Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: namba rules discussion....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    We can all discuss this in person this next summer in Michigan.
    Actually, I'm all done discussing conspiracy theories. I wont even entertain the conversation.

I've got a bit of time and effort invested in NAMBA FE. More than most I think. Frankly the notion itself offends me.

After what I have to say below, I'm done with this section of the forum. Terry's exactly right. We can't do it.

In fact, I'm taking a break from the forum entirely for a while. I'm having too many flash-backs to 2007. The hobby is starting to become something (again?) that I don't like, and I'm not going to tolerate it this time. I'm establishing boundaries. There's been too many instances of negative, and frankly juvenile situations that make me scratch my head and wonder why I do what I do, both for NAMBA and myself regarding this "hobby".

First off, I'd like to thank those member in FE that have truly made a difference with our hobby. To think how far FE has come in the 11 years that I've been involved is quite impressive. I REALLY like what happened @ the FE SAWS a few weeks ago. Total FE domination with multiple dedicated FE racers with rigs that could back it up. FE getting involved in District races. FE Nat's finally getting recognized by NAMBA, The boat count that will be attending Michigan in '14. Clubs already getting ready to bid on future Nat's. The growth we've seen in Scale. The gas/nitro racers that now have FE boats in their fleet. And there's many more, too.

Now, on the flip side there are a hand-full of FE racers that give me the feeling you really want it to be 2007 again; like you feed on the negativity/confusion/hostility to better your day. Or, you're incapable of recognizing your actions are creating a storm of activity, which is all negative. But, you feel It's always someone else's doing, right? No personal accountability. You feel that NAMBA is unfair. It doesn't recognize your racing program, so therefore something must be wrong.

To those that fall, or dabble, in the latter, please step up your game. You're holding FE back. Really. Take some personal responsibility for your actions. Ask yourself what can you do to advance FE. Ask yourself if you're part of the problem, or part of the solution to this hobby. Recognize that NAMBA is an organization of members trying to come up with some common ground for the better of the organization. Sometimes it won't benefit you. That's just how organizations work. Find out what you like/enjoy in the hobby and focus your attention on that. After all, that's why we do this right? For enjoyment? For good times? For relaxation? For a break from our everyday lives?

If you think I'm directing this at any one person, please know that I was involved with FOUR situations this weekend involving FE. 4. Quattro, 1 number after 3. And, I was vacationing with my college friends this past weekend, too. As much as they liked my P-Mono You-Tube video, they thought the drama I was involved with resembled their children, and sometimes their wives.

See you guys in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Actually, I'm all done discussing conspiracy theories. I wont even entertain the conversation.

I've got a bit of time and effort invested in NAMBA FE. More than most I think. Frankly the notion itself offends me.

Sorry Terry...forgot to insert the " " icon..

I'm taking a wide birth on all that crap. Going to focus on racing FE boats and tossing them in for those who need it while watching some great racing and enjoying the fine hospitality of the Elks!!

Race on

Cheers, Jay.

Good idea Jay, I'm building and bench racing. As soon as we get some decent snow I can run the Geico for giggles woth Wendy.

Winter is for building and bench racing. When we get to racing at the lodge, all will be fine guys, don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    I'm taking a wide birth on all that crap. Going to focus on racing FE boats and tossing them in for those who need it while watching some great racing and enjoying the fine hospitality of the Elks!!

Race on

Cheers, Jay.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123