Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heres the best way to waterproof your electronics

coating is nice, but causes problems if you need to return the esc for repair. I see far to many people strapping their escs to a inside hull surface. Most times if water does get into a hull, its limited to some sloshing water. not a complete breach. mount the esc on a box or lifted surface. that will go a long way towards keeping water out. also coat the esc with a petroleum based water resistant item like Corrosion X, AeroPlate or similar.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I've seen many hifei marine escs burned like that.
    Probably it is not from epoxy but controller's fault.
    Agreed
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Go to Walmart and find Rust-Oleum Leak Seal Flexible Rubber coating. It will not eat plastic nor conduct. It's clear, and paintable, water proof and best of all does not crack! I have used it on a open ESC and works perfectly. Actually it's kinda hard to remove once dried which is ideal. Comes in can so you can brush it on, and in spray.

Have any of you heard of CorrosionX? That stuff is da bomb!!! And it’s not permanent like epoxy and plastic tool dip. I don’t know how to post a YouTube link, but check out a video by Flight Test called “waterproofing electronics”. I stumbled on this video a long time ago and have been using this stuff ever since. I swear by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, see post #19 from five years ago.......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12