 i sent in for repair. Sooo this means i dont have to water cool and use my 200 amp himodels!! Yeah!!!oh yeah, it will be a couple weeks until in stock.. coming along though, heres some pics,,,

Dang, Wolf, you the CF master! very nice and black. Great looking build. I see you have motors very far back, why did you place them here? I am thinking for mine 8-10" from the transom. Haven't done it yet and was wondering if I should think about more aftward...
    Thanks
    J
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast