Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Schedule for NAMBA Legg Lake SAW's

Darin, I forgot to mention I live in Cottonwood, Just south of Redding. What size battery do I need to order for my Raptor for SAW? I only have 5000 packs. Will a Hyperion 4s, 4400, 45c work?

Thanks, Allen

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Darin, I forgot to mention I live in Cottonwood, Just south of Redding. What size battery do I need to order for my Raptor for SAW? I only have 5000 packs. Will a Hyperion 4s, 4400, 45c work?

Thanks, Allen
    P-Ltd, AQ2300KV?? Right??

4400 or 5000 would work great. If you don't have a battery loyalty to another brand, I would HIGHLY recommend you get in touch with Mark Ferreira at DinogyLipos.com (http://dinogylipos.com/4s-lipos/96-5000mah-4s-65c) and order a couple of his packs... They WORK!

I checked with him and he should have these in stock later this week. He'll be at the event as well.

What you don't want to do is to fool yourself into thinking you can get away with the smaller packs to save weight (3300, etc.)... For P-Ltd you want EVERY RPM you can get, and voltage compression (depression??) is a factor. Under load, the smaller packs pull down to a lower voltage than the larger packs, and this kills RPM... You should be good with a 4400-5000mAh pack. The 6000's Mark sells are great too, but are about 75g heavier, and probably more important for heat racing, where you need the extra capacity at the end.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Cookies?? OK, Now I'm starting to get a little jazzed...

Although I hope you won't need them, remember to bring a sack of nickels just in case

100_0191.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Although I hope you won't need them, remember to bring a sack of nickels just in case

100_0191.jpg
    DANG... I DEFINITELY will need those! Thanks for the reminder!!

Darin, I appreciate the advice. I will try his packs also. I currently have a Thunder Power 4s 5000, 65c that I'm running in the Raptor. I actually have 2 that I bought new. Your right, I was thinking about and concerned about reducing some weight. I'm good to go!

Allen

Darin, I appreciate the advice. I will try his packs also. I currently have a Thunder Power 4s 5000, 65c that I'm running in the Raptor. I actually have 2 that I bought new. Your right, I was thinking about and concerned about reducing some weight. I'm good to go!

Allen
    Just based on what I've seen, you should be good. I think, for P-Ltd, you are probably OK down to 4000mAh... I tried 3300's, for example, in my N1 setups, and went slower than when I used 5000's... even with the lighter weight.

Darin, I run the AQ2030 and the hydra 120. I'm a little confused. In the NAMBA record book, P-limited is Bill at 53 mph, P-spec is Brian at 83 mph "wow". Is P-Limited the stock 60amp AQ ESC? P-spec an unlimited ESC but the AQ motor? I have both speedos so I can go either way if thats the case. I know, I know, a bunch of questions from the newbies, lol

Allen and Fred

Darin, I run the AQ2030 and the hydra 120. I'm a little confused. In the NAMBA record book, P-limited is Bill at 53 mph, P-spec is Brian at 83 mph "wow". Is P-Limited the stock 60amp AQ ESC? P-spec an unlimited ESC but the AQ motor? I have both speedos so I can go either way if thats the case. I know, I know, a bunch of questions from the newbies, lol

Allen and Fred
    The P-Ltd record of 53mph is to be removed. Any esc is valid in NAMBA for Ltd class.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    The P-Ltd record of 53mph is to be removed. Any esc is valid in NAMBA for Ltd class.
    The online records have a few mistakes with dual entries and some confusion as to the class names.

Your target is 83mph for P-Ltd Hydro...

Hey Guys... I'm sorry, but it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my trip to LA this time around. Due to some circumstances with the foreclosed house next door to us, which some people are now illegally occupying... people with some VERY shady pasts and have a history of some VERY bad "behavior", I don't feel comfortable leaving my family alone for 5 days, 1000-miles away. Level 3 Sex Offender, Rape, Assault, Cocaine dealing and possession, failure to register, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon... Yeah... that kind of "bad"...

The Sheriff told us that we are in no danger and that we should "go about business as usual"... The Deputy, however, had a bit of a different tone and said they are "doing what they are allowed to do by law", but that we should "do what you need to do to protect your family and possessions".

Until this gets resolved, I need to stay close to home.

I'll be even more ready for the next one, I guess...

Sorry to hear that Darin. At one time I had two consecutive sets of next door neighbors in the same house. The first group sold drugs and looted building sites on their off days. That bunch left in the middle of the night with all the appliances including the water heaters and as much copper pipe as they could pull out. The next family was into identity theft and worked with a Russian mob. The FBI hauled them out in cuffs..... I never felt good leaving town when those groups were around.

Hope to see you in November.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Good luck Darin, They will get them sooner or later.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Darin, family comes first. I was looking forward to hanging out for the weekend. What is your thoughts on the upcoming Namba nationals in your region? Should Fred and I come up for a few days with some FE's ?

Allen and Fred

Darin, family comes first. I was looking forward to hanging out for the weekend. What is your thoughts on the upcoming Namba nationals in your region? Should Fred and I come up for a few days with some FE's ?

Allen and Fred
    Absolutely! Lots of great people plus five good FE classes mixed in with lots of gas and nitro.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Oxidean won't be there either this time around. Developing some new stuff that will be sure to astound in the upcoming months : )
    Set that water on fire boys, and ya'll have an extra helpin' of that great lunch for me now, hear?

: )

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Absolutely! Lots of great people plus five good FE classes mixed in with lots of gas and nitro.
    That race is sounding more and more appealing to me by the minute. The way guys talk, it sounds like a pristigeous race, plus there are some Pac/NW racers I'd like to see that I haven't since I was last up there in "07"

Allen,
    It is a shame you won't make the FE Nats in Michigan.

Darin, sorry to hear about the neighbor problems....but family always comes first.

Unfortunately, I can’t make the upcoming March event either....but I'll be back in August with some brand new "outside of the box" Cats!

Good luck guys

Todd, remember George from Germany that spent the week with us at the Nats 13? Well, I'm spending a week in Rome with the family, then we are flying to Frankfurt, George is going to meet us there, drive us in our rental car to his house. We will stay with him several days. He has over 50 FE's in his fleet! He is going to introduce me to German FE and meet his club members. Then we are doing a week long castle tour and flying home from Munich. A once in a life time opportunity so I apologize for missing the Nats 14. Fred and I are going to the Namba Nats 14 in Washington. We both bought Gas Hydros for Sunday. We will see you at a future FE nat. Raptor is done, PT at the painters. It's game time. Nice to hear from you.

Allen and Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fred and I want to thank every one of you for an amazing weekend. We really appreciated everyones hospitality. We have a lot to learn. We asked a lot a questions and everyone gave us great advice. Brian added 5 mph in 5 minutes with his magic pliers. When is Brian Neal going to get up to speed and make a fast run? LOL. Mark, thank you for a great battery. Toni, I can't believe you survived 2 days pitting next to Fred! I will start my research on a dedicated SAW rigger for next year. I was bummed that Darin could not make it but looking forward to meeting him soon.

Thank You Everyone,
    Allen Cordy and Fred Keyes
    KC Racing

I sure can get used to this after race Sunday FREE dinner deal.

Brian

See the new thread on the up coming NAMBA SAW event on August 22, 23 & 24. Results will be posted on the new thread.

Thanks much,

Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslambo View Post
    See the new thread on the up coming NAMBA SAW event on August 22, 23 & 24. Results will be posted on the new thread.

Thanks much,

Boyd
    I hadn't scheduled myself to attend this one, Boyd, but I'm gearing up for November.

Looking forward to hearing the results!

A little progress towards November....

20140902_044857.jpg
    20140902_044911.jpg

I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    A little progress towards November....

20140902_044857.jpg
    20140902_044911.jpg
    Darin,

Awesome looking tub. I like how you turned down the nose. I would assume your trying to create down force versus creating more lift over the top? Is that a P-Lmtd tub?

Allen

Is that a P-Lmtd tub?

Allen
    Oh, No, Allen... something much smaller...

I like how you turned down the nose. I would assume your trying to create down force versus creating more lift over the top?
    It's hard to see from the photos, but no... the nose isn't actually "turned down". From the side, you'd see the entire top surface is shaped like a wing... I actually need the lift.

Lift on an M-2 boat..... interesting! Combined with an HV Lipo cell (in the only NAMBA legal HV cell class...) could make for a very high speed 'skeeter.... though it looks a bit long for M-2...
    2S maybe?

I want to come down in November and bring my 4&6 year old to watch ! What day will be the best ? Saturday for me. I don't have any competitive boats right now but it's worth a trip just to come down and enjoy you guys doing what you do. How much will lunch cost ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast