Thread: timing question about Leopard 4082

Default timing question about Leopard 4082

I just put a leopard 4082 1600KV and a seaking 180 in my Impulse 31 I am wondering about the timing for the motor I don't know much about timing and the ESC has eight timing settings, 0.00,3.75,7.50,11.25,15.00,18.75,22.50 and 26.25 default is 15.00. I don't know anything about timing other than I thought advancing it gave you more power? I have only run so far on 4S but I wondering what I should set the timing to for running 4S as well as 6S? Thanks.

It is a "Y" wind motor, use the default setting---15*.
    Just remember: "Y" wind motor prefers highter timing, and 15* usually is a very good setting.
    "D" wind motor prefers lower timing, some people set their ESC as low as 2* provided the ESC allows such setting.
    Timing set correctly would afford better efficiency for the motor.
    "Y winds are much more affected by timing changes than D winds. Don't expect to get a ton of improvement with timing changes in a D motor.
    Also, proper timing is relative to load. Higher load: higher timing. Running your motor with no load isn't going to tell you much. Gotta put it in the water.

I've ran 1-16 degrees on D winds, just depends on the motor and the application. I would assume that 5 degrees should put you about where you want to be.

I also think that it's reasonable to argue that you could probably go faster on 5s2p (with a lower failure rate) than you will running a pair of 3s lipos."-----KeithBradley

I pasted this quote from him in a similar thread with regard to question of timing. He says it better than I can, so here it is, disregard the last sentence, that was a 2000kv motor running on 6s, does not apply here.

By 5s 2p I assume u mean one 2s and one 3s pack? Why do you say that though

5S2p is two 5S packs in parallel. Each 5S "pack" could be a single 5S pack, a 2S and 3S combined, or a 3S and two 1S packs, or....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Ok that's not a bad idea as far as run time goes I can see the benefit but why do you say it would be faster?

That was an answer for that person who was running 6s on a 2000kv motor, stressing the motor. The suggestion was to run 5s2p to be safe and not stressing the motor. The notion there was it would have been beneficial to use one less cell count. That is why I sat to disregard the last sentence, I pasted that for your timing question only.
    Sorry, I see I have only added confution.
    My bad.

Difficult to type on my phone,sorry for the spelling.

okay no worries I understand what you meant nowany recommendations on a prop for running 6SI'm running in X642 right now but I've been advised that that might be too much prop for 6S

When I asked the tech rep at TP about my TP4060 2040kv (5D), he confirmed low timing. 0-10* is the range they recommend. 5* is what I'll start with.

642 is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I'm trying to get opinions another guy here on the forums told me that the 642 might fry my system and that I should start with a 440 then go to 442 he definitely knows what he's talking about I just want to see what others think as well

One thing you can do if you're worried is to detounge the 642

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've herd of that but not sure what it is?