Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The "Bling Rocket" build

Real change of venue here guys, I ended up in the bush a ways but it was nice to get out. I had to try the new Dasboata M447. Chris thinned and cupped it for me

As always bro, she's smokin' I like it Did you get any telemetry for comparison with the das 447 ?...

Telemetry is in the mail. I can't wait to deal with facts again.

Telemetry is good! Boats running great. No left turn fin? I'm shocked. I think I will do all my videos turning left. Need a left handed camera first

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    Telemetry is good! Boats running great. No left turn fin? I'm shocked. I think I will do all my videos turning left. Need a left handed camera first
    Haha, funny guy. Just habit from the race course.

And speaking of the Race Course I was playing around at ours Sunday. I was running the Dasboata M447 on 4s here

It ran good. Still a little choppy in the corners and a little light to be playing with the gas guys.

And then I had a pair of 3300mah 5s packs. I really think they are a bit light for the speed. Hence the 'chine'

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    And then I had a pair of 3300mah 5s packs. I really think they are a bit light for the speed. Hence the 'chine'

Looks good! Pretty quick!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Shawn, try putting a little more hull in the water by raising the strut a bit. Should settle the chine walk.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Also make sure the hull is balanced side to side. Being a little heavy on one side will induce chine walk...stuff you already know, just tossing it out there.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar View Post
    Also make sure the hull is balanced side to side. Being a little heavy on one side will induce chine walk...stuff you already know, just tossing it out there.
    Hi Joel. I've wondered about that. I assume you mean a static balance. How do you account for the torque from the prop making the one side seem heavier? Trim tab?

Quote Originally Posted by rickwess View Post
    Hi Joel. I've wondered about that. I assume you mean a static balance. How do you account for the torque from the prop making the one side seem heavier? Trim tab?
    It's more of Torque steer that is usually more predominant during acceleration and sometimes during let off especially with larger props. With a little practice I just use a little rudder input to keep her straight. If the prop is causing chine walk I would raise the strut or run a smaller prop. It's a balance between full tilt speed and drivability.

Quote Originally Posted by rickwess View Post
    Lay the motor over to one side slightly such as I did on this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar View Post
    Shawn, try putting a little more hull in the water by raising the strut a bit. Should settle the chine walk.

I just had the 5s packs there Joel. In all honesty, I forgot to bring the other pair for the Fantasm, DOH

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314