Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Chris, Please bring the other trolling motors if you're coming, I came up with another good marine deep cycle battery. I had it at the shop and didn't remember having it! so now we have two sets of everything.
    I'll bring the 50lb thrust motor as Scott wants to run/check it on a 'fresh' battery - the small motor stays home.

Great day at the lake today, the water was nice for a change. A little late start cause of rain, but after that it was cool and overcast. Just as we quit it started to sprinkle, I'm sure Bill will have videos up on the Run Day reports. Big Thanx to Bill for supplying the great videos everytime we run!!!

Sometimes we forget how much work all those videos are. Thanks Bill!

Oh, and Scott (Tiqueman), you better bring your "A" game for LSO, Rich (RDRacer) has that new Blackjack screamin and he has tons of room for more prop!

Video's are coming. Got about the 1st three uploaded to Youtube so far and working on getting them posted in the forums. May be another long evening for me as there are 11 total.

Lots of fun today. It is well worth the drive down. Drove down and back and charged my batts the whole time all on less than a 1/4 tank of diesel. Not too bad.
    Now I must work on my AVATAR

If you want to sell any of that excess hatch tape that you guys seem to have,the East coast can use it!!!PM me with price and payment info.

Well I just purchased my second boat and need some advice. I got the Delta Force 33 and all the hardware but need some help on Speedo and motor. Can anyone give me some direction that will be competitive but not break the bank

I'm not sure of which direction to point you in there. Lots of the guys are running 2200 kv motors with 180-240 amp ESC's. These setups are fast be pretty high strung and I've seen more than one stop in the middle of a race because of ESC or motor issues.
    I'm running a 6s motor (1577kv) in mine on 4s. It's not as fast, but it can turn a lot of laps without overheating or over stressing anything.

On my DF33 Neu 1521 1.5D 1860kv, Castle Hydra 240LV 4S2P 5000 packs. I think prop was detongued Octura X447/3 or X450/3 can't remember which one.

Without breaking the bank. A TP Power USA 4050 3Y 2220kv motor (free cooling jacket) and SwordfishPro 220A speedo.

Thanks for the help guys. I am really lost when it comes to all the KV #'s and such. Racing cars everything went in motor winding turns. I have to get edjimicated on this stuff. Tiqueman, what do you mean by having in stock.

Im a tfl dealer. Ive got hulls hardware and motors at discounted prices for club members.
    Last edited by tiqueman; 02-04-2014 at 05:20 PM.

I had a hard time too going from winds to kv. Kv x voltage = unloaded rpm. Generally somewhere in the low 30k range is a reliable set up. High 30s into 40k rpm is considered saw (straight a way) type set ups and low mid 20s is typically stock type set ups and very mild sport running.

Hope that helps a little.. then comes props and loads lol. Kinda like gearing w a lot less options

Thanks I'll talk to you when I get ready for a motor and speedo.

Sunday morning is not looking too bad right now. Cloudy and light winds from the north at 7:00 am followed by sunny and slightly stronger (8-9 mph) winds from the north at 10:00.
    http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KSRQ&state=FL
    Who's planning to be at the lake?

Well hell, for some reason I was thinking it's next weekend not this weekend... I'll be there!

I'll be there.

Count me in.

Bill and I will be there

I'm in.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

I didn't shoot any videos today but did shoot a few pix. Got some good ones of Ray's Avenger and Larry's P sport.
    To keep down file attachments here I'll let it go at putting them in our RCG thread.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...634006&page=25

Tiqueman.
    I got the motor mount today. Thanks I was kinda disappointed sunday when you were out of carbon fiber but the aluminum is awesome. I'm glad I got it instead. I'll let you know when I need the rest of the stuff. Do you have the speedo's too

Great Rich. Im glad your happy. No I don't carry escs, sorry.

On another note. I got the line clips in so we can correct the sub bouys. Chris (flraptor), Whats your schedule tomorrow? Do you want to met up and go reset pins or wait until next weekend, get there early and getm done before the race. It shouldn't take long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Great Rich. Im glad your happy. No I don't carry escs, sorry.

On another note. I got the line clips in so we can correct the sub bouys. Chris (flraptor), Whats your schedule tomorrow? Do you want to met up and go reset pins or wait until next weekend, get there early and getm done before the race. It shouldn't take long at all.
    I say early next Sunday, Ya want to meet about 7:30?

Chaos for Chris.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...rine-Chaos-ARR

Congrats on the new boat!

I assume the guts of the Mountain Hobbies boat go in there.
    Last edited by RayR; 02-18-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Chaos for Chris.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...rine-Chaos-ARR

Congrats on the new boat!

I assume the guts of the Mountain Hobbies boat go in there.
    Nope, all new stuff. Leopard 56110 950kv, SF240 pro plus. from what I can gather the Chaos bare hull is about 2.5lbs lighter than the Hyper. I've got a Leopard 5698 910kv in the Hyper I got the Hyper all repaired from the hull seperation it came out really nice you can barely tell anything happened. Not only did it seperate across the bow, it also seperated across the transom too! It looked like there just wasn't enough epoxy in the seams at the bow and transom, but there is NOW!!! lol The Chaos comes with a extra uncut hatch and it doesn't look like it's gonna be too bad to tape up.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast