Thread: Need some help with motor timing

Default Need some help with motor timing

Well I decided to return the Proboat 1500kv replacement motors that I was going to use in my Impulse31 and Blackjack 29 boats. After returning them I ordered two Leo 4074 1650kv motors and the upgraded flex cables from OSE. Steven has already sent me out 2 SeaKing 180amp esc's and 2 Octura m445 props, thanks Steven for the fast shipping. The Leo 4074 and 180amp esc seems to be the best system for running these boats on 6 cell (two 3 cell packs in series) as im after reliability as well as speed. I come from the truck and heli world in RC but have no idea about where to set the timing at for these motors on 6 cell. I have the Hobby wing programming card to set it with just not sure were to set it. I will be running the same set-up in both hulls. Im really looking forward to getting these boats on the water, hopefully before freeze up starts.

That is a 'D' wind motor, set the timing at low (0-5*). Advancing timing on 'D' motors does little to nothing for performance. It does help 'Y' wind motor performance.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks for the info Fluid, my programming card has two options for low setting, 0 and 3.75 . I will set it at the 3.75 setting. When the motors come in I am planning on stripping out the hull and adding some extra fiberglass reinforcement and perhaps some extra floatation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    That is a 'D' wind motor, set the timing at low (0-5*). Advancing timing on 'D' motors does little to nothing for performance. It does help 'Y' wind motor performance.