Thread: GPS in CF hull mounting tips

Default GPS in CF hull mounting tips

Well if anyone else is as tired as I am with mounting their GPS on the exterior of their CF hull to ensure an accurate and consistent reading, I may have found the solution. I haven't seen this done before, perhaps I just missed it, but it works very well. Not to mention no more worrying about it getting ripped off at high speeds.

I found that when you need continual access to the GPS for some reason, instead of reinstalling the cover plate, you need only to apply tape over it like you do the hatch.IMG_20131225_173903.jpgIMG_20131226_024355.jpgIMG_20131226_024412.jpgIMG_20131226_044936.jpgIMG_20131226_045000.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]

Cool Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbauer View Post
    I haven't seen this done before,
    Probably because most don't want to cut a huge hole in their hull...
    Came out nice with the trim though...good job. I've thought about doing something similar on my CF SAW boat since it has some battle scars already.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

We'll Rocstar you ain't kidding about the hesitation to cut into the CF hull.... But like yours, this one had survived some serious crashes that left some scars. But after doing it with this boat, I would do it again. It makes it very convenient to use GPS and ensures it's accuracy and reliability. I made the pocket out of Kevlar so the strength was not at all compromised, if anything it was reinforced. All and all for me it was and is a great way to utilize the GPS speed to make those adjustments on the fly by tracking MPH gain or loss after an adjustment........

I have used a heavy duty waterproof bag that barely fits my holux gp sport, works well.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    I have used a heavy duty waterproof bag that barely fits my holux gp sport, works well.
    And done what with it?