Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MMEU Night at Larry's 12-17-13

Cool can't wait to see it rip on the track did you get some tires for it ?

2wd or 4wd for tuesday night? trucks and buggy's have to be 1/10 scale? looks like larry's getting more business.

Quote Originally Posted by teetriple View Post
    Cool can't wait to see it rip on the track did you get some tires for it ?
    No I didn't. I bought tires for the Losi that's in the mail though.
    Noisy person

Are you all running the stock set ups?

Quote Originally Posted by sport 40 II View Post
    Are you all running the stock set ups?
    I don't know what others are running. I just want stick time. Our Slash belongs to my son. Those are so awful that he loses interest quick. Hence the mods.

Got me to thinking. Everyone said "get a slash, it will improve your driving".......................really? That's like saying that to get better at driving F1 I should practice with a rusty 1972 Volkswagen POS. Apples and cinder blocks.

Larry's has actual races with classes and evra thang on most Tuesdays.

Anybody know if a set of custom works would fit stock slash rims?
    Noisy person

The custom works that Larry sells are only for 2wd buggy, as far as I know.

I suppose I could check. I have a set of custom works at the house. I'll check the dims.
    Noisy person

The custom works won't fit the slash wheels they will fit the buggy wheels try bar codes for the slash made by jconcepts

The custom works won't fit the slash wheels they will fit the buggy wheels try bar codes for the slash made by jconcepts
    $$$$ Cha-Ching $$$$ LOL

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Slash complete converted and repaired.......................................... ..yay
    I thought you were going boat racing in Feb?

Later,
    Mike

Just curious what motor are you allowed to run in the buggy class?

Later,
    Mike

Phoenix. Spoata be. Rooms booked. Air fare's paid for. Having a good job and owning a zero overhead small business at the same time has it's perks.

I have a bunch of boats to build too but I don't have the danged things in hand yet. Starting to get a little nervous.

The bottom on the new cat is finally getting close. So many pieces to cut to fit. Takes for everrrrrrrrrrrr. Joining all those compound curves at the nose of the sponsons is a PITA! I finally resorted to using a snake from the 80's I used to use on the board to get the curves close.

Are you getting a buggy too Mike? I'll probably pick up a Castle combo or something. I think my Basic 5000XL will rattle everything to pieces. If I got their 1410/1y I could use it for N2 offshore at the NATS too.
    Noisy person

Are you getting a buggy too Mike?
    I am having an internal fight with myself. I am trying to convince the inner beast, that I don't have the time or the extra money to start this venture! So far it's a draw....

HAHA I totally get that. It's like that for me but the debate is more of a "what for?!?!" kind of thing. Like I need another THING to be doing. Stupid really.

I was just looking on Amain at Tekin 17.5 motor combos. Looks like there is a "club spec" option where the timing isn't adjustable and then for an additional $30 the timing is adjustable. Difference? Like I would know. That combo of course costs more than the buggy.

What a racket this RC hobby is. Larry should start giving away buggies like a drug pusher. First one's free! Oh broke and A-arm did ya? Those are $1300 per side.
    Noisy person

To add to your struggle.......it is cool to see all the guys in the winter too. They're all pretty good peeps. I don't think we have any DB's in our gang.

I also enjoy watching guys that really can drive do their thing. Having a toy myself gives me an excuse to do that.
    Noisy person

Terry is using his snake to build his boat? ??!!

For stock buggy (the most popular class), they run 17.5's. You'll likely get the doors blown off you if you don't have endbell timing and 'boost' on your esc though. Both are allowed.

Mike - you NEED a buggy!

YES Mike you need a buggy

Yeah Pete. Its tough to draw a curve with an anaconda but with the right persuasion..........
    Noisy person

count me out!

Noisy person

The castle system will work fine but the motor I don't will be legal for 17.5 class but I don't think anybody will complain

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-js5.html This would be a better setup and I know a couple guys that have used them and they said they had good results it will be smoother cause it is a sensored setup

count me back in! late gift from the best wife a man could have!!!! she made me wait,but got me a buggy. also had me order everything for my ss400(Q) on x-mas day. batteries are next for it.

Anyone know if Larry's is open today?

Later,
    Mike

closed on all major holidays-per phone call

Quote Originally Posted by bozo586 View Post
    closed on all major holidays-per phone call
    Happy New Year John! Thanks for posting, I called this morning too and got the same message. It's probably a good thing, since I was walk in and buy a buggy!!!! LOL. Now I have more time to talk some sense into myself.

Later,
    Ball

Any of you sissies working on boats? I was laying glass today and coated hull innards last night. bahaha I need therapy.

Mike, I picked up my buggy from A main. Got the 22 1.0 instead of the 2.0. Was only $179.99. Thy're out now of course.
    Noisy person

Any of you sissies working on boats? I was laying glass today and coated hull innards last night. bahaha I need therapy.
    I was REALLY sick the entire week of Christmas WHILE at the inlaws... uhg horrible. I was really lazy this week, basically hung with the wife this week.

Mike, I picked up my buggy from A main. Got the 22 1.0 instead of the 2.0. Was only $179.99. Thy're out now of course.
    Cool... I have been looking around but that Losi kit is a $300 kit, and most used ones are still pretty steep. We'll see....

Larry's might have 22 1.0 in stock if he has one I am sure he would meet or beat A main's price B4 .2 price is down now there is a B5 coming out

mike-hobby people- sc10b race speck-$299-reg 499-today only with free shipping

Larry's might have 22 1.0 in stock if he has one I am sure he would meet or beat A main's price B4 .2 price is down now there is a B5 coming out
    Hey T, are you running a Losi 22 buggy? If so, are you running in the mid motor or rear motor?

Later,
    Ball

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast