Thread: Octura X431 vs Aquacraft stock Mini Rio prop?

Default Octura X431 vs Aquacraft stock Mini Rio prop?

Hey guys just got my Octura X431 prop and I can't tell the difference between it and the stock FRP Mini Rio prop. Are there any specs on the stock Rio prop? It'd be a shame to have expected any difference to get none... I mean its red, instead of black.. which is cool but, ya know..

I am going to go to the local park and try it out as soon as my other battery is done charging.

But, whats 1mm really do? I can't even measure the difference really with calipers. Is the pitch the same?

Thanks all!

Not sure what it is with the stock prop, but its not that good on takeoff. I have used other similar sized pops with the rio and noticed a large increase in take off speed. So, give it a try and let us know?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Not sure what it is with the stock prop, but its not that good on takeoff. I have used other similar sized pops with the rio and noticed a large increase in take off speed. So, give it a try and let us know?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Tried it out! It seems to take off and get on plane way faster. If I had to guess I'd say it gets on plane in half the distance of the stock prop. I bought a VR3 motor so hopefully I get that this week and I'll swap it out and see if it gets any faster.

The VR3 should make it FLY!
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    The VR3 should make it FLY!
    Really? Its a good swap? Stay on the stock battery? My VR3 should be here sometime in the next couple days I'd think

Get a better battery ...if you use the stock one solder thicker wires on it .
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

When you say solder thicker wire - do you mean from inside the battery or from the outside? What gauge? Any pics?

Yes rewire the battery pack.... the stock wire is so thin a guy had his melt and short out.... 20 gauge should be good.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM