Thread: Any difference between the Blackjack26 and the Miss Geico 1500kv motors?

Default Any difference between the Blackjack26 and the Miss Geico 1500kv motors?

Just wondering if there are any performance/reliability differences between the Proboat A3630 1500kv PRB3310 and the Dynamite A3630 DYNM3835.

Thanks

Well for one, the kv's are different. 1500 vs the Dynamite's 1800. I can't tell you if there are any reliability differences, but keep in mind that Horizon did switch all of there motors and ESC's to Dynamites.

K ... thanks but you didin't understand me...both are 1500kv motors

thanks...

My bad, I thought they were all equipped the same.

There is an 1800kv motor http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...motor-DYNM3830 but the Geico has the 1500kv listed as a replacement part http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...motor-DYNM3835

Here is the old Blackjack motor http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=dh-prb3310 which has been discontinued

I was just wondering if they are indeed the same, just with the change of the casing from silver/grey to blue and a part number change. Sometimes things get improved...sometimes good things are lessened in quality to improve profit. I haven't heard of any comparisons or complaints about the new motor.

The reason I am asking is for a NAMBA 1/10 scale spec motor.

Here are the two in question
    Attached Images Attached Images

They would both be allowed for 1/10th scale I would think. Best thing to do is ask your district director or who ever is the CD at the races you go to. The performance difference should be minimal if any at all .

Actually they are both listed per the NAMBA spec as well as the old SV27 blue motor and the Himax HB3630-1500. In reality I am IMPBA and am just building to the NAMBA spec since we don't have a 1/10 scale FE class...or even race FE in our district.

So question answered?

No...but now you know as much as I do.

If I recall the newer motors have a slightly more stout wire termination. It isn't likely you would see any performance gains. The newer motors may handle a little more abuse but its marginal.

Thanks!