Thread: Revolt 30 on 5s

Default Revolt 30 on 5s

Has anyone tried their Revolt on 5s? What changes do you need to make? ESC? Ect?

When they first came out a friend and I ran it on 5s ALL Stock, we ended up using Octura 440/3 props for a while. The 1800's and esc's went into a Ms. Geico dual motor conversion which is still running on 5s.

Then we changed the motors to the 2030kv's and ran 4s

About 2 weeks ago I ran the 2030kv on 5s with a cnc 45mm prop and a swordfish ESC, It worked great & the temps were normal, I was running next to the guys on 4s with the LEO 2200kv guys.

When you ran the stock set up on 5s did you make and changes besides the prop? Disconnect the BEC? How was the heat? and how was the change? Speed wise?

Friend of mine runs his revolt on 5s with a seaking 120a and an x445 prop. Mine on 4s with a 3674 2200kv leopard and a m545.

His is close in speed to mine, but you can tell the difference in torque between the two motors and you can tell the RPM difference between the two.

I have an extra 5s 3500mah Sky Lipo I am not using on anything right now. Is there much difference in speed from 4s-5s? Besides changing the plug end to accept 1 battery would I need to make any other changes? Bigger ESC? Disconnect the BEC? Anything else? I don't want to fry anything and cannot afford a larger esc at this time.

If you cant afford to fix it, dont run it on the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    If you cant afford to fix it, dont run it on the edge
    Ya, that is pretty much what I was thinking.

It's all trial and error. What works for one might not work for the other. If you are going to try it. Do short runs check your temps and prop accordingly.

Otherwise what's the C rating on these 5's? I'm down to 1 5s. As left one in the car and it is PUFFED. Hasn't one down in a week now. Might be in the market for a new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelnoserc View Post
    It's all trial and error. What works for one might not work for the other. If you are going to try it. Do short runs check your temps and prop accordingly.

Otherwise what's the C rating on these 5's? I'm down to 1 5s. As left one in the car and it is PUFFED. Hasn't one down in a week now. Might be in the market for a new pair.
    Just pulled it out. It is a Sky Lipo 5s 3300mah 30c 60burst and is in very good condition. No puffing... May be willing to trade for something or sell. All of my boats run on 4s.
    Miss Elam
    SVr
    Revolt 30

Im running my revolt with a m545 on 4s with stock electrics and it made a big diference. A freind of mine with smaller prop and a 2200 leopard t180 delta force 26 where side by side. So just change the prop and you will see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

there is a pretty big difference between 4s and 5s i dont even run my revolt on 4s any more and well im trying to keep up with cinnabun's beast of a revolt i might try and put a 3674 2650 in the boat but i dont know how it will run

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    there is a pretty big difference between 4s and 5s i dont even run my revolt on 4s any more and well im trying to keep up with cinnabun's beast of a revolt i might try and put a 3674 2650 in the boat but i dont know how it will run
    4sdash-did you mae any changes to go to 5s?

speed controller ,different prop but cinnabun basiclly built this boat for me he would be the right oe to ask my friend

4s's boat has a seaking 120, X445 (detongued, cupped, sharpened and balanced), OSE upgrade shaft, sharpened all the hardware, re-routed and bigger water lines, dropped the tabs a tiny bit and brought the strut up 1mm.

He wants to drop in a leopard 3674 2200kv and run 4s. I keep telling him to leave well enough alone.

If you want 5S, highly recommend a 120-180A ESC and a smaller prop.
    Chief

Ok so I have been planning on running my revolt on 5s... I have a 120a esc and have been trying to figure out what motor to put in it... Got it narrowed down to a Leo 3674 but I am not sure what kv to go for and how to even decided. Initially I was going to go 1700 but I don't even have a reson why? Can anyone help?
    Revolt 30 60kms/h, Mystic 29 77.1 kms/h, UL 1 Superior
    X blaze - still building
    Impulse 17 - not worth GPS. Lol (rescue boat)

Has anyone else ran there stock revolt on 5s?? And what they did or prop they used????

i tried a lucas oil (same motor /esc ) on 5s (disconnected the bec)
    43 mm cnc prop
    worked flawless ;esc and motor handeld the extra voltage but 43mm was about the max
    safer: starting with a 40 mm and check the temps

just remind that the cut-off become useless on 5s!

Erickyam did you buy or build that prop saver? That thing is awesome!