Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: namba rules discussion....

Default namba rules discussion....

I have a question, are we going to use the Official NAMBA rule book for the FE nats or are we going to use the westcoast rulebook? If we are going to use the Official NAMBA rulebook, when will we be voting on amending the rulebook? At this time we could also have votes on other things. Just asking because this will need to be done befor June.

This should be an interesting thread if rules are going to be changed just prior to the FE Nats.

They have too Doby. Just read the rule book.

Be a tad more specific Jeff.

ya please tell us why we need to change all the rules? or which ones are u referring too?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

sounds more like someone starting trouble----one bad apple will ruin the whole barrel if given a chance,look around you-what's happened to fun in this country. rules,rules,and more rules! protect crooks-take god away- no guns all started by bad apples! keep crap like this going and our hobby will be gone too!

Bozo, do you think we should not have rules? I am not talking about the 30 day rule, there is a provison to fix it in the rule book. I suspect that they won't actually follow that procedure but just wave a westcoast magic wand and take care of it. What I am talking about is the rule that the FE nationals can only be 4 days long maximuim. It is going to have to be changed. You cannot just pick and choose what rules you will follow. It is in there for a reason, it must have been voted on when it was added. My whole experiance with boat racing is rules,rules and rules. Some get to follow them and others not. I am just pointing this out so the right thing can be done before the nats.

Jeff-thanks for pointing out the 4 day deal. I actually didn't catch it in the other post.

I'm working on figuring out what happened here, but before I explain it, please tone down your incendiary comments (I.e. wave the west coast magic). I'm tired of it. Take a more productive and helpful stance, please.

When I and District 2 wrote up the FE Nat's section for NAMBA (which, I hope you agree was a good move), we actually had wording in there that recommended a 4 day event. It was not "concrete".

Our FE Nat's proposal bounced around through the Executive Branch numerous times, the Rulebook Chairperson numerous times, me and Fred numerous times and the District Directors as well. Many revisions/rewrites were done as we were trying to figure out the best way to merge with the already-present NAMBA Nat's section of the rulebook. It was not simple. Probably over 30 emails in my inbox alone.

What spun out of that is what you see and I must have missed the fact that it now has 3-4 days specified. I apologize.

I will research my notes to see where it got changed and work on a resolution.

Needless to say, the Michigan event is going to be a 5 day event. If you choose to allow it to be banter for your typical negative slant on this hobby, then so be it. Actually, no, don't. Follow my advice above. You're better than that...I hope.

Easy fix. It's not a membership vote issue anyway. It's a board of directors item. Fred's not on the west coat but he is on the board of directors so........I don't know.

Dave, Fred and I worked on this together. West coast rules is nonsense. Dave and I argued about the 4 round requirement more than anything. I don't even remember the day count. Had to look it up in the book. I've never been to a nats that was less than 4 days. How that ended up 4 days max I'm not sure.

If 5 days are too many for ya Jeff....pick one and skip it. Or skip it all together and go to the IMPBA FE Nationals.........wait.....never mind. We'll get it straightened out.

For years we have seen Nationals that could have been held within 2 days with poor turnout. Most participants have been local racers with the exception of a few extremely dedicated racers. So basically glorified club racers. no fault of the club, most likely due to a rough economy. So now that we see record turnout that requires extra days, we are still complaining? What am i missing?
    Last edited by Steven Vaccaro; 11-12-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    we are still complaining?
    Dingdingdingding The prize goes to Mister Steven Vaccaro!

It's just an opportunity to poke at the establishment.

I've been to both kinds of nats. Both have their merits. A little nats can be a lot of fun too. 2006 was small. I had a ton of fun. Won some classes but honestly so what. Without the big dogs there I haven't really won anything.

Just think how big 2015 might be if the word gets out as to how well this group of misfits organizes their events and this location.

They did good in 2012....did great in 2013.....no reason they shouldn't do fantastic in 2014..

I'll do my part to help with scheduling. Scratch me from the three scale events. I'll just bring a cat and my outriggers. Easier to pack, cheaper to ship and saves some building time.

The other possibility is the "West Coast Guys" could just skip the event since we cause all these problems. That would help cut down on the heat count a bit and you could probably fit it back into 4 days. There are quite a few "West Coast Guys" who are reading this and wondering why they are making the effort, it was discussed quite a bit at the SAWs and 2-lap last weekend.

Lots of people read these threads but don't reply. Let's just say you've made an impression.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Dingdingdingding The prize goes to Mister Steven Vaccaro!

It's just an opportunity to poke at the establishment.

I've been to both kinds of nats. Both have their merits. A little nats can be a lot of fun too. 2006 was small. I had a ton of fun. Won some classes but honestly so what. Without the big dogs there I haven't really won anything.
    Terry it seems as if people are upset at the way rules are followed or changed. Im not 100%sure what can be done about that. But I think with today's technology, most things should be done online. Like voting and such. I hate to come back to this, but with such a large portion of nitro racers, it seems they can be swayed to vote for things that dont effect them.
    Steven Vaccaro

Could somebody please explain this West Coast Rule book thing???

I would like to think that its not a derogatory term that would discourage participation from folks on the actual west coast.

It does unfortunately sound derogatory though.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    The other possibility is the "West Coast Guys" could just skip the event since we cause all these problems.
    If that happens I'm gonna be sideways pissed.

There is no west coast magic wand. That's just Jeff attempting to make trouble where there is none.

I don't think he ment much by the west coast rules thing...probably some local class or something ..I don't know....you guys are lucky that there is such great partisapation (spelling lol) in the great white north....I know I had a great time at the 2011 nats at the waveblasters pond in fla.....hope to see it back again down this way soon

One guy bitched and the whole planet gets
    Pissed? Where is the moderator to close this thread?

I was bitched at because other namba threads got shut down by the OSE mods. Now people want me to close the namba thread.
    Steven Vaccaro

Dave, Yes, I guess I am sorry for the west coast coment. I really wasn't trying to be negative about this(only the past). Nothing you did Dave.I think we just need a vote to fix it before the nats, and as a positive thing we have an operunity to vote something else. Maybe tfl will have a motor to aprove by then?

I was not bitching about the rules, just pointing it out. Ever three months someone complains about the motor rule and they don't get any where near the flak you guy's give me.

I have my opinion about something and for Dave and Terry's sake I won't post it in public.

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    One guy bitched and the whole planet gets
    Pissed? Where is the moderator to close this thread?
    LMAO! Howard you have to come to this. You're going to miss a lot of fun. That.... And it's your turn to buy dinner.

I was bitched at because other namba threads got shut down by the OSE mods. Now people want me to close the namba thread.
    LMBO!!!!!!!

In no official capacity.

TOY BOAT RACER

Terry it seems as if people are upset at the way rules are followed or changed.
    It's okay Steve. Leave it up.

You would think there was a mass collective hand wringing over the rules but that simply isn't the case. Dave's email isn't melting his computer. Neither is Hollands.

If there was an outcry from the membership of either organization about how they were modeled the organizations would respond. Neither organization is so arrogant that they wouldn't respond to a clear affront to their memberships. The outcry simply isn't there.

The motor thing is tricky. TFL will find one but I really don't want them to find something that's far superior. As stupid as that sounds. It does need to be comparable and competitive without being a ton better. There's a fine line there. Upsetting the apple cart is not the intent. I absolutely will not be pushing to get something included in the spec for the 14 nats. IN fact, I would lobby against it. It's simply not fair to anyone that races. I am hoping to see one before Phoenix. Not to race. Just for us to beat the b'geezus out of. See if we can find the edge of the envelope on it.

I mentioned this before. Our equipment is getting closer to failure with every run no matter how high the quality is. We race. We accept that risk. How hard we race will determine how long before you reach the end of your equipments life span. Kind to your gear? It will last a while. Amp the crap out of it? Not so much.

Oh, and if there really is an elder wand............I have it. hahaha

deleted .... ...you guys fight it out

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc View Post
    LMAO! Howard you have to come to this. You're going to miss a lot of fun. That.... And it's your turn to buy dinner.
    Big Anniversary (25 years) 2 big Birthdays (50 years) going on a 10 day European Tour. London, Prague, Saltzberg and Munich.. I may drive up Tuesday night for dinner with you guys. We will see.

Now you guys are looking for a new spec motor? So if tfl gets one, how about Neu, leopard and tp?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Steven Vaccaro

iii) In addition, the CD has the discretion to allow the following:
    (a) An aftermarket motor that is a re-labeled and exact copy of any
    approved motor.
    (b) Any generational change of an approved motor, or a motor that
    is used in a Ready To Run (RTR) offering from a manufacturer
    that produces over 100 units of said offering, as long as there is
    no more than a 5% increase in any of the following
    manufacturers specifications as compared to any single
    approved motor: Kv, maximum constant amperage rating,
    mass, and MSRP.

Now you guys are looking for a new spec motor? So if tfl gets one, how about Neu, leopard and tp?
    Not exactly. More like another motor to add to what we already have. Not a different spec. Not a brand new motor that's a head and shoulders clear choice. Like I said, what we have is mostly working. The manufacturing seems it might fluctuate but for the most part it's working. The numbers tell the tale.

Here's a can of dreams for us........wouldn't it be cool if Aquacraft, Horizon, Atomik, Venom, TFL, whoever would all agree to buy a particular motor brand? Like all Castle, TP, whatever. None of those company manufactures motors anyway.

bahahaha Sometimes I kill me.

Ready To Run (RTR) offering from a manufacturer
    that produces over 100 units of said offering, as long as there is
    no more than a 5% increase in any of the following
    manufacturers specifications as compared to any single
    approved motor: Kv, maximum constant amperage rating,
    mass, and MSRP

There's the key. That's a lot to get right on.

Terry, you did say you had a wand in a previos post. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast