Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFL Ariane CF and FG hulls

Default TFL Ariane CF and FG hulls

These are pics of the TFL Ariane 36.3" Mono in Carbon Fiber and Fiberglass for any of you who are thinking about buying one. After getting some run time on mine and getting it dialed in it's turning out to be a really nice running boat.分解图.jpg参数图.jpg右侧.jpg外形.jpg左侧.jpg
    Last edited by flraptor07; 12-23-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Last edited by flraptor07; 12-19-2013 at 08:31 PM.

I'm glad to say that the one I ordered a few weeks ago was posted on the twelfth. I don't think it will be here before Christmas though.
    I've always loved the look of this one.

Thanks Monica.

I have one comming too. Monica says it shipped last week.
    Cant wait!
    Ordered a Neu 1527 1.5D from OSE.

Thank you Monica!
    Doug

What was the price of the CF version?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    What was the price of the CF version?
    Ray, I paid $547.00 incl. shipping and customs fees but it was a custom order.

WooHoo!! mine arrived yesterday (Christmas Eve).

I will be running it on 6s, but I set it up last night with a TFL 4092 2100kv motor for 4s running. Just for a bit of fun over the holidays.

Thanks Monica. It did make it for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    WooHoo!! mine arrived yesterday (Christmas Eve).

I will be running it on 6s, but I set it up last night with a TFL 4092 2100kv motor for 4s running. Just for a bit of fun over the holidays.

Thanks Monica. It did make it for Christmas.
    That's great!! You're gonna really like this boat! The only thing that you will need to do is put bigger turn fins on it if you're going to race it on a oval course.

Thanks.
    That was one of my first thoughts when I unpacked it. Our race lake gets pretty windy & choppy, so that will happen when we go testing on 6s up there in the new year.

Hello 785. Does your boat have the TFL hardware (two part flex shaft, teflon insert etc?) and if so, do you think it will withstand 6S? On 6S, what motor are you planning to use?

Quote Originally Posted by kenrid View Post
    Hello 785. Does your boat have the TFL hardware (two part flex shaft, teflon insert etc?) and if so, do you think it will withstand 6S? On 6S, what motor are you planning to use?
    Mine has the 3/16 two piece shaft and I'm running 6s, so far so good. Just lube it after every time out and you shouldn't have any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kenrid View Post
    Kendrid.
    No. Mine came with the welded shaft. You just have to specify that with your order with TFL.
    I had discussions with May at TFL some months ago pointing out that most people would prefer welded shafts in all their boats. Stressing the point that the greasing of the shaft is easier & didn't upset the fine adjustments of struts & stingers. Their managers response was , understandably, that a broken shaft or weld would result in a lost prop. That's why they developed the two part system some years ago. But, within a week or so I had an Email back from May at TFL, stating that they would now offer the welded shafts. Magic. The ones I've received in boats so far have been straight & true & of good quality.

I don't know if the two part ones will take the stress of a 6s setup. Never tried it, so I can't comment accurately on that. But 'flraptor07' has it working for him. I'm sure he will let us know if it fails.

The motor I will be trying on 6s is the one that I raced in the 41" Osprey this year. A TP Power 4092 1350kv,
    http://shop.rcboatbitz.com.au/index....oducts_id=1348

Cheers.
    Paul.

Flraptor07.
    You were right. I do love it.
    The first run was very wet I had to get the battery right back to the motor where the ESC should be & it was still nose heavy. But with a bit of positive strut adjustment & raising the tabs & turn fins it lifted the nose & got some air under it. I don't know what the weight of a 6s pack will do. We'll see in the new year.
    My hull does have a slight hook in the last 6" or so of the hull but at least it's even on both sides. Does anyone else have the same?
    I found it to be extremely stable in the turns at full noise, on our tight little track at Boondall. Should be great on our race track at Lakeside Raceway.

So here's a couple of pics & A video of the latest addition to the Wet Track Racing fleet on its third run yesterday.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 785boats; 12-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the video Paul !
    I have seen these several months ago at Hobbyking and thought it could be a cool hull to replace my DF33
    http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...or_930mm_.html
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Watch out for the duck!

Looks good Paul! As far as the hook goes I have the Carbon Fiber version and there is no hook at all in it. They doo these things production and probably have more than one mold or maybe it got pulled to soon.

Hey Todd.
    A good choice but at 36" it really needs 6s. I've just built up a 33" Cyberstorm for 4s racing next year & this one might replace the 41" Osprey for 6s if it handles the wind & the chop well enough.

Doby.
    I can assure you, no ducks were harmed in the making of this film. That first pass, I was just trying to scare it off the track. But they are so used to us that it just slowly swam to the bank.

flraptor
    I figured that it was pulled from the mold too soon. It's not too bad really, & the nose still stays up in the turns so it's not worth filling like I've had to do with some boats.

Mine arrived christmas eve also. I have the cf version, all looks straight and true.

I did notice the rudder has the water hole on the wrong side. It will not get any water turning right. Hole is on the inboard side of the rudder, how is yours?

Does anyone make a rudder that will fit the TFL hardware?

Thanks Monica for super fast shipping.

thanks,
    varooom

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Looks good Paul! As far as the hook goes I have the Carbon Fiber version and there is no hook at all in it. They doo these things production and probably have more than one mold or maybe it got pulled to soon.
    Did you run yours yet?
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Did you run yours yet?
    Yup Mike I sure did, I got a vid of the first time out with a little motor in it cause I got a bad 4092 right out of the box so I stuck a Tacon 4074 2200kv in it just to run it I had a little issue with the buoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQKBk...ature=youtu.be

anyone have a bare weight on the hull alone?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

what does a fg version cost anyway I like em with the stern hardware id put in the rest ...
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    what does a fg version cost anyway I like em with the stern hardware id put in the rest ...
    Not sure on the FG one Ron, Give Monica a shout at kwl@tflhobby.com tell her what you want and she'll get you a price also NAMBA members get a discount and tell her you're from the forum

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Yup Mike I sure did, I got a vid of the first time out with a little motor in it cause I got a bad 4092 right out of the box so I stuck a Tacon 4074 2200kv in it just to run it I had a little issue with the buoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQKBk...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks nice save LOL I was wondering how it ran with the flat bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Thanks nice save LOL I was wondering how it ran with the flat bottom.
    I think overall it ran really nice, I've had it out since with a Neu 1521 1.5D 1860kv and it ran much better. Now I've put some bigger turn fins on it and I have a Neu 1527 1Y 1250kv coming for it, so it should be right where it needs to be next time out.

Congrats man enjoy really sounds good.

Dear Paul,

You are absolutely welcome in TFL! You gave us a lot helpful suggestion for spare parts. Here is appreciation for you!

I am glad that you got your Christmas present in your hands in time!

Monica Smith
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

Dear Doug,

You are welcome! I just done what a sales should do for her customers! I just thought if your Ariane could be caught the time to reach your home, maybe will give you a surprise and you will have a wonderful Christmas present this year!

I am glad that your Ariane did it.

Monica Smith
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing Ariane with us!

Monica Smith

Yeah, nice one flraptor.... 9.5 points for execution & 10 points for style.

Varoom.
    The pickup on the rudder works fine in the corners. I know that intuition says it shouldn't but it does. There are many rudders with the pickup on that side. I have them on other boats too. Some even have one on each side at the same point.

Todd.
    If you are thinking of getting one go direct to Monica either here at OSE or at TFL. That way you can custom order it with what you want.
    I simply ordered mine without the motor or ESC or prop. But with all the hardware & a welded 3/16 shaft. Then ordered a couple of motors & jackets for other projects & they were packed in with the hull.

Monica.
    Thanks for those kind words & thanks for the Christmas present.

Cheers
    Paul.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast