Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100 MPH Traxxas Villain?

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    Unfortunately the only way that hull will get anywhere near the speeds this guy wants is in the car on the way to the pond!
    Gotta love it….ROTFLOL

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    I think this guy is just yanking all your chains. Has to be. This is the most entertaining thread on offshore.
    Did I mention I’m building a 150 MPH dual Lehner “Miss Geico”….stay tuned for the build thread
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thomaslambo; 01-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5UgzAMXlDtI

The video nicely reinforces the concept that to build and put all your money into such a fast boat you have to make sacrifices to your clothing budget (see 2:21 in the vid)
    That;s funny stuff.
    Watched the video and doesn't it scream at full noise!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    Dude, get a rtr and leave it alone until you learn this stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i agree!
    and i'm still learn'n this stuff. Oh you guys
    it's funny how i had those thoughts about 2 years ago.
    read read ask and then read agian.

Default Reality Check Part II

While the OP hasn't chimed in for a while and this might just be preaching to the choir, I just rambled through this thread again and it hit me like a ton of bricks that Mr. Heaving Earth's comment : Dude, get a rtr and leave it alone until you learn this stuff" is perhaps the most well-advised overall solution to a large percentage of the foibles created when a massively ambitious project is desired prior to the learning experience provided by simply getting schooled at a lesser level.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for learning the techniques of upgrading for improved performance. That's what this forum is all about but even the very active RtR portions of this forum are 100% about upgrading and chasing the gofaster monster. Never once saw a post which stated that an FE'er liked running his rig as delivered.

It's hard, and fairly frustrating, to impart to overambitious-goal folks what conditions exist once these boats exceed the high 50mph realm and have speeds climb upward. Most RtR hulls can't stay intact, regardless of how they're overpowered or overvolted. Aerobatics are the norm, and equipment gets stressed to the point where reliability severely suffers even at times when the best, high-dollar components are employed.

I wish Mr. Oldude success in working out his customer's desires but while the FE God answers all prayers, sometimes the answer is NO.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

So well put Tony - as usual.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

The only way that boat will go 100 mph, is on the way to the lake, you drive 100 mph.

This thread again.... haha, I have figured out how to make the Villain go 100MPH! Ok, run the boat stock (24MPH) and have the water going at 76MPH! lol1
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    While the OP hasn't chimed in for a while and this might just be preaching to the choir, I just rambled through this thread again and it hit me like a ton of bricks that Mr. Heaving Earth's comment : Dude, get a rtr and leave it alone until you learn this stuff" is perhaps the most well-advised overall solution to a large percentage of the foibles created when a massively ambitious project is desired prior to the learning experience provided by simply getting schooled at a lesser level.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for learning the techniques of upgrading for improved performance. That's what this forum is all about but even the very active RtR portions of this forum are 100% about upgrading and chasing the gofaster monster. Never once saw a post which stated that an FE'er liked running his rig as delivered.

It's hard, and fairly frustrating, to impart to overambitious-goal folks what conditions exist once these boats exceed the high 50mph realm and have speeds climb upward. Most RtR hulls can't stay intact, regardless of how they're overpowered or overvolted. Aerobatics are the norm, and equipment gets stressed to the point where reliability severely suffers even at times when the best, high-dollar components are employed.

I wish Mr. Oldude success in working out his customer's desires but while the FE God answers all prayers, sometimes the answer is NO.
    i remember reading this some years ago and stumbled upon it again (I love this forum!) This should be a sticky.
    My Spartan stayed stock for a long time until about a month ago, and the Stiletto after a buoy hit went through quite a transformation all in the name of fun. this is one of the greatest threads HA! mini rio for the pool (had a Kyosho "V" back in the late eighties using my Makita cordless drill batteries for more omph!) then the Stiletto and another thirteen boats later. it's been too fun and sometimes it's hard to leave things alone and not just for speed but lil' projects to add better water proofing, lights, winches, auto- pilot is next, then just your every day maintenance. endless know how here from the very best in the World and I Truly Thank them. "This lil' part is going to do WHAT? !" Zoooooooooooooooom!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12