Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TFL Hobbies "Popeye" Hydro: P-Sport Hydro

Should fit without any issues.

Got my 2200 kv motor last night, installed it and will try it out this afternoon!

So went out yesterday and and left everything the same (setup wise) and hit 56.2 on the old GPS...not bad and everything was just warm to the touch after 6 laps around our clubs pond. Timing was set to 0 and I forgot my programming box at home...apparently these motors like 15deg. Set it to 15 last night and will run it again this weekend. the winds were about 10 Mph with only a ripple on the pond...perfectly stable and no sponson walking etc...nice wide full speed turns with no bad tendencies. Hoping for a bit more chop next time out to better simulate race water conditions.

Will have to get some more aggressive props to try next season. Once I see what the timing will do for me, that should be just about all she wrote for this year.

Maybe Monday we get together right? Do you bring a gas Gen. or no? You have lipos coming out your butt.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Yup, Monday..I usually bring along the arsenal of pre-charged LiPos.

Doby, which 2200kv motor are you using? I see from other thread that you are only running 4s1p. I just want to learn as much as I could before mine arrives later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Doby, which 2200kv motor are you using? I see from other thread that you are only running 4s1p. I just want to learn as much as I could before mine arrives later this month.
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...o-4074&cat=148

Thanks, just what I wanted to know , wasn't sure if it's the 4074 or 4082.

wow boat finally gets to post office in home town and instead of leaveing it on porch I get a must sign for package slip....I am out of town for next 2 weeks guess its a call to the post office tomorrow see if they can leave it with neighbor
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Hi Doby.
    As 'Team TFL', I'm surprised you don't give the TFL 4074 2200kv motor a try. In my opinion they are a much better motor than the leopard. At least all the ones I've tried are. From a little 2960/ 2880kv up to a 4082 2200kv. More efficient, more power & cooler running.
    Monica will sell them direct. Ask her to send you the complete motor list.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by 785boats; 10-12-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Hi Paul,
    the one Monica is sending me is w/o the motor but with all hardware installed, now you got me thinking, what motor diameter does the stock mount accept? I was going to use a Leopard 4074 2200kv that I had, but on their web it says the motor is a 36-60 sized can, did you special order yours to have the TFL 4074?
    Thanks,
    Tim

I actually ordered a 4082 2200kv with mine. All that's needed is to get a 40mm tail ring & it bolts straight in. BUT, the 70mm cooling can that came with it won't fit between the ring & the mount, So I've had to use a 50mm long cooler. The battery & ESC still get hotter than the motor, which is only just warm.

Has anyone tried this hull setup for P-sport Hydro on a 1/6 mile oval course? Our course close by is only a short course.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Got my boat today Nice quality paint etc Only thing i am changeing is the stuffing tube seal like doby did with j b weld got my neu 1515 2200 to fit but really had to rebend the tube One peace flex did well T180 is soldered up and ready got to fix the aq turn fin still

May I ask you the reason for re-bending the stuffing tube?

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    I actually ordered a 4082 2200kv with mine. All that's needed is to get a 40mm tail ring & it bolts straight in. BUT, the 70mm cooling can that came with it won't fit between the ring & the mount, So I've had to use a 50mm long cooler. The battery & ESC still get hotter than the motor, which is only just warm.
    Thanks for the info! One last thing, did you run 4s1p or 4s2p?
    Sorry for all the pestering!

No Problem.
    Only 1P allowed here in Australia for racing.

Well with th larger motor the angle was way off so had to get that right tryed everything i could think of before doing it Its not hard to do its just laying in there then j b weld it the angle u need Now iam worried the cg may be too far back But have to wait and see

Just in case...
    Is never enough.....
    And second on Ron's opinion on the top of that...
    Also, floatation, floatation, floatation.... :-)

Attached Images Attached Images
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

No Problem.
    Only 1P allowed here in Australia for racing.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    Well with th larger motor the angle was way off so had to get that right tryed everything i could think of before doing it Its not hard to do its just laying in there then j b weld it the angle u need Now iam worried the cg may be too far back But have to wait and see
    I see, thanks for the heads up as I too want to drop a bigger motor.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Just in case...
    Is never enough.....
    And second on Ron's opinion on the top of that...
    Also, floatation, floatation, floatation.... :-)
    Yeah! Love that JB Weld job, looks great, I will copy that as well and remember to add floataion!
    Thanks guys!

wish my yellow boat didnt have all this writing all over it lol my own fault as monica showed me pics of it before shipping .....now got the flex cut to right lenth..(alwasys a good thing) modified the motor mount with a drill to get better motor angle still lol.....had to sand the rudder so it would fit between the rudder brackets and swing freely...mock up the t180 position and battery placement...looks as if battery will have to be way forward to get decent cg....only real problem so far is that 2 or 3 of the set screws are missing// makes it harder to complete...lhs had the set screws so that's all over...
    Last edited by ron1950; 10-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.

now set up the esc and find a place to put the rx and I guess ill be done

Ron.
    In mine there was a small RX tray to the right of the motor under the deck. Is there not one in yours? Also there was some foam cut & fitted in each sponson. I would have thought they all come like that.But extra foam is still needed.
    Here's a couple of pics of the layout in mine. You can just see edge of the balloon around the RX at the edge of the deck in the first pic. The second one shows the RX & the foam.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well I am back on the road again so cant look at it now but if there was a rx tray I never saw it lol....glued a small 1/4 plywood slab to the floor and velcroed the mr3000 rx to it....wont get a chance to run it till the 24th .....

btw if u are using the stock motor mount and running a 40 mm motor like the 4074 or nue 1515 u will need this http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=ose-80600-RC

and u may need a short water cooling can as there is not much room between the braceing

Monica says mine will be done 10/20 I got the green one with no lettering except the TFL logo on the rear, All hardware 40mm motor mount, no electronics. I'm Going bulletproof on electronics, Swordfish 220A ESC and Neu 1515 1y 2200kv motor, Savox SW 0231SG waterproof servo. should work good for my first P Sport Hydro.

sounds good flap where do u run in fla?

Ron.
    In mine there was a small RX tray to the right of the motor under the deck. Is there not one in yours? Also there was some foam cut & fitted in each sponson. I would have thought they all come like that.But extra foam is still needed.
    Here's a couple of pics of the layout in mine. You can just see edge of the balloon around the RX at the edge of the deck in the first pic. The second one shows the RX & the foam.
    How do you do the leads through the side of the hull for your + lead?

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    sounds good flap where do u run in fla?
    Well I just started with RC boats not to long ago, I'll be running @ Ackerman park with West Fl Model Boat Club and I test @ Bennett park in Bradenton

cool I am a member there also....ill be down there in dec hopefully....I know some others in the club that are going to get this boat so will be fun...

Here's a shot of Roberts at speed in a corner..and a few others.. Just realized these pics should have gone in the P-Spec thread...oh well, nice pics anyway!

boxwood 006.jpgboxwood 010.jpgboxwood 011.jpg
    Last edited by Doby; 10-15-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast