Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TFL Hobbies "Blade" Open Mono

Doby, You know looking at the bottom of that hull it looks like a bigger version of the Ariane that I bought .

Yes...it is bigger

Messing around with the CG....also made some stringers...

Blade CG 001.JPGBlade CG 002.JPGBlade CG 003.JPG

Doby, That 8th scale sport Hydro I built was designed to be a gas boat and I made some Delrin blocks and bolted the motor mount right to the stringers. DSC02304.jpgDSC02302.jpg You can just see in these pics

doby, when you buy direct do you have to handle shipping/customs? or do they? does payment have to be by bank to bank wire? they take orders for as few as 1-3 boats? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silvermansteve View Post
    doby, when you buy direct do you have to handle shipping/customs? or do they? does payment have to be by bank to bank wire? they take orders for as few as 1-3 boats? thanks.
    I'm not Doby but I think I can handle this question, They handle shipping/customs and all payments I've made have been through Paypal They will take orders for one boat at a time. I've bought three boats from them so far.

Depends on what you're after. There are guys selling their stuff in the states. I think Popeye and Pursuits will be available here soon. Stock is in transit kind of thing.

A boat like a Blade you have to get shipped. They just add it on to the cost to you. Kind of a pain but if they got it and you want it..........

I ordered a nice box of gear that way too. The shipping was a line item.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    I'm not Doby but I think I can handle this question, They handle shipping/customs and all payments I've made have been through Paypal They will take orders for one boat at a time. I've bought three boats from them so far.
    You never will be Doby....don't even try

Everything else you said was true as well, except for the part about buying them...I haven't had to yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    You never will be Doby....don't even try

Everything else you said was true as well, except for the part about buying them...I haven't had to yet!
    Yeah, where do I sign up for that not buying them deal? Must be nice...... (I wish I had that middle finger smiley)

At least you bozo's can run all year.....that makes up for the freebies!

At least you bozo's can run all year.....that makes up for the freebies!
    OK I'll give you that one.....

Progress was inspected today.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doby, fantastic work shop, man, I envy you!
    If I have an inspector like yours perhaps I would be more diligent as well...lol...
    Nice work on all your boats!

Well, ya got to be first to the plate number one. You have to dedicate yourself to the plan and execute without fail or too much favour.

Anyone could have done what Doby did, he just did it first. I think he has done a fine job and deserves what Monika does for him.

But.... I'm still with you on finding that smiley that suits the situation juuuust right

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Yeah, where do I sign up for that not buying them deal? Must be nice...... (I wish I had that middle finger smiley)
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks Ray:

TFL and Monica have been very generous to me...I can't complain.
    It looks like several others on here have had very good dealings with TFL as well.

Its nice to be able to talk directly to the manufacturer and have them reply and even listen, then add on great service from ordering to receiving the product at your door.

My "relationship" with Monica (TFL) started on another forum. She started a thread to introduce people to TFL's products, then some members attacked her for being a rep for a company (which she never tried to hide). Some were really being major idiots with the way they cut up her English language skills (which are a lot better than many who claim English as their first language). I PM'd her on that forum and basically told her to ignore the morons and hang in there.

One thing lead to another and here we are today. Its amazing what sometimes happens when you are nice to people.

Thanks Ray:

TFL and Monica have been very generous to me...I can't complain.
    It looks like several others on here have had very good dealings with TFL as well.

Its nice to be able to talk directly to the manufacturer and have them reply and even listen, then add on great service from ordering to receiving the product at your door.

My "relationship" with Monica (TFL) started on another forum. She started a thread to introduce people to TFL's products, then some members attacked her for being a rep for a company (which she never tried to hide). Some were really being major idiots with the way they cut up her English language skills (which are a lot better than many who claim English as their first language). I PM'd her on that forum and basically told her to ignore the morons and hang in there.

One thing lead to another and here we are today. Its amazing what sometimes happens when you are nice to people.
    Doby, we may get a chance to meet Monica this year, there's a trade show in Orlando and she will be there. She's going to let me know when it is, I think that would be really cool to meet someone from the other side of the world that you've only talked to in emails.

I have had the greatest time communicating with Monica, TFL was very generous when they learned my hull was damaged , I basically declined their offer of another hull with heavy discount and free shipping, reason being that I want to be honest and I told her I was able to fix it and I appreciate their gesture but we can all save some money by doing "nothing".
    I would buy again and my interest is the Libero Shovelnose. Anyone here also interested? I am curious to know if they can fit that with the welded one piece flex as well.

I'm trying to bug Monica for one of those as well.

Doby, as one of the Team TFL members in Canada you should invite her to your TFL work shop to record advertising video for the company...
    Ill hold the mike..... ;-)
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    As one of the Team TFL members in Canada you should invite her to your TFL work shop to record advertising video for the company...
    Ill hold the mike..... ;-)

I might have a concert in Aug. 2014 in Guan Zhou, I think the location is in the same city as TFL, may be I will pay them a visit and bring back some goodies...

Please remember me....

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post

I might have a concert in Aug. 2014 in Guan Zhou, I think the location is in the same city as TFL, may be I will pay them a visit and bring back some goodies...
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Wow, Peter is so cute and so cool!
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

Did some work on the water-cooling today......

I went with the yellow Tygon tubing in my 40" mono. I had some issues with silicone but, if it works for you that's all that matters.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Some updates:

I got this beast out the past few weekends...Robert (LiPo Power) took some video that's somewhere in here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGW6s-VtpEU ...check out around the 17 minute mark.

Some thoughts:
    1) Had some chine walking issues the first time out. Got those resolved today by relocating 2 of the 5S LiPos. Stable as a rock right now.
    2) The Castle 200 HV stays cool as a cucumber (around 75F)....of course with the water and air temps up here...everything does.
    3) The Proteus motor in the 750Kv winding setup is a beast and easily moves this large hull (Temps were around 84F).
    4) I'm running 10s2p, using some 2 year old 5000Mah 25C Turnigys, after 4 minutes of blasting around the pond, still have 35% left in the tank.
    5) The hulls airs out nicely, runs very dry so obviously helps with the temps and the amp draw.
    6) Speeds were GPS'd at 54 Mph with this prop....http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=cnc-5214350
    7) Speeds were GPS'd at 58 Mph with this prop....http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=cnc-5914350 (Temps were only a few degrees warmer with this prop)

So far I'm quite happy with this beast....might get some new LiPos to try before the Nats.

Hopefully will get some better vids and pics this coming weekend.

Some vids from today.

45" Blade vs 33"Delta Force......Big boats rule!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYy...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fhm...ature=youtu.be

Some Pics
    Last edited by Doby; 05-10-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Looks great!
    That is some rough water, how does the ESC hold up with part throttle like that? I need something like that for my trip to the Yellowstone national Park in the summer!

That thing is killer! Very nice in the rough water, looks to me like you got the set up just about right... Great Job

Yep, Chinese motors ain't too bad hey John I put on a 60mm HK CNC 2 blade prop after sharpening it and wow did my 40" mono light right up and not much more amp draw. Liking the SSS motor I got in there!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

There were no heat issues at all with the controller when running at only partial throttle.....I'm liking this boat more and more everytime I run it.

Ray with the wind and wave conditions, you could have put a 6" prop on any boat there with no heat issues....not much of any boats there on Saturday had much of the hull in the water!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast