Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ** hpr 233 / radtekpowerboats 92 " cat build **

Absolutely beautiful boat and build. Given everything that went in it it turned out to be the cleanest boat interior anywhere! The planning and attention to detail are evident everywhere. When are you going to show the messy and not so perfect part of the build? You make it look so easy and not even the smallest complaint! There must have been a point where things werent going so well..... Just so we know your not perfect! Only kidding, kinda

Sick boat man

Awesome, congrats!
    Catching Air!

Ryan, I'm kinda late here, awesome boat and perfect building job you got there, smart clean job I love it, congrad

Really nice work! Beautiful job.

Very glad to see another big rig running around, makes the world a little nicer.

Xcesive8, I have a question..please help me with this..
    How does Neu 2230 compare to Lehner 3080...do you know kiloWats maybe??
    How long are your run times with that battery setup?
    Have you considered going 2P...paralel wiring or another set of same batteries ...because there is a lot of space in that big hull to fit batts in?
    Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful boat and build. Given everything that went in it it turned out to be the cleanest boat interior anywhere! The planning and attention to detail are evident everywhere. When are you going to show the messy and not so perfect part of the build? You make it look so easy and not even the smallest complaint! There must have been a point where things werent going so well..... Just so we know your not perfect! Only kidding, kinda
    Hey Fella, thank you so much for the nice comments thats very kind of you
    I love the clean look to, i was inspired by Kevinlew211 who commented below.
    I purchased a beautiful HPR 135 years ago off him, and it was much the same. Bare tunnel showcasing the carbon down the centre etc.
    There was some things that i havnt even mentioned like trying to put the front bulk head in and glassing that all in where your hands barely reach etc haha it was not fun.
    I also made little half cirlce cradles out of carbon with my dremmel that the rear of the motors sit in to add support. So yeah when i get time ill have to go and take more shots of all the little things that took alot of time and didnt get a mention lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nemz305 View Post
    Sick boat man
    Cheers bud

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Awesome, congrats!
    Cheers also

Quote Originally Posted by kevinlew211 View Post
    Ryan, I'm kinda late here, awesome boat and perfect building job you got there, smart clean job I love it, congrad
    Kevin!!!!!!! mate i havnt spoken to you in a long time! I hope your well , and life is good.
    Ill have to email you in the next few days to catch up. Thanks for the comments, especially coming from you. You build awesome boats!

Quote Originally Posted by graill View Post
    Really nice work! Beautiful job.

Very glad to see another big rig running around, makes the world a little nicer.
    Thanks Grail, means alot coming from you.
    Appreciate all those very informative emails you sent.
    It s really good to see you guys in the know are there to help others here on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamadori View Post
    Xcesive8, I have a question..please help me with this..
    How does Neu 2230 compare to Lehner 3080...do you know kiloWats maybe??
    How long are your run times with that battery setup?
    Have you considered going 2P...paralel wiring or another set of same batteries ...because there is a lot of space in that big hull to fit batts in?
    Thnx
    Hi Yamadori, Id love to help. But sadly ive ony just researched into the equipment i have.
    Id be lieing if i said i know anything about Lehners other than apprently there awesome!
    Radek did say to me he runs the 3080's in his own 92" and his boats not quite as fast as his mates with 2230's. BUT, that would def be just the wind he has.
    Bcos i have herd others like Punisher67 on this forum say his Lehners have it over his 2230's.
    Maybe contact him and ask the question.
    As for run time i dont know?, i only run it once so far. Waiting for smaller props as it scared the hell out me with x465's.
    Only bcos i dont wana flip a boat this big going that fast $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cheers Ryan

Ryan, if you were scared with your prop setup in such a huuuuge hull, what will happen with my boat...cause it's smaller than yours (1850) and they (MHZ) proposed 6518 propshop...and I have them...and if I know how to read correctly your prop configuration...my props are even more aggressive...in a smaller hull...that will be deadly ...ups

Regards

Sebastijan

Ryan...do you have 3 blade or 2 blade props?
    My are 3 blade 6518.
    Maybe someone with more prop expertise can explain the difference better...please people...do.

Tyler? Please?

Regards

Sebastijan

Haha.. Yeah well, I'm not scared to go fast , just scared to flip it right now. As I only just finished it, makes more sense to go easy. . Believe it or not, the size difference between mine and yours really dosnt carry over like you think it would. If both boats are setup well and they're riding on that last bit of transom. Not a lot in it.
    Where it gets nasty is my boat weights with packs ready to run around 30 something kg, I don't know what a 1850 weights finished but think it would be a considerable amount less. So when mine hits the water on a bad angle at 90 mph it's going to be a lot worse than when yours does. My props are Octura x465 so 1.4 pitch and 65mm in diameter.
    Yours being 65 in D and 1.8 pitch. Mine are 2 bladers and the reason for my choosing of props was because a very well known German boater Achim K who holds or held quite a few records recommended these to me.
    I've never claimed to be in the know when it comes to all this setup etc, but I do know who to ask for opinions that are a lot more wiser than myself :) Pm me for any questions you like, I could put you onto the right people if you like
    Ryan

Sebastian, you can get quite some performance with just a set of 457's I would definetly run those to start with. Next would be 65's to 60 maybe or even 70 to 60. All those can give you very high performance in the 1850. As for the lehner vs nue it's mainly choice, both are top motors and have many of the same features. Lehner are 2 pole so you can benefit from some of the features of that. May slightly improve on the efficiency.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

And what about three blade vs two? I know that three blades produce more drag in the water than two blades...do they pull out more amps? How do they influence speed if everything else stays the same...batt..voltage...motors?

Sebastijan

Ryan..
    I'm not very much in a high speed straight runs...I like it more "scale like"...a little bit of waves...jumps...slow motions. So you don t have to talk about not liking to go full throttle...I understand perfectly. I don t feel comfortable ever in very high speed...I like to keep things somewhat more peaceful...but that doesn t mean I don t like power

Sebastijan

3 blades use 30% MORE amps than a 2 blade in the same size and pitch according to my Data Logger.

Sebastian from what you Are telling I would recommend a small prop and maybe even run a less cell count. I know what you mean by saying you don't like too much speed but you like the power. Smaller prop and less cells will let you drive slower and not load up the system. Partial throttle with a too big prop and high cell count will heat you system up in no time
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Yup yup Ryan, Im doing just fine how bout you? I miss talking to you, if you have any questions just let me know , I love to help you building that big monster, is it almost same lengh with your 1 series, 135i or 1M ?? jeezz.... =), dont matter cuz your cat's accelerate and hp/lbs is better than both Ryan haha.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xcesive8 View Post
    Thank you Doug cheers

Thanks Tiqueman, much appreciated. How you getting on with your boat?

Hey mate, I used Savox 2270sg High volts..
    The problem was, I run Futaba and they say to run the reciever R603FS at 6v max.
    Ive found a few people who just run off a lipo @ 7.4v anyway and say its been fine.
    But didnt wana risk this much money on a $90 reciever blowing up while im going flat out and may need to turn lol.
    So to use the 2270's to there max potential somewhere around 444 Oz-in @7.4v i used a Gryphon Regulator.
    You plug your 1 or 2 servo leads into a specific slot and according to what slot its in theres little Dil switches on the back and you can select to step up the voltage or step down etc.
    So i have the reciever slot set @ 6v and the 2 servos set @7.4 and the unit its self is obviously a 2s lipo . Make sense?
    I use them in my Heli's.
    I also turn everything on and off via this.. Has a flag that saids " Remove before flight" lol i hope not

Here it is if you wana check it out.
    http://arkrc.com.au/products/GVR%252...2d-Silver.html

Cheers Ryan

Hi Ryan,
    I picked up a Gryphon regulator but I'm a bit torn over the savox servo's. I looked at the 2270hv but also noticed a 1270hv, which it states is waterproof and add's a bit more torque, 2270=444, 1270=487. Any reason why you chose the 2270 over the 1270? Just curious, I'm no pro to the heli servo's. I know they use these for the extreme 3-d flier's but was just curious if you knew anything better from one over the other. I have never flown any heli's !
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

I also bought the gryphon regulator. I must have picked up on it when I read this thread a while back. Didn't realize it till just now! Glad there being used in boats successfully. Awesome boat, I have to have one, one day. I'll build the launch trailer first. Please keep the video coming, I can watch them all day.

Hello from Germany. WOW wonderful nice clean build. Exactly my taste. Have fun with your piece of jewelry.
    Greetings Christian

Quote Originally Posted by jj2003 View Post
    Hi Ryan,
    I picked up a Gryphon regulator but I'm a bit torn over the savox servo's. I looked at the 2270hv but also noticed a 1270hv, which it states is waterproof and add's a bit more torque, 2270=444, 1270=487. Any reason why you chose the 2270 over the 1270? Just curious, I'm no pro to the heli servo's. I know they use these for the extreme 3-d flier's but was just curious if you knew anything better from one over the other. I have never flown any heli's !
    Hey bud, I just got the 2270 because they were on special at a shop near by. Im sure the 1270 will be fine. One thing i will say is if i ever did it again id probably use Futaba like 172's or something similar, because the Savox are very noisy! Like whining loudly, i mean i know its to be expected, because theres always a bit of binding going on as the rudders pulling on each servo tight, if you turn it a few times with the radio it finds a sweet spot and shuts up but man futaba's dont do this so loudly..

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    I also bought the gryphon regulator. I must have picked up on it when I read this thread a while back. Didn't realize it till just now! Glad there being used in boats successfully. Awesome boat, I have to have one, one day. I'll build the launch trailer first. Please keep the video coming, I can watch them all day.
    Yeah it works a treat! And i love the Flag pin that you just pull in n out to turn on. Just be sure not to leave your batt connected for long periods when not using. Because it will drain slowly and you will ruin your pack. YEah its hard moving her in and out of the house without just missing walls. It a very awkward thing to carry - did i mention heavy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
    Hello from Germany. WOW wonderful nice clean build. Exactly my taste. Have fun with your piece of jewelry.
    Greetings Christian
    Thank you so much Christian , very nice of you to comment.
    I think you started my addiction with all of your beautiful builds.
    If i can build a boat just half as good as you one day i will be a happy man.. Cheers Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12