Thread: (Newb questions)- can the Factory 1800kv motor handle 6s by using a upgraded 180esc?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default can the Factory 1800kv motor handle 6s by using a upgraded 180esc?

Hi all, new to the FE boat thing (I've been into the real 1:1 performance boats). I picked up a impulse 31 2 years ago, I've done all the tuning I can on the boat to get the most out of the factory setup with 2 gen-ace 2s1p 5300mah 30c batteries connected to factory wiring. Boat has a balanced and sharpened prop also.

My question is can I upgrade the factory esc with say a sea king 180 and run the factory motor on 2-3cells for 6s power.? I would like to hit 50mph if possible. I realize I will have to buy new batteres for the 6s power, I'm just wondering if it makes sense to go this route?
    or would my money be best spent on a new leopard 4074 2200kv and a new esc, And run the batteries I have.? What prop would be best suited?

I feel overwhelmed with all the options, any help would be appreciated!

I also plan on buying a PB blackjack 29 soon and would like to use the batteries/props between the boats but if I can't, I don't mind saving up and buying new batteries for the blackjack. I want the most out of both boats.
    Last edited by kfelgnar; 01-08-2014 at 06:11 PM.