Thread: Getting into racing question - Space Coast (Melbourne, FL)

Default Getting into racing question - Space Coast (Melbourne, FL)

I'm interested in getting into racing. Im trying to find a local club that offers FE Classes.

I also would like to hear everyones opinion on what's the most cost effective class to get into and still be competitive. I'm assuming p - limited? I'm totally new to all this. Just looking for some advice. Thank you in advance.

If you want to race, first find a club near you. Make sure you choose a class which is popular in that club - that gives you the best chance to learn from others. The P-Limited classes are usually the most cost effective yet they can offer some great racing. For example in our club P-Limited Sport Hydro is the most popular class, almost all members have one. We often have six boat heats with speeds in the low 50s....lots of fun.

if you do not choose a popular class you will learn less and have limited racing opportunities.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Welcome aboard. Check out the WaveBlasters of Florida ; one of the most race - active clubs ever. They're in Fort Pierce (not exactly sure how far that is from you)

http://www.waveblasters.org/

As stated, the P-Ltd race classes are accessible and FUN ! Sport Hydros are fast and very popular, and the P-Ltd Cat class is huge. Good luck &let's hear how your doing

Tony
    SoCal FE RC Raceboat Club
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I have been to wave blasters page. I think they had a race this weekend. They are only about an hour south from me.

one hour south of u is as close as you can get ....go visit sometime....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Not necessarily electric but there are 2 big races close in the next couple weeks. There's one in Orlando the weekend of Jan 17th and one in Riverview the following weekend. I'm sure there will be people that run electrics at either and it would give you a chance to see the races and meet some of the players. I'll be at the Riverview races and running an electric hydro on Sunday against the gas guys.

In our district (NAMBA 9), we have p-limited hydros (usually 4-6 boats), and p-limited offshore (sometimes up to 8+ boats), most of the offshore boats are just RTRs (Proboat or Aquacraft monos or cats).

Chief

Like Ron said not that far from you and a day at the pond would give you all the info you need. As for organized FE racing the Wave Blasters hold a spring race with a wide spectrum of classes. Other than that the Brandon club near Tampa has a couple outboard tunnel events that include some FE OB classes. If you want to travel to south Georgia they run spec classes and P monos. A spec OB tunnel can run any of these events. Welcome to the neighborhood.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Thank you for everyone's input. Please keep it coming... I'm definitely in learning mode. I contacted wave blasters, just waiting to hear back to see if anyone will be at their pond on Sunday. Gonna make it to Orlando for their Winternationals on the 16-19th as we'll.