Thread: F1 tunnel hull and the new brushless Graupner 820

Default F1 tunnel hull and the new brushless Graupner 820

Hi Steve

Since you are selling the some Graupner outboards motors, it would be nice to sell an F1 tunnel also. They complement each other.....

Aeromarine has a nice one, the Predator. Do you plan to sell it in the future?https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...flammes-09.gif

I also saw on the german Graupner website a new brushless outboard, the GTX 820. Would be nice that you sell it too...... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...t2/rockon2.gif

At the moment I'm undecided between the Fuller's outboard unit of the new upcoming brushless Graupner 820.....https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/.../confused2.gif

Cheers

JC

X's 2 on the GTX 820 brushless!!!!!

I havent seen the new brushless outboard. That will be cool. The graupner f1 is a ton of money to import with the euro and shipping fees.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Wow I just checked and the 820 brushless is $198 Euro!!! Times that by 1.6 and thats the US cost. Just crazy!
    Steven Vaccaro

ouch...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Wow I just checked and the 820 brushless is $198 Euro!!! Times that by 1.6 and thats the US cost. Just crazy!
    I admit a little over 3 bills is a bit much. Just wait for the US dollar to get stronger
    But seriously. The brushed 800 is around $250. I don't think $65.00 more for the brushless version is that bad!!!!!
    Last edited by Spot Me 2; 07-30-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Hi guys

The motor should be a bit cheaper in the US. The taxes (GST) are high in Europe compared to US and is normally around 17.5%.

The only thing is that the US dollar has depreciated a fair bit against other major currencies in the past 12 months.....

I'm from Australia and I find the same things are ususally cheaper in US than in Europe or Australia. I suppose also that there is a lot of substitutes and healthy competition US that keeps the prices down.....

Would be good to hear some review about the new motor and how it is designed. The Graupner website does not have much in terms of pictures or drawings of then motor. The outboard unit can be purchased with or without motor and water cooler though....

Cheers

JC

Lightbulb

Steve,
    It would be preety cool to get a 21 tunnel on your site... Maybe conversion kit for the 3.5 lawless OB lower. I think that would be the ticket. the lawless Is about$145 at Its highest add some for thr conversion kit and you have a race proven lower. all down hill from there.......

mho.

Talking

....or may be the K&B lower unit.....

JC

Can somone post a link i cant seem to find it on Graupner. I seem to never have much luck on there site owell.
    Failure is the First step to SUCCESS

Default Graupner 820 brushless

Steven can you get a price on 2 of those units and ETA if we ordered soon .... I'll pay you up front if the price is right!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I dont know when they are coming. But they are around $300 or so each.
    Steven Vaccaro

Steven Vaccaro

German sales tax is 19.5% UK is 17.5 Franceis I think 21% etc etc.

You should not pay the tax on exports to the USA. The Graupner 820 leg is better value without the motor.
    www.astecmodels.co.uk 100+ pages of FE info and products

I can for sure do them at less than 300USD probably 160-200 (without checking!!)

There is absolutely no comparison of quality of the Graupner with the Hyperperformance unit Steven is selling http://offshoreelectrics.com/proddet...5-bullet-drive. The Graupner is more like a toy and the Hyper is pro equipment. Add that to the fact that the hyper is MUCH less expensive and why bother with the Graupner!!??
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

A Toy? Depends on your viewpoint. The 800 was poor it was a geared unit and the gears would break if loaded. the 800 motor would also burn out. The 820 is a better beast in that it is an Ali casting with plastic top, comes complete with the stub shaft and a flex drive line with coupler. The motor is an inline 500 and is probably underpowered for our type of use. The casting is heavy! The cost is 220euro incl tax at 19.5% from the Graupner shop. My view is that that is an insane price.

The other legs mentioned above - are they as complete? I know the REK leg seems good value at USD 70 ish. I can provide 3.5 sized mouldings for the top ( you will have to make them fit!

REK told me they are currently waiting for new material so I guess that narrows the field. Any comments on the high performance leg?

If you will follow the link shown in my last post you will see that the drive includes the adapter, shaft, flexshaft, mount, coupler, etc. for only $129.99 USD!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com