Thread: # of Batteries Required

Default # of Batteries Required

I have a Neu 1515 1Y Motor and a Hydra 240 ESC...the ESC has only one lead for a single battery attachment.

I have 2ea 14.8v/5000aMH batteries...do I only need one or do I need two batteries to operate this combo? (in parallel )

My plan is to run this combo in a P Sport Hydro (NAMBA class) but I am not too sure with the quantity of batteries to use.

Any advice would be helpful,

Thanks,
    Gordon

Parallel if you can fit them.

And use Y adaptors so 2 positives and 2 negatives from the batteries go in to the ESC's stock wire set up.

Thanks, were I can get the Y adapters? I see Deans on this site but I have the bullet type (round) connectors coming on the ESC and Batteries.

Gordon,
    Do you know what size ( 5.5mm bullets?) and config. ( on your ESC, is the positive a male bullet and the negative a female bullet?). If so Kintec sells these , but you will have to make you own or ask someone here to make a pair for you if your ESC is fitted other than what I have mentioned. There is no "standard" way of doing this and therefore there are variations on this.
    Here is the link to the Kintec site: http://kintecracing.com/Connectors___Adapters.html (fourth item down the page)
    Cheers!

Also that Hydra 240 ESC is a good ESC but for what you're doing it is overkill and heavy, you could get away with something in the 160 to 180 amp range

I have run the 1515 1Y in both a mono and OB tunnel on 4S and use about 3500-4200 ma's per heat. Your 5000's in parallel will give you 10000ma's which you may not need. A 4S 5000ma battery weighs around 20oz. Double that and your carrying over 3lbs of power. I like 2-2S 6000ma cells in series (4S) and save maybe a pound. Comes in after a heat with 25% or more left. As for your 240 esc it is perfect as a 1515 can spike well over 200amps. Going to a smaller ESC might save 2-3 oz. and take away some head room you need. Never can have too much ESC.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414