Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Schedule for NAMBA Legg Lake SAW's

Default *UPDATE* 2014 Schedule for NAMBA Legg Lake SAW's

The November event has been extended to 5 days to accommodate the international boaters and competitors traveling from the US and Canada. More information will come next week

A heads up the Amigos and SoCal FE are hosting 3 SAW events and one 2-lap next year at Legg Lake.

The tentative dates are:

January 25-26th SAW
    March 28-30th 2-Lap
    August 22-24th SAW
    November 5th-9th SAW

If you know or think you can make it, please send Mark Grim an email or phone call so we can get a headcount. NAMBA cards will be checked at the event so please make sure you renew before the event. In case you forget you can renew on site.

7372 Natal Drive, Westminster, CA 92683
    714-615-9974
    mgrim@mindspring.com

If you have any general questions about rules, running or equipment post here or send a PM. We encourage all to come out and run or just watch and bench race. The Amigos and SoCal FE try to support any racer who travels to the event and needs some assistance.

TG
    Last edited by RaceMechaniX; 09-04-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Cool

Thanks for posting Tyler. Looks like November for me...

.IMG_0845.jpg
    Last edited by Fluid; 12-30-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Jay, still plenty of time to buy a ticket and build a boat for January.....
    Just saying,
    TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Question

If someone picked up my 2013 hull maybe I can re-build it....

IMG_0858.jpg
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

There is an extra SAW in March:

Saw 1/25-26
    Saw 3/21-22-23
    2lap 3/28-29-30
    Saw 8/22-23-24
    Saw 11/7-8-9

Brian

Thanks Brian,

Will we see you in January? Looking forward to that Lobster and Filet dinner next time :-)

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

What is your target?

Mine is 145 or smoke

Brian

Well then I better shoot for 145.1 mph to enjoy my lobster dinner. Really I am just shooting for two passes where the prop stays on.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Quote Originally Posted by B Neal View Post
    There is an extra SAW in March:

Saw 1/25-26
    Saw 3/21-22-23
    2lap 3/28-29-30
    Saw 8/22-23-24
    Saw 11/7-8-9

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Thanks Brian,

Will we see you in January? Looking forward to that Lobster and Filet dinner next time :-)

TG
    We'll need help to support all the events this year...please contact Mark G or Tyler if you can give us some help/time?

Regarding 145....I'll raise it to 150

I'll be there in March (2 lap and SAW) and November. It's a long expensive drive, I can only do it twice a year.

I'm going to play with my little boats and go for soft targets:
    110 for N2
    125 for P
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    I'm going to play with my little boats and go for soft targets:
    110 for N2
    125 for P
    "Soft Targets", eh?? Ummmm... Yeah....
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

There isn't any way I can make the January date, but I, too, will be there in March for the SAW. Not sure I can make the 2-Lap happen, but the SAW is penned onto the calendar...

Darin I think its time you build something that can hit triple digits and is over 20".
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Darin I think its time you build something that can hit triple digits and is over 20".
    Naw... much more challenging to attack 80+ on 1-cell...

The weather forecast looks good for next weekend

Also, a reminder; we'll be clearing reeds from the SAW venue this Tuesday (starting at 10:00 am), so if anyone can join us we'd appreciate the

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslambo View Post
    The weather forecast looks good for next weekend

Also, a reminder; we'll be clearing reeds from the SAW venue this Tuesday (starting at 10:00 am), so if anyone can join us we'd appreciate the

We're in luck. One of my ex's showed up so I'll bring her along to help out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46sUcQwM5R8
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

im actually interested in the 2 lap in march..is anyone from az going??

Anything exciting happen at the last LA SAWS

Can you Gentleman please update this post and give us an update on the March 21,22,23rd Saw event. Fred and I just booked a hotel and will come down as spectators and have you put us to work. This will be our first Saw event. Can you please give us an idea of what to expect? Who is planning to attend? How many boats and classes are expected?
    Thanks, Allen Cordy and Fred Keyes
    KC Racing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Allen,

There are about 10 regulars that show up and usually a couple new faces. There will probably be 20 to 30 boats at the event, some bring 10 boats and others only bring one. We start a running order list each morning, at your turn you tell the clock person what class you are running and proceeded to run. You should be taped up and ready to run when you turn is up. We typically set up early in the morning around 6 and start running around 7:30 or 8 unless the lights are set up earlier. There is a one time site fee and then a fee per class you run. You can run as many passes as time allows. You will see small boats run 30 mph to big twin cats run 135mph and everything in between.

Assuming you are driving you should try to bring a table, ez-up, generator and chairs. If you cannot easily bring these let us know and we can try to help out.

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Gents,

Nice to get to meet you. You'll find a welcoming attitude and get to witness some amazing feats as well as observe some tuning procedures from the best of the best. To make your experience more comfortable (it's a long day) wear comfortable clothes (it's chilly in the early a.m. as well as darkness approaches). Though not confirmed yet (as far as I know) there's either a food kitchen for lunch or a pizza run for a reasonable price. I'll have some lounge chairs but if you're driving put a canopy in the car - there's some shade but not a lot. Cameras would be nice - we try to capture the runs but the more the merrier. If you want to help with the grunt work, set up is basically before or at sun up, tear down at dark.

pit tour from the last SAWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2b5s_1Xpx8

You can hit me at rcboatbuild@hotmail.com for more info (or my cell if you need it)

Tony
    SoCal FE
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tyler and Tony, Thank you for the update. We are just coming down to spectate. Let us know what you need help with. We can pick up boats or whatever. We would enjoy the opportunity to an invite to Dinner on Friday and or Saturday, FYI I will buy Dinner. We're both new to FE, buying and building right now. Just want to meet more drivers in the FE community. There is so much to learn.

Allen and Fred

Tyler and Tony,

Fred and I decided to bring two P-spec riggers to our first SAW event. We are going to pack light and bring a car for the 10 hour drive. Would it be possible that we can toss you guys a cord for a couple charges? That way we don't have to bring a generator. Thanks for your help.

Allen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Tyler and Tony,

Fred and I decided to bring two P-spec riggers to our first SAW event. We are going to pack light and bring a car for the 10 hour drive. Would it be possible that we can toss you guys a cord for a couple charges? That way we don't have to bring a generator. Thanks for your help.

Allen
    Allen,

No problem. Remember that we get going at sun-up - best water is early and late. Day is loooonnnngggg !

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Allen,

No problem. Remember that we get going at sun-up - best water is early and late. Day is loooonnnngggg !
    Yup... Bring Spare PARTS! Rudders, Driveshafts, Props, Boom Tubes, and hopefully NOT ESCs/Motors/Batteries... The other parts break and get bent... The later parts burn and STINK!

Heavy Duty Zip-Lock Bags and black heavy duty garbage bags are also a good think to have on hand, just in case...

You don't want to be driving home with that boat ANYWHERE in your car/trunk if you happen to discover the limits of those FETs...

We are going to pack light and bring a car for the 10 hour drive.
    Allen,

Where are you guys driving from???

I'm leaving from Seattle on the 19th... will make a quick stop on the Portland area, then start heading south. It's a 19-hour drive from my house... about 16 hours or so from Hillsboro.

Darin, I'm driving down to Fred's house in Modesto the afternoon of the 19th and spending the night. The 20th we will drive to LA. We are going to stay 21st and 22nd and drive back Sunday Morning.

Allen

Darin, I'm driving down to Fred's house in Modesto the afternoon of the 19th and spending the night. The 20th we will drive to LA. We are going to stay 21st and 22nd and drive back Sunday Morning.

Allen
    Excellent! We'll see you there, then!

Also, a fire extinguisher is mandatory and charging lipo sacks are asked for. Chocolate chip cookies too

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Chocolate chip cookies too
    Cookies?? OK, Now I'm starting to get a little jazzed...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast