Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swordfish 300 Pro+ ***Sent back for warranty repair to China!*** Disappointed***

I second Tyler and have learned the hard way.Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Just not persistent enough.

Castle's warranty for any claim to Australia is half new cost, and a previous refurb gets returned. Add postage.
    Lost faith over the amount of times returned for damn near new cost ( inc postage both ways ) !
    EVERY Castle ever across my desk had been returned at least once for warranty.. not so the Sf.

Spektrum are one of a dozen radio manufacturers world wide.. SF software catered to 11 of the 12 before they acquiesced and rewrote script to support that single manufacturer's deficiency in channel endpoint width ... why didnt you chase Spektrum for an update to match the still current world standard ??? ... because then all the other 11 manufacturer's systems would work with their bind&play rtr market . !

FUTABA, SANWA, AIRTRONICS, JR, MULTIPLEX etc etc etc ad nauseum have zero problems with any esc.. only Spektrum needs a tissue for some brands not of US origin/input.

SF have been alright re warranty claims for me.
    Any warranty dept has limited ability to read your complaint and ascertain if your words are truthful or deceitful to gain claim where such is not applicable ... not suggesting any claim is false, but there are many who try.
    Steve V has an honest face.. and his supporting words should clear their mind of any doubt re claim authenticity where you are a known reputable person.

Cap banks are a necessary inclusion to EVERY boat esc application... inbuilt esc capbanks rarely cater the needs of our various beasts .. build external banks accordingly. !!!!!!!!!
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Interesting Wayne.
    Nortavlag Bulc

The Turnigy Aquastar's ARE JUNK.............Stay away from them, FOR NOW. I bought 2 of them for a really good price when they first came out, BEFORE all the hate and discontent went public. I think the 180's are still far superior. Hopefully they will work out the bugs.

I have done really well with Flier esc's. I had many many many issues with the Swordfish esc's, MANY. Keith can attest to my troubles with multiple failures and returns. I was 50/50 on free vs. pay.

They call me the black cloud for a reason tho..............

Tell us how you really feel!? LOL... Kidding.

Which Aquastar's are you talking about? The HiFei Aquastar's or the car Aquastar's with water cooling that I know are recycled junk?

Hobby King is so funny. They sell a Sky Rc 120A Aquastar that is re-badged as a Swordfish on other sites. Then there is the recent 200A HV Lunchbox let down for $130. I can't believe people bought those with no programmer or anything and now HK is back peddling to fix the issues. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbauer View Post
    The Turnigy Aquastar's ARE JUNK.............Stay away from them, FOR NOW. I bought 2 of them for a really good price when they first came out, BEFORE all the hate and discontent went public. I think the 180's are still far superior. Hopefully they will work out the bugs.

I have done really well with Flier esc's. I had many many many issues with the Swordfish esc's, MANY. Keith can attest to my troubles with multiple failures and returns. I was 50/50 on free vs. pay.

They call me the black cloud for a reason tho..............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

I've never had a denied warranty from Castle, even Hobby King has warrantied a T180 ESC that wasn't as waterproof as claimed. Can't say the same for Swordfish, plus it cost an extra $40 in shipping to tell me it wasn't warrantied!

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Tell us how you really feel!? LOL... Kidding.

Which Aquastar's are you talking about? The HiFei Aquastar's or the car Aquastar's with water cooling that I know are recycled junk?

Hobby King is so funny. They sell a Sky Rc 120A Aquastar that is re-badged as a Swordfish on other sites. Then there is the recent 200A HV Lunchbox let down for $130. I can't believe people bought those with no programmer or anything and now HK is back peddling to fix the issues. Crazy.

Sorry, I should have clarified, yes, the Lunchbox....... I was beyond P.O.'d that they would release that without telling anyone that they short changed us. I wish I was late on hearing about those so that I could have been in the loop. Even after receiving the program box, they still don't function right.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123