Thread: Hyperion Repair

Default Hyperion Repair

Hey Hyperion Charger users...

I think that I have a charger that needs looked at (still investigating). Is there a repair center in the US? Has anyone gotten their charger repaired?

Thanks
    Mike

Don't think they do much repairing at Hyperion.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Nope not much... what is wrong with it? Faded display?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Don't think they do much repairing at Hyperion.
    That is what I was thinking too... ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Nope not much... what is wrong with it? Faded display?
    Well, like most of you the chargers don’t get much use in the winter. I needed to charge up a small 3S Lipo Transmitter battery. I have two Hyperion Duo3’s hooked up to my 25amp power supply. For some reason shortly after I started the charge cycle the power supply went into a protect mode of some sort (it cuts power to the chargers and the fan turns off, but the light built into the power switch stays on). No big deal, I turn the power supply switch off and back on and everything powers up like it’s supposed to. I tried running the charge cycle again and the same thing happen.

So to try and rule out the power supply, I moved the battery to the other charger (hooked up to the same power supply) and it charged fine. I would like to do some more trial and error before I get to worried, but I will be disappointed if the charger has gone bad and I can’t get it fixed…

Later,
    Ball

FYI - this is the power supply I have been using for SEVERAL years and has served me very well. http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/u...0510_PM_EN.pdf

Hi Ray
    My Hyperion 720i Duo, lost display yesterday, I contacted Hyperion and they responded this morning that no repairs but offer purchase at 40% off list. Not really interested at that rate. Since you asked the question on the display I was wondering if you have a solution?
    Thanks in advance.
    Yesterday was a rough day, my transmitter died also:)
    KartRacer ~ Dennis B
    Delta Force Pirate 35'~Leopard 4092~1480Kv~Seaking 180~2X6S 65C 5000 Mha Dynogy Lipo,Parallel

Well, the display panels can be replaced if you can find them. I bought a pair way back before I sold all my Hyperion stuff. I will look to see if I kept a spare screen at home here or if I gave it away in the sale.
    The spare screens came from Japan. Maybe a search at RC groups or here from my old posts... They were about $10-$15 each I think?
    Nortavlag Bulc

I would suggest here http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/ there are guy's on that forum who atr tearing into chargers and replacing displays all the time i bet they know the part number and what ever else you need to repair it
    Billy Graham

Thanks Jim,

This is the old thread but, the link is dead. There is an email you can try: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ns!&highlight=
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks for the links and info. I will try to follow them up.
    KartRacer ~ Dennis B
    Delta Force Pirate 35'~Leopard 4092~1480Kv~Seaking 180~2X6S 65C 5000 Mha Dynogy Lipo,Parallel

Buyer beware, hyperion's answer to no service is to offer a new replacement at 40% off LIST, Sorry but for me that is unacceptable. Charger is 15 months old with very lite use purchased from OSE at $250.
    I will be forced to buy a new unit but it will NOT be a Hyperion.
    Just thought you would want to know Hyperion's idea of customer service.
    KartRacer ~ Dennis B

very few (if any) charger makers have any repair facilities
    Billy Graham

Astro Flight will repair, Made in USA too
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ancient chargers

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Astro Flight will repair, Made in USA too
    Billy Graham

I know but, I keep one around, juuust in case. Never fails me in a crutch.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Mike call me I know a few tricks
    When all else fails floor it