Thread: Add 2nd water cooler line to motor

Default Add 2nd water cooler line to motor

I'm a newbie so be kind.

I want to add a 2nd water line to my motor, pick, etc. The motor is running about 135 which I know isn't hot but I would still like to add one.

Any suggestions? Parts, etc. that I would need.

I'm running stock parts now.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

SV or UL-1 rudder blade is a direct replacement with watercooling, keep the sponson pickup. I ran my second intake line though the "exit" on the back of the boat and ran the exits through the side of the boat where I can see the water exiting when I drive by.
    Made my own exits using large pop rivets with brass tubing epoxied in, they are long enough to go through the hull and inner tub, just had to drill straight through and epoxy the outlets in place. Look just like store bough ones from the outside.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Rick,

I too found that the UL-1 / SV27 rudder with a built-in pickup was a direct bolt-on replacement BUT the pickup was rather high up in the blade. I lowered the pickup (a fairly tricky job) but ended up bolting on a spare Speedmaster rudder with an enlarged orifice I had laying around.

june 2012275.JPG june 2012296.JPG

june 2012130.JPG

With some scraps laying around, I made a simple propwash pickup which works great

DSC04639.JPG

Keep in mind that watercooling, while nice to have, won't cure an overstressed setup. Stay in the "safe zone" and enjoy the MC ; it's a great boat
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks for the info.

see my Motley Crew for sale on the forum under items for sale
    I added dual pickups you might like them

gk

Interesting. Picked up the UL-1 rudder blade. How do you get the blasted pin out of the stock blade pivot to replace it with the UL-1blade?? All set screws out and cannot get pin out.

Quote Originally Posted by Navherc130 View Post
    Interesting. Picked up the UL-1 rudder blade. How do you get the blasted pin out of the stock blade pivot to replace it with the UL-1blade?? All set screws out and cannot get pin out.
    See pictures: post #7
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...778#post535778