Thread: More esc's from China for boats

Default More esc's from China for boats

I have only read as much as is posted here in their web site.

Two different product lines; Shark & Seal, whatever...

ESC'S

If someone has tried them can you post your results here?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Good find there Ray, shark and seal LOL.
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

You never know they may be excellent ESCs, I'd be willing to give one a shot if they're not too expensive. I didn't see any pricing on the web site.

I think they are looking for distributors
    Nortavlag Bulc

way nice lookn' cases, just to think escs' for boats are gettn' better.
    no specific info on their program card.
    the Mantis esc for Heli's looks like marijuana leaves or are they Japanese maple leaves?
    Last edited by Wetter; 12-21-2013 at 08:20 PM.

So much junk out there and lets face it we are tough on ESC's LOL

I think I'll just stick with Steve since he is going to be able to service what he sells.
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...del-Exhibition
    See Post #1
    I was THIS CLOSE to these ESC in August during my visit , I asked the rep and he said these are new products, I also thought the casings are nice. But who knows? I will stick with brands I have been using for now.
    +1 on buying from Steve, I would not do it any other way. Life is too short, if I get something w/o headaches, I will stick to that routine, even if it costs a few dollars more. OSE 's prices are very reasonable anyway.

Thanks Ray
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Those all look like the 'other' Swordfish brand that I have seen around in a different colour.

Good reading 4 sure!
    Thanks

Nortavlag Bulc

Great link, Ray. I read the whole thing and it confirmed what I pretty much suspected/knew all along.

I don't believe that it's inaccurate to generalize that the multitude of separately branded consumer and industrial products we see everywhere at large are made by far less OEM's than we'd suspect. I have plenty of background to support this - some I'll disclose (and I'll leave out ESC's - read the link for more about them).

Not long ago I jumped on a lowball deal on a Dual 400W x 400W charger. I downloaded the pdf. manual and found it to be the exact manual for two other, differently branded (but identical looking except for the faceplate graphics) chargers that sold for WAY more.

From 1990 to 2000 I was the West Coast Technical Training Director for a multi-billion dollar "manufacturer" of consumer, cellular and automotive electronics. While generally known and represented as a "manufacturer", they made absolutely NOTHING but simply bought from OEM's and branded these products as their own. Ironically one of their major competitors in the automotive security marketplace obtained the exact same devices from the same OEM in Taiwan. Both companies, btw, are easily recognizeable household names.

From 1972 to 1980 I was in the retail consumer electronics (stereo/hi-fi) business. During a visit to Japan, I picked up a business-to-business copy of the Journal of the Electronics Industry ( JEI). Flipping through it, as naive as I was then, I was blown away. Full page ads, from manufacturers whose names I couldn't pronounce and never heard of were most of the products that I was intimately familiar with that were subsequently branded with names we all know including my Sony TV which apparently was manufactured by the (unpronounceable name) company.

I have no conclusion to draw here, just sayin'. I do, however believe in supporting those that support us, as finances allow. But it IS interesting to discover what we find as we peel away the layers of the onion
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

what the heck do onions have to do with it? my my this is about electronics not a vegetable garden?
    you must be related to Shrek
    On a serious note, Samsung makes Sony tv screens, and after market vehicle parts are always re-branded,
    look at wine, put an unusual label on it, it will sell, put a celebrity name on something it really sells.
    thanx for the link of that show tlandauer, nice products.

Default HK 200amp HV esc

So I keep reading on HobbyKing's comment section for a success story regarding this esc, so far none.

What I have noticed today is that they released a USB interface for the "Turnigy Aquastar" Series ESC's.

I can only guess that they are for the new 200A HV esc's ??

I posted my thoughts of this on both the page for the 200A HV esc and the HEXTRONIC USB LINK !! Yes, Hextronic!!!

I made the assumption in my comments that these new "aquastars" are Hextronic manufactured and then Hobby Kings web site went down...??? Was it just an anomaly or did they block me out right after I made comments? Who knows but it's kinda fishy.

I went to Hextronic's website and they make no bones about it that they make a great deal of stuff for Hobby King but, do not specify what exactly. I'm guessing but, basically anything that is marked HXT is made through Hextronic.

Well, once HK's web site is back up we shall see if my comments survived, lol... all fun I suppose...

later.
    Nortavlag Bulc

how could i go wrong ? ($130)what were the chances this product was not going to be what was for sell? several months
    later they sent me the Program Box Aquastar for the EP500/ EP800 at no charge.
    right after my initial order, customers on their site were posting the product was not working properly, so every one was being reassured that HK would make things right, i purchased the SeaKing 180 just in case, never even looked at the AquaStar again,
    i'll deal with it later.
    Hk does not like no negative activity on their site, they deleted all kinds of other people and my own complaints and as far as i know nobody was being disrespectful just stating facts about the product, they stopped selling it for awhile. i just will not
    purchase from them for awhile i can not say never cause they do have nice deals.

All of those written above are great findings.

Personally i just want a HW seaking 250A Lv-Hv

I just bought 2 Turnigy Aquastar 200A Watercooled Sensorless ESC's
    I'll post what I find.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

I feel sorry for you. I could have taken your money just as easily as Hobby King and you would receive probably more. Have you not read the comments and reviews? It is pretty much useless for 4 pole motors. YOu have a bunch of software and/or firmware upgrades to do as soon as you buy it and programming is by Computer mainly as the program box does not address every function.

Sorry man but, you really need to read before you buy stuff like this or SMC or whatever batteries you also bought.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I'm going to ask for a refund.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Got my refund! I think I'll wait for the Swordfish Pro 200 amp - 8s lipo ESC to come back in stock!!!
    Last edited by twissted; 04-27-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Have no idea PayPal dispute works so fast...

ive heard bad things about aquastar esc's I use turnegy's for a few years but no aquastars
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Better off and they will be in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    Got my refund! I think I'll wait for the Swordfish Pro 200 amp - 8s lipo ESC to come back in stock!!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

I haven't received the money yet just the conformation that the order is canceled and that the money will be refunded.
    Here is the email.
    Jeremicah B., Apr 28 06:58:
    Hi Jack,
    Thank you for closing the dispute. Please be informed that your order 2009138307 has been cancelled and a refund was processed for your payment amounting to $284.91 which you will receive within 7 working days. If you didn't receive it by then, kindly contact PayPal as they will finalize the refund for you.
    If you have other concerns, please let us know. Have a great day!
    Regards,
    Jeremicah B.
    HobbyKing Support Team

Jack, Apr 28 06:57:
    I see that the order is canceled. But no refund to paypal. I was hoping that you would hold up your end.