Thread: ML Boatworks QX400- IMPBA Q- O/B Tunnel Record run, Fastest Tunnel in the IMPBA

Default ML Boatworks QX400- IMPBA Q- O/B Tunnel Record run, Fastest Tunnel in the IMPBA

Had some good luck last weekend at the SAW IMPBA trials in Elizabeth City, NC. With the help of Jimmy Johnson (propwork), and Chris Whitrig (lower unit work), we were able to push the Q O/B tunnel record to 78.42 mph, with a fast pass of 79.5 mph!

This is currently the fastest IMPBA O/B tunnel, no matter the size or power. The cool part about it, is the guys listed above, are currently the fastest O/B tunnel in NAMBA at 78.53mph, with a fast pass of over 80mph. They did their record with Nitro power, mine was with FE, so it was pretty cool.

Here is a short video. A guy named Trent just happened to get this one pass in. This was most likely one of the last passes I did of the day, and should have been in the 78.xxmph range.

Mike

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Sweet! Nicely done!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Congrats Mike!

- Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Congrats Mike,

Jimmy and Chris are two of the best O/B guys. You couldn't ask for 2 better guys to help you tune a tunnel for SAW's.

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

0:10 Boy Talk about a quickie.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Fantastic work Mike and friends. You certainly set the bar very high.

Congratulations
    Andrew
    Find it + Buy it + Twin it + Run it = WOOHOO

Congrats to Mike and his crew. I know how hard it is to run under 3 seconds. It is a good day for FE and Q tunnels, hope it will encourage a few more to build them.
    Mic.

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

No luck involved for Mike. It was a tough weekend for many participants. Allot of guys worked their arse off all weekend and came up dry. But Mike kept his nose to the grind stone and got her done. He was one of the few bright spots for the FE's this past weekend. Congratulations Mikey!!! You earned it.

Thank you everyone. It was definitely an exciting weekend. I am already figuring out some new tunnel configurations for the April 2014 SAW. I am going to keep in touch with Jimmy/ Chris over the next few months so we can work on 80mph mark together on the Q boat, and if time prevails, some hopefully 80mph S and T tunnels..and a new P tunnel for Dick Loeb to drive. I guess you could say finally getting back to a SAW event has me feeling rejuvenated again. Now that ODMBA has the pond back, I hope to actually get to some heat races next year. Until then, back to the cave....haha
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Congrats Mike, she is definitely flying! Well done!

Did anyone else get videos of run attempts?
    That looks like a great spot to run...nice and long. The water looks great too. I'm guessing that was around sunset, when the water lays down and the magic happens.

Unfortunately, no, they didn't. I am just glad Ben G. turned and looked and Trent and said "Hey man, get your video camera...Quick!" Haha. I have a feeling, that was my last run of the day actually which is why it was not longer. I had 4 passes in that set before I brought it in and went on home.

The water was amazing all day. I personally have never seen it that calm the complete day. It has got me motivated again to run trials and work on some new designs!

Oh, here is the boat BTW. Its the QX400 in the pics. Mike

very nice.