Thread: 19.5 inch SKI VEE Foamboard and 9oz Twill, Would like motor suggestions please

Default 19.5 inch SKI VEE Foamboard and 9oz Twill, Would like motor suggestions please

Well I downloaded the drawings @ http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1507778

and I built one first like they did in that thread and its ok it still runs, I put a 2838 2800Kv in it and its running a 35mm prop on a 3s 2200Mah 20c Turnigy .

So I decided to go round 2 or... and I cut out and glued dollar store foam board with balsa stringers and a balsa keel and I glassed it with 2 layers of 9oz. twill on the bottom and inside where the motor and stuff goes. The transom is a composite aluminum interlocked with three layers of the 9oz. cloth. I glued the aluminum on first and then laid the first layer of cloth on the bottom and then 1 on top and then another on the bottom so its tied into the hull pretty good I don't think the back of the boat is coming off from twerkin of jerkin lol !!!

I'm not sure what to put in this boat? Its getting a bit heavy 331 grams and I need to lay a strip of cloth around the hatch opening and that's all the fiberglass work. The first one is 1 3/4 pounds running on the water. I need a beasty motor, maybe
    Hobbyking?
    2848SL 3900kv Brushless Inrunner (WaterCooled)
    Kv: 3900rpm/v
    Diameter: 31mm
    Length: 60mm
    Shaft diameter: 3.17mm
    Weight: 153g
    Battery: 2-3S 3,000mAh+

If this foamie experiment works out, I'm wanting to try an Atlas Hydro Maybe 32" What the heck I really enjoy the build versus buy a hull and resin and glass cloth is cheap. I don't think it will sink...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by high-tech; 12-03-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Nice job on her