Thread: 300a ESC's that fit

Default 300a ESC's that fit

I have heard of guys asking if there are any 300a ESC's that will fit in a 41" boat, specifically the Fantasm. The swordfish was the popular choice, but due its size, it would not. Well for those that are still looking I happen to get a smoking deal on some Flier 300a HV esc's. These are mush smaller and lighter than the swordfish. They are NOT encapsulated in a heavy aluminum box. They are "splash" resistant which means nothing. I soaked them in the 3m electronics epoxy and slapped them in my Fantasm for *!***!***!***!**s and giggles. I haven't ran them yet, thats tomorrow, but here is how they fit. Snug as a bug forsure, but comfortable.IMG_20140121_215133.jpg

Mhh what is the point of using those ESC's when a set of T180 Marine ESC's should do the job fine?

regards,
    Manuel

Reason? Why not? There is no reason, as my dads license plate stated on his dodge viper, "cuzican"......lol

We'll it appears that I stand corrected. It would appear that in fact there is a reason to run these 300a esc's HV. That reason is another 10mph.IMG_20140122_095015.jpg That is an all time best with my Fantasm and a full 10mph faster than the T-180's. So I guess I helped find 10 reasons why you should run 300a ESC's HV

Nice!
    Nortavlag Bulc

With the same setup, or did you prop up?
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Same exact set-up sir, just changed the escs

Quote Originally Posted by Tbauer View Post
    We'll it appears that I stand corrected. It would appear that in fact there is a reason to run these 300a esc's HV. That reason is another 10mph.IMG_20140122_095015.jpg That is an all time best with my Fantasm and a full 10mph faster than the T-180's. So I guess I helped find 10 reasons why you should run 300a ESC's HV
    That's good enough reason for me! Im looking for another esc right now so pm me how much you can get me one for if you don't mind.

Edit. Nevermind. That looks exactly like the fightercat esc I have right now. Maybe I just need to run it.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Run it

I would say that you more accurately found a good reason NOT to run a T-180 on 8s!
    You wouldn't realize that gain over an esc that was within its own parameters.

Thats another way to put it..........lol

By the way...
    Congrats on the speed Travis. The difference from 86 to 96 should be quite apparent. You're getting up there!

Thank you sir, it is........ Unfortunately in more ways than one, example crashing is MUCH more painful......LMAO

Nice, they are constantly changing their layout too............ They get an A for effort that's for sure

These ESC out of state...any here?

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    These ESC out of state...any here?
    I think Brian at Rocket City Racing has em. He is in Fla. My bad, he does not. Alibaba or RC Boat Bitz. Better yet MBP http://mbp-rc.de/mbp-rc-Regler-10S-300Amp_1

Are those esc,s still working? I just burned up mine. It only had a handfull of runs on it and had only been on the water about 30 seconds when it went. A whole block of fets burned up.

If they get wet...poof. I had one get wet and that's all she wrote.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kendt View Post
    Are those esc,s still working? I just burned up mine. It only had a handfull of runs on it and had only been on the water about 30 seconds when it went. A whole block of fets burned up.
    No they are not, but I ran the crap out of them. I have several near 100mph passes on 8s. I took the heat shrink off of them, soaked them in the 3m electronic water proofing stuff (yes they are sensitive to water) and they lasted longer than expected. Keith at KBB told me they would eventually go, and they did, but at less than 200.00 when you order them direct from the manufacturer they do the job. They lasted A LOT LONGER THAN my Swordfish's did. I don't know why, but I have the absolute worst luck with Swordfish.

Keith was testing some good, less expensive (when compared to Castle etc) one's but I haven't checked in with him in awhile. I haven't even had a chance to test my new props from Andy Brown (one stand up guy). Personal crap going on..... =(

Mine did get wet a few weeks ago. I dried it well and it seemed to be working, got a couple short runs in afterwards but nothing real hard. Today i never even got close to full throttle and poof. I opened it and 4 fets blew apart...I'm not sure what the deal is with these. There are a few places selling them under various names. They all claim they are different from the ones straight from flier but who knows. They seem to be well made yet very fussy about programing. Frustrating. I had a swordfish quit for no apparent reason and so did another guy I run with so I have no confidence in them either. Have no clue what I will do for a replacement.

I am in the same boat and can only find Alien Systems ESC's that are reasonable. A 400amp version is 350.00 with a 1 year warranty.

They are exactly the same esc as fightercat, flier, rcbb, kershaw design,tp power and the ones on fleabay. Alien claims theirs are different but there is a thread on endless sphere that pretty much proves they are exactly the same.The problem with a waranty is these have no data logging so it would be too easy for the supplier to just brush it off as improper use so it becomes more of a marketing ploy. I dont know if they would actualy stand by it.Its really frustrating for me. I spent two yrs building a .45 size rigger for FE. Finally get it in the water and after abot 5 runs my esc is toast. It wasnt a cheap esc as far as im concerened. For some people it would be but to me they are not. Now I have no clue what I will do. I really neaded the dam thing to last.

Did a quick search. It seems both Kershaw and TP have stopped selling these esc.s. Not too promising!!

I just got my 300twin ESC back from them on warranty. Not cheap with shipping mind you.

Was that from Alien? Good on you. Ya the shipping cost is another issue, especially if you pay it and then they dont cover the warranty. Cheaper than a new one if they do though. The other issue is time. We have a limited season and it sucks if you've got a boat out of comission for half of it because of unreliable esc.s.

Direct from Flier. I tried a couple of my other 'experimental' ones from them in the interim. I think the biggest thing is keeping these ones cool. Less fatigue that way.

I do wish there was another choice or two in brands. Love my Castle's but they were barely hefty enough for SAW

Mine was a 16s 280a. With two huge water jackets. I know I was no where near 280 when it quit. I looked up the fets that are used. They look pretty heavy duty so i really dont know why they blew so easily unless they were cheap knockoffs.I am toying with trying to replace the four that blew but not sure if its worth the trouble. I have to wait till next season for a replacement anyhow so I may bite the bullet and get a high end model like MGM. Thats pretty much a whole seasons budget in one shot though even for their lower priced models.

Wish we had A repair guy on the forum. It would be nice. Maybe tune up some problem issues.