Thread: IM31 Took on water not sure what is wrong help???

Default IM31 Took on water not sure what is wrong help???

I was running my IM31V2 yesterday when it flipped even though the hatch was taped down it cam of and cracked and chipped in a few spots. The plastic lid of course sank and the boat took on a lot of water. When I got it out I unhooked the batteries and set it in front of a fan over night once I got home. I'm running the stock RX/TX a Leopard 4082 1600KV and Seaking 180amp ESC with disabled BEC and separate RX pack. this morning I put some batteries in to see if everything would still work and all I get is steady beeps from the ESC and the motor will turn just a bit in on direction then the other back and forth with in tune with the beeps. This is what it does if something is wrong. For example if you don't have a rx batt hooked up or your rx/tx are not bound it's a warning the esc gives off I guess. This happened one time before after taking on water and all I had to do was rebind the RX/TX and everything was fine. The problem is the RX this time is acting just like the last time when I plug in the rx pack it lights up for a split second and the servos moves a tiny bit if I reverse the rx plug the rx light stays on and the servo will go all the way to on direction. The difference this time is that I can't get it to go into bind mode. with out that I can't see if the motor and esc are ok although it would seem they are. the motor is not stuck and the esc does beep and the red light flashes. I'm thinking the RX is bad but really not sure. Anyone run this or similar setup I could use some help. Thanks

I would start with the rx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah that is what I'm thinking funny thing is that was the one part of the three that claims to be water proof. haha

The receiver plugs are not waterproof and can easily corrode. If they are damp they can either not work or short out the receiver.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks I figured out it is the RX either it is fried or I just cant get it to bind for some reason.

Im not sure why I posted the thread on how to waterproof all your electronics if no one does it. Sorry that you fried whatever component(s) you did but you might want to find my thread on this. I've had people say something about if you tape it up then you wont have to worry a bout it. Well I guess you see that's not true now. I've submerged my boat at least 5 times and everything still works perfectly. I've taped the hatch on and still knocked it off so I definately don't rely on that. Also, why don't you have foam on your lid? That will keep it from sinking. I did that after losing the first one.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thanks man I will try and find your post.

Definitely start with Rx like others stated. Steve here sells a potting compound made by 3m. DP 270 to be exact....... Anyways I brush all my Rx's with this first then I take dielectric grease and put on all the Rx wire ends. I also use this stuff on all the electronics in my scale crawlers to make them pretty much 100 % waterproof.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk