Thread: ML Boatworks 1/8th scale Hydroplane Trailer kit!

Default ML Boatworks 1/8th scale Hydroplane Trailer kit!

Something new for you guys, and its not a boat this time! With the help of Don Ferrette, I was able to use his personal trailer as a base for the kit. Here are some 3d images of the kit! I am getting it priced with my laser guy right now, and should have it available on the website any day now.Enjoy, Mike

Here is a pic of the prototype hull Don let me use for the kit! The kit I will be offering is done a little differently as it has toy tabbing, internal frame changes, and the tilt rack is done with ply instead of solid pine.

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Kit is now available!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Default Which tires should I install?

I?m really enjoying assembling the 1/8 scale hydroplane trailer kit. All the laser cut plywood pieces are individually marked with letters and numbers or a combination of letters to identify where they go and no assembly plans are necessary to put the trailer together. Although pictures of the completed trailer helps me to figure out how to attach the frame on top of the trailer. By frame I mean the part that is 10.25? by 32? that is supporting the hydroplane above the trailer. 26.04 cm by 81.28 cm.
    Now here is where I?m having issues with completing the trailer.
    I?m wondering should I buy eight skinny tires that are each 0.87? wide by 3.28? outer diameter. 22 mm by 83.5 mm.
    Or should I buy four wide tires that are each 1.39? wide by 3.29? OD. 35.3 mm by 83.5 mm.
    Who here has assembled this trailer and which tire set did you install?
    Thanks in advance.

RC4WD Roady 1.7? Commercial 1/14 Semi Truck Tires (2)
    Width 0.87? / 22mm
    OD 3.28? / 83.5 mm
    https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-t0032.htm

Michelin X ONE XZU S 1.7?
    Width 1.39? / 35.3 mm
    OD 3.29? / 83.5 mm
    Inner Diameter 1.871? / 43.5 mm
    https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-t0176.htm
    Mark Vanyo
    Renton, Washington

Any pics of the build? I would love some for my website! shoot me photos at mike@mlboatworksrc.com. As far as times, I am not sure! I cant believe they make Michelins! haha