Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2014 AZ WW X February 21st-23rd

Funny, I asked him the same thing earlier today.
    Noisy person

My boys have most of the footage edits done, but hit a stumbling block when the computer ran out of memory. Wife won't delete stuff to free up memory and wants me to get a new computer for them. I'm thinking the computer just needs more memory.

I've been at a stand-still ever since. But, I'm set to get it done, so will come up with a family solution shortly.

boat stuff? computer? electricity? phone bill? car payment? mortgage? hmmmmmmm, spend the money on boat stuff the other stuff has a way of figuring itself out!!!!!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Dude, just get a terra drive. They're a 100 bucks. Back up a bunch of stuff.
    Noisy person

Could be a RAM shortage. My computer gives a "not enough memory" message when I'm trying to process RAW pics in Photoshop. Got almost 2tb of blank hard drive, but the system is maxed at 16 gig of RAM.

Finally got the wife to order some memory. We'll see if that does it. She got tired of the quad copter completely disassembled on the dining room table as the boys rig it with a gimbal that needs a download (and no memory to download the download).

Well, my boys have a new laptop. Here's the video! I'm proud of their work. This was the first time filming moving objects with the quad copter. They learned a lot and will have a better filming strategy the next time. Also, their High School Video Productions class came in handy with the editing.

A special thanks to Adrien "Penske" Gambino for putting a lot of his equipment on the water to get some nice shots. His boats handled well with the camera, but he did give up speed and handling for our benefit.

awesome footage..hopefully they will do it again..i think I have some big multirotors to come out and do next year..nice footage

They did a great job Dave!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

OMG! This is Awesome!!!! Your boys and Adrien did a fantastic job!

Found myself grinning like a lunatic.

Thank the boys for us Dave. It's pretty great.
    Noisy person

I saw at least a dozen lane violations... LOL (I am kidding)

Way Kewl stuff. I am still at the hovering stage with my helicopters. Maybe someday I can fly like that.

Later,
    Ball

I could have filled 3:45 with better driving, but that would have been kind of boring. Funny thing is that having a different POV points out things that you may not necessarily see on the drivers stand, or at least not be nearly as concerned about. Also, Adrien's boat was a bit of a marker because of the equipment he was hauling, so there were a few times we drove around him like you would an old lady doing 50 mph in the fast lane on the freeway. However, Ted (High Plains Drifter-West Coast) McKay got busted on camera doing his S turns during the mill!

What was interesting about the quad copter hovering over the race (they filmed about 8 heats), was that it was dang near invisible to the drivers. You couldn't hear it, and it was just high enough to be out of your line of sight. I found myself actually looking for it during a few heats to make sure the boys were flying it well, which they were.

thats cool.. we need to do instant replay after every race and hand out penalty's. LOL
    seasoned newbie

It's June now. I would still be doing penalty laps today.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    It's June now. I would still be doing penalty laps today.
    true.. you would probably be better of just cd'ing with me. LOL
    seasoned newbie

I'm a terrible CD. Almost as bad as me being pit man. I want to just watch the racing.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I'm a terrible CD. Almost as bad as me being pit man. I want to just watch the racing.
    So true, he even gets confused as to who he is actually pitting for!
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Quote Originally Posted by tjcast View Post
    So true, he even gets confused as to who he is actually pitting for!
    ya he has pitted me before.. I think sometimes he even has a hard time watching his own boat during a race. might explain all the cut markers. LOL
    seasoned newbie

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678