Thread: TFL Hobbies "Arrow" Rigger

Default TFL Hobbies "Arrow" Rigger

I don't have one (yet ), but it looks cool. Its not on TFL's web page yet, but Monica told me it can now be ordered directly from TFL.

Check it out:
    Attached Images Attached Images

And another one:

Any idea of the price?
    looks a bit like an etti Demon
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

It looks good to me but if the quoted 500g hull weight is really for the hull then it is far too heavy to be competitive except in the roughest water, and the sponsons look to be to wide to be a great rough water boat. Hopefully it is 500g as it comes, but with just 280g for LiPo, 20g RX, 10g safety loop and 30g servo to be added a 840g RTR Hydro1 from china seems to be too good to be true as the lightest custom Hydro1 riggers are about that.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I was thinking the same Paul 500g??
    We will have to see if any more info comes back.
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

Sam Alan @ astec has one of these riggers in stock at £294 + shipping.

More pics form Monica

And more

Just noticed the pics are small, I'm doing this on my phone while in my hotel room in BC.....When I get home in a few days, I'll load them up again......now off to the slopes with my snowboard!!!!

Any word on what the 500g weight refers to?

I have ordered one direct from Monica...factory is busy...production date = 13 March, plus shipping to West Australia. I should have info re all up weight towards the end on March.

Kit arrived a couple of days ago...excellent service - many thanks Monica. Quality of finish on hull and fittings is also excellent. Hull with RX ,servo and ESC weighs in at 918g. I plan on running (for sport) Turnigy A-Spec Nano-tech 3S 4500mah ( claimed 65 - 130C. All up weight is 1.2kg. I hope to test run tomorrow along with a new 27 inch shovel nose hydro built up from a hull offered by Promise Hobby.
    see http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27-shovel...item20aebaf166
    FE30, Kintec Pursuit, Revolt 30, ML GP400 V2, Blackjack 29 (RIP), HK Outer Limits

Thanks for the weight info, it sounds like the 500g is for the bare hull, a little porky for a Hydro1, but a 1.2kg all up weight is not hideous.

Don't try to run those cells at 65C, they are suspiciously similar in form and performance to ETTI and VB 20C 4500s. They are amongst the best Naviga race cells, but we are only drawing 10-12C, and need maximum voltage and capacity from a battery weighing 280g or under. For sport running I would pick something a bit heavier for the same capacity or the same weight with a little less capacity, which should net you more rugged cells that will perform better and last longer. Capacity, Weight, C rate, pick any two. These are lighter than the 3s 65c 3200mAh cells in the same Aspec range, OK they have short leads and no PCB but that accounts for 20g at the most, and the 3s 65C 4250mAh Aspecs are a whopping 70g heavier despite the lower capacity. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 03-29-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenrid View Post
    Kit arrived a couple of days ago...excellent service - many thanks Monica. Quality of finish on hull and fittings is also excellent. Hull with RX ,servo and ESC weighs in at 918g. I plan on running (for sport) Turnigy A-Spec Nano-tech 3S 4500mah ( claimed 65 - 130C. All up weight is 1.2kg. I hope to test run tomorrow along with a new 27 inch shovel nose hydro built up from a hull offered by Promise Hobby.
    see http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27-shovel...item20aebaf166

Hi Ken, glad to hear that you are satisfied at Arrow Outrigger! Thank you for your greatly support! And also thank you for your compliment! You flatter me! I just had done what a sales should do for her customers!
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

ken that 27 inch hydro is a great runner if the balance is right it will really scoot....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

The Arrow rigger has its inaugural sail yesterday in near perfect autumn conditions (Southern Hemisphere), no wind about 27C (80F). Stability and speed were good, turns very sharp, have adjusted rudder throw. Turnigy lipo just fits side on and is a tight squeeze. I may try smaller lipos. Ran for about 4 minutes. This kit is a lot of fun and is highly recommended. No photos or speed test yet.

Ron, the 27inch hydro was very impressive, also lots of fun, maybe I will start a new thread as it shows great potential for such an economical package.
    FE30, Kintec Pursuit, Revolt 30, ML GP400 V2, Blackjack 29 (RIP), HK Outer Limits

Quote Originally Posted by kenrid View Post
    The Arrow rigger has its inaugural sail yesterday in near perfect autumn conditions (Southern Hemisphere), no wind about 27C (80F). Stability and speed were good, turns very sharp, have adjusted rudder throw. Turnigy lipo just fits side on and is a tight squeeze. I may try smaller lipos. Ran for about 4 minutes. This kit is a lot of fun and is highly recommended. No photos or speed test yet.

Ron, the 27inch hydro was very impressive, also lots of fun, maybe I will start a new thread as it shows great potential for such an economical package.
    Hello Ken,

Thank you for sharing your boating! I think people will like to share with your Arrow racing!

Monica
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!