Thread: Advice please! (Genesis hull, 6S, T180 + 1600kv)

Default Advice please! (Genesis hull, 6S, T180 + 1600kv)

Hello OSE,

First time poster, long time reader and must say what a great forum and community you have here.

I have just completed setting up my first boat and wanted to sanity check with you guys that my choice of lipo's are going to be sufficient for my setup.

ESC: Turnigy Marine 180A
    Motor: Dr Mad Thrust, 1600kv, 2400watt (100amp)
    Lipo: Turnigy Nano-Tech 4500mah 3S 25~50C (6S Series)
    Prop: 42mm 1.4pitch
    Hull: Genesis 1045mm

My reading of some of the existing threads leads me to believe that I should be ok, but I didn't want to live with regret if something did go wrong and I didn't ask the question to you guys who have alot more experience than I do.

I appreciate the assistance in advance!

Regards,

AJ

Settup looks nice, but your batteries will go poof. would be much bether with 4500 6S 25-50C in parallel.

If your going to use 2 4500mah 3s in series I would be looking at a min 45c batteries.

The reason your batteries will most likely fail is because of the low C rating. The 4500 mah 25C batteries will only allow about a 100A draw. Where a 4500 mah 45C will be closer to 200A....at least on paper. Actual results differ depending on the manufacture. If you have to buy new batteries might as well go for 5000 mah 45C. Two 3s packs fit well in that hull.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Thank you very much for the replies guys, based on your feedback I went ahead and ordered four 5000Mah, 45-90C nano-techs.

I had the chance to use them over the weekend and they performed excellently. Temps on the lipo's, ESC and motor were all great!