Thread: "New" Castle Creations 6.5mm Connector sets...

Default "New" Castle Creations 6.5mm Connector sets...

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I've ordered a number of them, have them on hand, and am setting up a couple boats in the immediate future with them. I liked the ability to have housings for protection and gripping, rather than bullets which are harder to grip easily and have short risk.

The downside is that they are BIG. Thus, if you are space-constrained, these are not your solution.

Not that I'm overly experienced with FE, but just my two cents. ME by career and always looking for convenience/efficient solutions. These just seemed easier to me while still offering big bullet performance.

Had them for months now. Only downside I've dealt with is they can be very tight, and hard to push in, and pull out sometimes. Other than that they're awesome.

I run them on my boats.

very hard to pull apart at first.. after a couple uses they get easier to seperate but still have plenty of tension

I ordered some a few weeks ago at my lhs and then he found out last week they are back ordered. I ended up going with ec5 connectors instead. Im glad I did plus I dont have to order them.

They look pretty nice, problem with them is if you run packs in series you have to add in extra connectors for the wiring harness.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by SloHD View Post
    Had them for months now. Only downside I've dealt with is they can be very tight, and hard to push in, and pull out sometimes. Other than that they're awesome.
    Use DeoxIT contact lube great stuff. http://www.all-spec.com/products/Lub...ricant|LUB-04/
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

check out Advantage Hobbies.http://www.advantagehobby.com/
    due back in 10/15/13

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Use DeoxIT contact lube great stuff. http://www.all-spec.com/products/Lub...ricant|LUB-04/
    I love the stuff. Use it in my SAW boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I love the stuff. Use it in my SAW boats.

Would this stuff make mating/pulling apart those amazingly tight 8mm Castle bullets easier ? If so I'm ordering some
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I actually ended up liking the ec5 connectors. Not overly large and while they do hold together well, they come apart plenty easy enough. I bought them out of desperation and now im glad I did. I swapped all my stuff to them

I love the EC3 and EC5's in my airplanes.

Tony, PM me your address. I have a almost empty can I can send you to try. Though it's the spray so the 8's may slide easier but your fingers may also. LOL

Just use needle nose pliers and bend them till your happy with the tension. Makes every bullet connector the same in terms of ease of plugging in.