Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: namba rules discussion....

I said that didn't I........ala ka zammmm!!!!

.......................aaaaannnnnnnd nope.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    The other possibility is the "West Coast Guys" could just skip the event since we cause all these problems. That would help cut down on the heat count a bit and you could probably fit it back into 4 days. There are quite a few "West Coast Guys" who are reading this and wondering why they are making the effort, it was discussed quite a bit at the SAWs and 2-lap last weekend.
    Hmmmmmm... On a limited budget, it wouldn't be a hard decision to make as to where I'd want to spend my money... Especially after all of the fun we had this weekend, and knowing that there are even more of those events coming up, all of which I can drive to...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Now everyone take note!

We opened it, we left it open and this is the result.

THIS IS WHY the mods close threads. NOT to CENSOR, but to stop the bickering that snowballs into a avalanche.

Racing rule for rc boats shouldn't be this difficult. But for some reason every time a rules debate comes up, someone starts finger pointing in a derogatory manner at what went on in the past. The past is relevant, but not as a tool to make jabs.

A wise man once told said, "don't come to me with your problems, come to me with solutions to your problems".
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I worked for a guy that would say "problems are just opportunities to do something better"........he was an idiot though.

Steve's onto something. The problem isn't really the rules. These discussions devolve because of the way we communicate on the forums.

Try not to have an attitude when you're expressing a concern or you find a chink in the rule armor. Your point is completely lost when you do.

"Hey, there's a problem. We probably better remedy that."

is much better received than

"Did you see what these idiots voted for? They clearly didn't think it through. Because their stupid, ignorant, corrupt, misinformed, delusional, illiterate, been deceived, etc."

Nobody cares what I think if I say/type the later.

You get the idea. Subtle difference right?

How about this, answer or responding like you would if the guy you were responding to was standing right in front of you, named Richie Incognito and plays guard for the Miami Dolphins.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

In 24 hrs, the NAMBA BOD and DD's have reviewed the fact that Michigan needs 5 days to run this event, even though the rules say 4 days max. They have approved Michigan to do so for 2014.

Also, regarding the 30 day scheduling issue that may come up about the NAMBA Gas/Nitro Nats and FE Nats, no concerns have been addressed by the 5 individuals that will vote on this topic if the events do fall within 30 days of each other. The Gas/Nitro Nat's does not have a specific date yet, as far as I know.

Put this to bed. i's have been dotted and t's crossed.

And, just so you know, I will stand firmly in the way of any rule proposals/discussions that hope to change something for the '14 Nat's.

Question

And, just so you know, I will stand firmly in the way of any rule proposals/discussions that hope to change something for the '14 Nat's.
    To be clear, does this mean you are standing "in the way" as a blocker to any future rule proposals/discussions?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

...that hope to change something for the '14 Nats.

Thanks.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

But I had a proposal. I propose that we all must wear neon orange for the entire race. Any not wearing neon orange will be DQ'd. Think prison jumpers.

Where's your imagination Dave!

Hey Dave, does that mean that they will therefore have to schedule around our existing date? I don't care either way but we FE heads have never been given dibs on dates. That's gotta be a first.

We need more racers. Jay, are you signed up yet? I'll save you a place to pitch your tent.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post

Hey Dave, does that mean that they will therefore have to schedule around our existing date? I don't care either way but we FE heads have never been given dibs on dates. That's gotta be a first.
    It's a non-issue as the Gas/Nitro Dist 8 event is focused on July per previous announcements. But, yes, you guys had your crap together and got your bid in, and approved, so I think that means something.

Thanks for getting it done Dave.

Dave, we need to start thinking about 2015. Maybe you already have.

fla is very nice in june lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Default Discusion for future years

Dave,
    I have tried to stay quiet on this topic and I do appreciate your efforts regarding the 2014 schedule issues, but here are my 2 cents.
    The problem for the FE Nat's will always be that scheduling the Gas/Nitro Nationals too close to the FE nationals could pull racers away from the FE Nat's. This would really only occur when they add FE classes to their event. On one hand it is important for the growth of FE to have these classes run at their event, but on the other hand it would pull racers away that were geographically closer to the location of the Gas/Nitro Nat's. This has affected previous FE Nat's and really puts the hosting club in a bad spot. If asked, and they object to the FE class additions, they are either perceived as the bad guy, or if they go along with the FE class additions they will probably lose an unknown amount of racers. Most likely only a few, but it is really hard to say how many for sure.
    The FE Nationals is still a very fragile event; except for 2014, participants tend to be scarce as compared to the Gas/Nitro Nat's. We must be careful about any decision that could potentially affect the total attendance.
    Here is my suggestion.....for 2015 and moving forward into the future both host clubs simply work together before announcing both dates. That would in theory stop the animosity from even starting. I do realize this may not be as simple as it sounds, but let's try it for 2015 and see if it is doable. Hopefully you can just bounce this idea around with Robert Holland and the NAMBA board well in advance of the 2015 planning.
    Your thoughts ?
    Thanks,
    Ken
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Ken, we're on the same page. However, what you're asking assumes that we live in a perfect world. Case in point, the 2014 Gas Nat's doesn't even have a date selected yet. There was not only a change in venue, but a complete change in district regarding the hosting of the '14 Gas/Nitro event. I would not have wanted NAMBA to wait to approve Michigan's event.

Rest assured that the NAMBA BOD, all of them, and I share your sentiment regarding the potential negative affects that can come from adding FE classes to a Gas/Nitro Nats. We will continue to take each year into full consideration and do our best to make the right decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Ken, we're on the same page. However, what you're asking assumes that we live in a perfect world. Case in point, the 2014 Gas Nat's doesn't even have a date selected yet. There was not only a change in venue, but a complete change in district regarding the hosting of the '14 Gas/Nitro event. I would not have wanted NAMBA to wait to approve Michigan's event.

Rest assured that the NAMBA BOD, all of them, and I share your sentiment regarding the potential negative affects that can come from adding FE classes to a Gas/Nitro Nats. We will continue to take each year into full consideration and do our best to make the right decisions.
    All very good points, certainly may make this idea difficult to acheive
    every year depending on the host club circumstances and dates......
    Thanks for sharing the thoughts and reply.
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

The thing is these days many people have more interaction on-line than face to face. This is a slight downfall in humanity. Not all people communicate more on-line than face to face but, it is changing and I am sometimes really bad at conveying my thoughts on-line compared to face to face. It's not that easy but, if you take the time it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    How about this, answer or responding like you would if the guy you were responding to was standing right in front of you, named Richie Incognito and plays guard for the Miami Dolphins.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Haines View Post
    Here is my suggestion.....for 2015 and moving forward into the future both host clubs simply work together before announcing both dates.
    Common sense. Not sure it will work.

There is a short list of people that want the board of directors to make all those decisions for the nationals of any fuel type. From dates right down to allowing or not allowing a 5th day when it's warranted. Think micro management.

This is totally unacceptable to me. The people that have to make the reservations, do the dance, beg people to come, harvest weeds, cook the budget, be good hosts, and basically do all the work should be making the decisions about how to achieve that goal.

Sorry if that rubs anyone wrong but that's how I see it.
    Last edited by T.S.Davis; 11-20-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Should be an interesting next day or so... I understand that whoever the "powers that be" are were getting together on the phone tonight to discuss Nitro/Gas and FE Nats, etc... YeeHaw!

In the meantime, I'm not sure if my fleet is actually growing, but the pile of parts to build it certainly are!

I don't know about the "powers that be", but there have been conversations and we are all good as far as Nitro/Gas and FE Nats goes.
    Now, get to building boats. Both events are going to be a blast.

Darin, have you received your GP265 kit yet? If so do you know the sponson depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Should be an interesting next day or so... I understand that whoever the "powers that be" are were getting together on the phone tonight to discuss Nitro/Gas and FE Nats, etc... YeeHaw!

In the meantime, I'm not sure if my fleet is actually growing, but the pile of parts to build it certainly are!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by rcboats1 View Post
    Yes, building time!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Darin, have you received your GP265 kit yet? If so do you know the sponson depth?
    I got it and the GP335, but haven't had a chance to look at them yet. I probably won't get to them for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by rcboats1 View Post
    I never stopped building boats... :)

Looking forward to hearing what FE classes will be offered here at the Nitro/Gas Nats...

Let's get this thread back on track.

I never stopped building boats... :)

Looking forward to hearing what FE classes will be offered here at the Nitro/Gas Nats...

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    In 24 hrs, the NAMBA BOD and DD's have reviewed the fact that Michigan needs 5 days to run this event, even though the rules say 4 days max. They have approved Michigan to do so for 2014.

Also, regarding the 30 day scheduling issue that may come up about the NAMBA Gas/Nitro Nats and FE Nats, no concerns have been addressed by the 5 individuals that will vote on this topic if the events do fall within 30 days of each other. The Gas/Nitro Nat's does not have a specific date yet, as far as I know.

Put this to bed. i's have been dotted and t's crossed.

Quoting for future coment.

Please Steve, you win! You were right and I was wrong.

Delete this section of the forum. Intelligent conversations about any rules can not happen as long as there are lunatics that race.

After 10 years of posts I've finally had to add a second to my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I have a question, are we going to use the Official NAMBA rule book for the FE nats or are we going to use the westcoast rulebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I suspect that they won't actually follow that procedure but just wave a westcoast magic wand and take care of it.
    I'm kind of hoping that we don't get this completely back "on topic", as it seems that the original poster had on his agenda an axe to grind with the racers on the "West Coast"... I'd hate for this to get ugly, especially when the premise is completly unfounded...

We can all discuss this in person this next summer in Michigan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast