Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hor sss motors vs TP Power

Default Hor sss motors vs TP Power

Default Hello

Hello Jack,

We just realized that you are the ID "twissed" on RC forums. Apologies for yesterday's argument on RCuniverse, and hope that it won't hurt you. If yes, we didn't mean that. One of our employee saw that post by accident when she was trying to figure out the motor set-up for a 41'' cat. She was surprised that a brand we never heard was claimed to be custom-made by TP. After more search, she found that you mentioned this in several forums, and we thought it was necessary to make some clarification.

Last night we got information from another boater and confirmed how this rumor began. He ascribed part of the responsibility to himself by starting this saying, because he thought the sss looks "very similar" to our motors. In fact, we have taken apart a lot of motors, including Neu, and honestly speaking, they do not have big difference in the design and building, because this has been a mature industry. However, according to our experience, the materials inside the motor plays a key role, and we are always using the best materials we could find to our motors. We won't say sss is bad because we never know them and test them, but just trying to stop the saying that TP is OEM for other brand. I hope you can understand.

We sincerely apologize that we thought you are the starter of this rumor, and hope you can have good experience with TP Power. If you need a motor in the future, we can offer you a test boater discount, maybe price-match to the sss motor you like? We are confident with our products and will continue to make them better and better.

Sincerely,
    TPPOWER
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

smileday

smileday is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Hello

Some response will be posted corresponding to that thread. We never worry about that since the Europe market has prove the improvement of quality. We will let data talk.

Quote Originally Posted by twissted

Quote Originally Posted by smileday

Hello Jack,

We just realized that you are the ID "twissed" on RC forums. Apologies for yesterday's argument on RCuniverse, and hope that it won't hurt you. If yes, we didn't mean that. One of our employee saw that post by accident when she was trying to figure out the motor set-up for a 41'' cat. She was surprised that a brand we never heard was claimed to be custom-made by TP. After more search, she found that you mentioned this in several forums, and we thought it was necessary to make some clarification.

Last night we got information from another boater and confirmed how this rumor began. He ascribed part of the responsibility to himself by starting this saying, because he thought the sss looks "very similar" to our motors. In fact, we have taken apart a lot of motors, including Neu, and honestly speaking, they do not have big difference in the design and building, because this has been a mature industry. However, according to our experience, the materials inside the motor plays a key role, and we are always using the best materials we could find to our motors. We won't say sss is bad because we never know them and test them, but just trying to stop the saying that TP is OEM for other brand. I hope you can understand.

We sincerely apologize that we thought you are the starter of this rumor, and hope you can have good experience with TP Power. If you need a motor in the future, we can offer you a test boater discount, maybe price-match to the sss motor you like? We are confident with our products and will continue to make them better and better.

Sincerely,
    TPPOWER
    Hey your problems are going to get worse as some have posted that the quality has gone down as of late. I hope that things turn around for you. I don't know the difference other than you putting a sticker on the motor than the ones I have been buying from horracing. I think that your venders must be on the same page. So if you are then wouldn't that make the motors the same.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Default Horracing vs TP Power

Quote Originally Posted by twissted
    Hello Jack,

Sincerely,
    TPPOWER
    I would like to try a pair of your 5850 motors to run on 8s in my new boat build. with water jackets They sell for 105.00 with the jackets.
    Please tell me what KV you want and let me check the stock.

Sincerely,
    TPPOWER[/QUOTE]
    I would like to try a pair of your 5850 motors to run on 8s in my new boat build. with water jackets They sell for 105.00 with the jackets.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me what KV you want and let me check the stock.[/QUOTE]

Then he came back with this response when I asked for a 1200 kv motor or as close as he could.

Hi Jack,

I have an 1150 kv 5850 in stock. However, we ran out of the corresponding water cooling jacket.

I have communicated with our manager, and we changed our mind to match our price to the sss you have. The reason is our motors are not overpriced. The price reflects the quality and it is not necessary to price-match with other brands to demonstrate ourselves.

However, we would like to give you this motor for free, because of our misunderstanding on you, and we don't want any one of our customer to feel uncomfortable with us. Another reason is, since you get it for free, you may be more bold to test it under extreme conditions on our specs, since you won't lose anything. This is the effective way to tell the difference between a high-performance motor for demanding race and a normal motor. Do you have a tool to test the RMP of motors?

It is fine that you are the fan of other motors, because different people have different flavor and need. If you would like to take this motor, please pm me your address, then it will be on the way soon.

Best,
    Junlin

W.t.f.??????

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    Then he came back with this response when I asked for a 1200 kv motor or as close as he could.

Hi Jack,

I have an 1150 kv 5850 in stock. However, we ran out of the corresponding water cooling jacket.

I have communicated with our manager, and we changed our mind to match our price to the sss you have. The reason is our motors are not overpriced. The price reflects the quality and it is not necessary to price-match with other brands to demonstrate ourselves.

However, we would like to give you this motor for free, because of our misunderstanding on you, and we don't want any one of our customer to feel uncomfortable with us. Another reason is, since you get it for free, you may be more bold to test it under extreme conditions on our specs, since you won't lose anything. This is the effective way to tell the difference between a high-performance motor for demanding race and a normal motor. Do you have a tool to test the RMP of motors?

It is fine that you are the fan of other motors, because different people have different flavor and need. If you would like to take this motor, please pm me your address, then it will be on the way soon.

Best,
    Junlin
    Great deal true R&D here's the motor try and kill it!
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Ok here is my response to all this. I offered to pay for the motors and yes I have the equipment to test the kv and put both motors under the same conditions. As for asking to get the same kv is the only way to test fair. Backing out shows that ether the motors are the same or they have something to hide. I would think that offering the motors at the same cost as the SSS line is fair also. Backing out if the motors are built the same would be wise. But now people will buy SSS motors if this is true.
    It is in poor taste to offer something and then back out!
    Not standing up to what your willing state that the motors are not made by you and that they are a better motor, yet backing out when ask to send a motor that is very much the same.
    So stand up to the plate and lets see the difference. I not only can test these motors in a boat but also in a 1/5 scale buggy or 1/5 truck. I have other motors that I can stack up to as well (skyrc X524).

P.S. I would very much like to put these motors up against the other motors that are in it's class. I like the fact that it was offered to me. I don't like being lied too.

I know? W.T.F.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    W.t.f.??????

The company ask me. and in kind I took them up on the offer. Then when asked to send a 5850 in 1200 kv or as close as possible the game changed.

We are not backing out. I would like to offer an free motor and need you to make it to extreme and finally burn it.

If you would like to burn two motors at your own cost, we have no problem.

The other reason is I just have one motor you want in stock :)

Ok here is my response to all this. I offered to pay for the motors and yes I have the equipment to test the kv and put both motors under the same conditions. As for asking to get the same kv is the only way to test fair. Backing out shows that ether the motors are the same or they have something to hide. I would think that offering the motors at the same cost as the SSS line is fair also. Backing out if the motors are built the same would be wise. But now people will buy SSS motors if this is true.
    It is in poor taste to offer something and then back out!
    Not standing up to what your willing state that the motors are not made by you and that they are a better motor, yet backing out when ask to send a motor that is very much the same.
    So stand up to the plate and lets see the difference. I not only can test these motors in a boat but also in a 1/5 scale buggy or 1/5 truck. I have other motors that I can stack up to as well (skyrc X524).

P.S. I would very much like to put these motors up against the other motors that are in it's class. I like the fact that it was offered to me. I don't like being lied too.

Ok send it I will test it as you want I also have the test equipment to show heat amp draw and kv. On video it will show run times as well.
    212 Continental Hts.
    Grand Coulee, WA. 99133
    I have 5 SSS motors 3 are the SSS5694 1200kv and 2 are the 3674 2075kv I bought some water jacket from you guys and they are very high quality. I installed them on some HK 4075 1200kv that I just installed in my 42'' Zonda catamaran. I wanted to test the TP 5850 motor in my 56'' cat but I can test With A 56" deep vee hull and get the results I need. Also I have some bad boy 1/5 brushless Buggy and Truck that will really test this motor. I just hope the 200 amp esc will hold up. I also have the Castle XL2 that can be used. I will break the motors down as well. Posted and also video. Should be a lot of fun. Thank you!

Hell if TP Power wants to give away that BEAST FOR FREE I got a home for it.

I got a 42" Osprey that needs a more suitable power plant. The 920kv version would be better for my purpose though. Although Im not against abusing the hell out of either motor (for free). I would provide a fair an unbiased review as well. Much like I will do when I get my other motor in the boat and on the water.

It would be nice to replace the purported TP Power motor I showed Lie Fang Tam @ the Toledo show with a true TP Power product. (I probably got the name spelled wrong- sorry)
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

The company ask me. and in kind I took them up on the offer. Then when asked to send a 5850 in 1200 kv or as close as possible the game changed.
    I lulz at this entire thread.

Seriously... Whats the difference between 1200kv and 1150kv? 50kv...

Now when you put this on a kv meter do you think they are REALLY going to read 1200kv and 1150kv EXACTLY?

Again I lulz. Honestly I cant comprehend WHY they would give you one for free then get complained about it.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

At first I was paying for the cost of a SSS motor and that would be 105.00 with the water jacket installed. It wasn't free. I also have to burn both motors up doing the same test. This is very hard on the esc and batteries and the boat or car that it will be in. Since it is only one motor my buggy will be the best way to smoke these motors if it is possible. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very costly test. Not a free motor as you see it.
    These are big and powerfull motors. It will be quit the test!

I fail to read anywhere that TP Power said you must burn up their motors. They did say if it was free you might be more inclined to test it beyond what you normally would...

First.. you need to build a boat that can complete a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    First.. you need to build a boat that can complete a run.
    this and another thread I'm having a hard time keeping up. Am I the only one thinking something is fishey here?

There's something fishy in all his posts. It is pretty entertaining tho.

this and another thread I'm having a hard time keeping up. Am I the only one thinking something is fishey here?
    Awww, forget what I said previously, its Friday, too windy for the fast cat and I'm in need of entertainment. So I'm sitting back with beer, batteries charging for tomorrow and got the iPad. Lol!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have just the boat. My very fist boat. I bought it off ebay in April or May of last year.

spray can alley!

This thing will suck the power out of them.

I have some monster props that will heat things up as well.

Can you think of anything that I can add to the test or want to see?

Well to clear up the confusion, the whole story is like this:

By accident I found twiss mention in several forum that sss motor is made by TP Power but actually not, because we don't do OEM, only make motors for our own brand. Then I argue with him in another forum. But later we found that twissed is not the starter of this rumor and kind of feel apologies to blame him. In the first PM message I promise him to price match a motor for him and want to make him fell comfortable. In his reply, he asked for a pair of 5850 motors, but actually I just have one in stock, and also I only promise one in my original email.

I communicate with the sales manager in China and she was kind of angry and asked why we should price match our products with some brand we didn't even heard about. Well, now it comes to my fault to make such promise. But with only one motor twissed can not test the motor on his boat. Then I come up with the idea that I can give one motor to him, and let him to push it to extreme to see how good the quality it is. Even it burn at some point, twissed won't lose any money. Of course, I have to pay for this motor out of my own pocket.

Now, both sides are blame me. And even worse, twissed says our company are hiding somthing. I feel very bad about this. But still I will keep my promise

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    I lulz at this entire thread.

Seriously... Whats the difference between 1200kv and 1150kv? 50kv...

Now when you put this on a kv meter do you think they are REALLY going to read 1200kv and 1150kv EXACTLY?

Again I lulz. Honestly I cant comprehend WHY they would give you one for free then get complained about it.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The "build" thread on RCU was pretty wild too. Does it bother anyone that a motor will be "tested" by a guy who has only had one working boat, and that his "innovative" build had the wrong wind flex installed?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by smileday View Post
    Well to clear up the confusion, the whole story is like this:

By accident I found twiss mention in several forum that sss motor is made by TP Power but actually not, because we don't do OEM, only make motors for our own brand. Then I argue with him in another forum. But later we found that twissed is not the starter of this rumor and kind of feel apologies to blame him. In the first PM message I promise him to price match a motor for him and want to make him fell comfortable. In his reply, he asked for a pair of 5850 motors, but actually I just have one in stock, and also I only promise one in my original email.

I communicate with the sales manager in China and she was kind of angry and asked why we should price match our products with some brand we didn't even heard about. Well, now it comes to my fault to make such promise. But with only one motor twissed can not test the motor on his boat. Then I come up with the idea that I can give one motor to him, and let him to push it to extreme to see how good the quality it is. Even it burn at some point, twissed won't lose any money. Of course, I have to pay for this motor out of my own pocket.

Now, both sides are blame me. And even worse, twissed says our company are hiding somthing. I feel very bad about this. But still I will keep my promise
    There are people who would appreciate your gesture...
    There are people who would give you their business in return...
    There are people who are experienced and can actually make a valid determination...
    There are people who already use your motors and would likely do a review on multiple forums...
    There are people who have experience with more than just ONE MOTOR to draw a comparison...

If you're interested in promoting your product this way, you should start a thread and ask people why they should be given the opportunity. There are people on this forum that would react much differently to the offer you made.
    I believe that Steven is okay with this activity as well, although it would of course be best to check first.

I might be off here but,,, if a company is going to "test" their product by getting the feed back from an unknown source "twisted" with a simple kv reader and no imperial data or controlled testing equipment then I can tell you that I will NEVER purchase ANY product from such a company. Period.

As I said in the previous post, test is not the original purpose. Giving the motor to twissed is my appologize to him by blaming him starting a rumor but actually he was not. I need to pay this motor by myself. Currently our company have only three testers in United States: one is properchopper as a boater, the other two are used to be F5D pilots in US national team.

I might be off here but,,, if a company is going to "test" their product by getting the feed back from an unknown source "twisted" with a simple kv reader and no imperial data or controlled testing equipment then I can tell you that I will NEVER purchase ANY product from such a company. Period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast