Thread: Lets see your retrieval boats....

Default Lets see your retrieval boats....

Im building a retrieval boat cuz im tired of going swimming when my boat flips lol. Id like to see what you guys are using. Im rebuilding a nicely damaged hammer nitro I converted to electric. Using a brushed motor. The fork on the front will be like this

attachment.jpeg

I saw this on another forum. I love love love this setup. This guy did such an awesome job building this boat from scratch. Lets see what you guys use.

I'm new, but I've set up an Aquacraft Mini Alligator airboat with a drag line.........worked so far for a couple small boats, but not sure how well it will work for larger boats. Drag line is a couple leaders hanging off the back that meet at center to a ~8-10ft fishing line that ends with a treble hook. A couple bobbers are attached to keep the line and treble near the surface to snag the dead boat's hardware.
    I started with an airboat for the situation of being able to avoid seaweed.

There are a couple threads about this topic already. :)

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I'm new, but I've set up an Aquacraft Mini Alligator airboat with a drag line.........worked so far for a couple small boats, but not sure how well it will work for larger boats. Drag line is a couple leaders hanging off the back that meet at center to a ~8-10ft fishing line that ends with a treble hook. A couple bobbers are attached to keep the line and treble near the surface to snag the dead boat's hardware.
    I started with an airboat for the situation of being able to avoid seaweed.

There are a couple threads about this topic already. :)
    The threads ive found are old with lots of dead links. I wanted to see what people had going on with current technology anyway.

it's cool. and i see this kind of boat for the first time. can i make it by my self?

Still running my tug in a box, it works great. This one is a Vac-U-tow. I've tried a few different setups, the smaller Vac-U-Tug and I used a Villain Ex for a few years but the tug boat props work a lot better at low speeds.

I repowered a 44" Dumas Coast Guard boat for a buddy to use with a towed line and hook. Our pond can get a little weedy and I was a little worried about getting hung up in the weeds with that setup.

Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.