Thread: 25'' CF Mystic First Impressions

Default 25'' CF Mystic First Impressions

My hull came today and so far I'm impressed. Built by Radtek, the carbon fiber hull is 25'' exactly, 6.5'' wide, and weights 24oz. It's noticeably strong, there is no give on the sides and bottom of the sponsons and very little on the deck. The seam has a great fit and finish and would require very little before paint, however the gelcoat is near perfect and looks good the way it is. While there is sufficient room in the sponsons for twins, the transom mounting area is small and would require some creativity for the stingers. This hull would also make an awesome N-Cat with a single motor.
    http://keithbradleyboats.com/product/2357/

"There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Next to a 27'' Lynx

On the bow of my 59'' Outerlimits
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Joel, is this hull carbon fiber, or carbon fiber reinforced? 24oz is pretty portly, so it must be a heck of a solid layup. I like it for some applications, just concerned about the weight. I would have expected more in the 16-18oz range. Definitely would be a "survivor" in crashes!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

It is a carbon fiber hull with a gelcoat finish..... very solid layup.