Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Oxidean's Drag Boat Project

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Bill, You just might be able to keep up with my 8,000 RPM, 280hp offshore Mercury on my 950lb Allison, LOL

Looking forward to the 2014 racing season. I want to see if you can catch up to my new Carbon Fiber Raptor!!!

Allen Cordy

I wouldn't even race that thing. I'd blow up a motor trying to keep up with that thing. Those tournament bass boats are NO JOKE. they move and the motor can do it ALL night long..

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    what boat?!?!
    hot damn…. bill, this looks like fun to me

I must say it IS a lotta fun big daddy : )

in a quarter mile u would kill most bass boats as they take a mile or so to get up to full speed....now a drag outboard is different of course...your boat will be on plane and u will fill the g force pull all the way to top speed...its a rush...wish I had a motor like that a few years ago lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Ya know what Ron I think youre right nothing compares to the accelleration of a jet. Every time a bass boat blew by me he was already pegged and came up from behind outta nowhere. I beat an outboard tunnel one of those STR's or something like that. Either way if my boat can pull on a tunnel, it moves. The thing rides like a dream! Zero porpoise at WOT or ever for that matter. No chine walk, and race starts the bpw rises, then sets down on plane, No hop, maybe ONE bounce, then its stable city. It WILL hook on you though if you turn too sharp and gun it..

Bill, Check out the Allison world records below. Keep in mind that we are running 153 cubic inch motors. This equals 2 of your pistons. I've been going to boat drags all my life. I love the monster motors you guys run. You guys are crazy strapping those things to your back. I love the flight of my 100mph Allison. It rides on an 11 inch wide pad. We run the prop shaft even with the bottom of the boat. As far as acceleration goes, these boats are wide open at the 1/8 mile at 110 mph plus. True rockets. I went for a ride a couple years ago in an Allison drag boat. 153 cubic inch, 10,000 rpm 300 horse drag Merc. Same hull as mine but with the race deck and 500 pounds. It was crazy fast and turned 10 grand and over 100 instantly. Are far as the Bass boats go, the Rangers, Skeeters etc, they are all sleds. Much better fishing boats but no comparison to my 280 Allison. I go by every boat in the industry like they are Parked.
    Bill, we are just a bunch of motorheads!!! Now I'm addicted to the RC. Thanks for all your help at the races. thanks for helping the newbies like me.

Allen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kacordy; 12-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Nothing against Bill but this thread is in the wrong place ... why hasn't it been moved yet?
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Bill, Check out the Allison world records below. Keep in mind that we are running 153 cubic inch motors. This equals 2 of your pistons. I've been going to boat drags all my life. I love the monster motors you guys run. You guys are crazy strapping those things to your back. I love the flight of my 100mph Allison. It rides on an 11 inch wide pad. We run the prop shaft even with the bottom of the boat. As far as acceleration goes, these boats are wide open at the 1/8 mile at 110 mph plus. True rockets. I went for a ride a couple years ago in an Allison drag boat. 153 cubic inch, 10,000 rpm 300 horse drag Merc. Same hull as mine but with the race deck and 500 pounds. It was crazy fast and turned 10 grand and over 100 instantly. Are far as the Bass boats go, the Rangers, Skeeters etc, they are all sleds. Much better fishing boats but no comparison to my 280 Allison. I go by every boat in the industry like they are Parked.
    Bill, we are just a bunch of motorheads!!! Now I'm addicted to the RC. Thanks for all your help at the races. thanks for helping the newbies like me.

Allen
    Great info Allen! As far as helping you guys at races, No Prob! Sponsored or not I enjoy providing helpful info. Fascinating that 150ci outboard can zap out on a 454ci inboard. Something about an outboard sustaining its own weight.

I really eppreciate info on full scale boat records. They fascinate me : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12