Thread: New guy with MG24 going brushless which battery?

Default New guy with MG24 going brushless which battery?

I've been lurking for a while ever since seeing a MG24 at the LHS. Since all my r/c stuff is still at my house 2000mi away (I'm living at my SIL's), I figured this would get me up and running in one shot. I went ahead and got a 7-cell NiMh and the Por Boat Stainless prop before I put it in the water. I ran it at my cousin's pond during Christmas and was OK with it's performance (with the 7cell pack anyway), but I only had 1 pack. Noticed that the ESC had a LiPo switch so we ran his 7.2V car packs which had similar performance to the 7cell NiMh. On the last run before putting it away, I guess I let the smoke out of the wires. It still ran, but it was smoking. Decided to start with a brushless conversion.

I ended up getting this 3660 1700KV motor:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ess_Motor.html

and this 100A ESC with a 5a BECL
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._w_5A_BEC.html

The adapter coupling from OSE is on order.

I got a gift certificate to my LHS for Christmas and was wondering which pack would work for this setup?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi a good battier is the Turnigy 5.00 5000mah and is a good price from hoppyking

Quote Originally Posted by BAZCNG View Post
    Hi a good battier is the Turnigy 5.00 5000mah and is a good price from hoppyking
    I swear by spc lipos great prices awesome customer support true c ratings what else could u ask for.. O plus they are having a sale if u choose a deans on some lipos right now.. Check them out, I'm not a big fan of hobby king batteries I have had DOA and puffs too frequently with the few I bought from HK except they do carry polyquest cells which are made in Korea and are a very good battery too but more expensive than spc I used to only buy polyquest until the company I bought them from stopped selling them. I have a pair of 2s 35c 5000mah packs from 5 years ago that are still goin strong in an erevo. As for the longevity of spc I can't say cause I just started buying them about 8 months ago but from what I have read online 300 cycles+ is not uncommon as long as you charge per instructions.. Good luck , Rob