Thread: 52.5 mph video

Default 52.5 mph video

Here goes the video, I think the 52.5 was the first pass back down http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/c...mpeg2video.flv
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

49 views and no comments..Wow that's rare.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I just saw it. Great runs....amazing how hard it is to run straight. One thing the SAW guys really have to have down.

I think you are getting to speeds that your pond needs to get a little bigger.

Thanks Jeff, Today we had a great run, she looked like a fountain powerboat doing one of those record runs, she ran with about 4 inches of hull in the water, keep in mind the gps is in the bow under the flotation, I'm gonna get some heavier lipos those are about 200 grams a piece....

I've also noticed, that in order to get it to run like that I had to run it slightly on a turn like radius. yea I'm also learning how to drive, when you reach those speeds it's not easier...My cousin parked his jolly for a month plus now, But he saw the Sv run today and feels his 65 mph is in jeopardy 55 is my next aim, IU see a similar Brushless with the same dimensions as the BJ motor with 1900 kv I'm looking at, as soon as the become available that's my next upgrade. But until them I'm gonna change out that 440 for a 637 or maybe a 640.

Yes Jeff the lake I was in actually is part of a larger lake there was about an extra hundred feet to the right of the shot and to the left it runs into the larger lake, But it's on a golf course and to the right was the 6 hole, But we have about 20 lakes on site that one was just behind where I live, and somewhat out of the golfers way, they love it, most ask me what kind of fuel I'm running, But when I say electric they can't believe it.
    Last edited by RCprince; 07-28-2008 at 01:02 AM.

Bring it to Valdosta in September.

Blake

looking good. what are you running for a motor? Are you running the stock rudder?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Steve I'm running stock hardware except for the motor( BJ motor) Prop(x440) esc(24 bucks 60amp 2-7s) Batteries ( some 20 dollar lipos my cousin brought back from china 2200 25c 3s(2) 6s.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just pixed up
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280241684067
    im guessing its the same one you have. Im hoping to be able to use the stock water jacket, if not ill do the fan like your and just make sure to tape the hatch. ill prob. just put the reciever in a balloon, silicone the wire ends on the esc.(it looks like you already did this) and run it without the lid on. Im gonna try it with the stock motor. if i fry that. ill put my fiegao 9xl in(outa my emaxx) :)
    i will be running a k42 to start and then maybe try my 48.

What I'm seeing and learning is that low kv, high voltage, small prop..Large props act like a paddle and tends to want to turn the boat.

If I do decide to goto Valdosta , the rest of my upgrades will have to remain top secret