Thread: East coast bash NY state

Default East coast bash NY state

hey guys my name is Mike I run my boats on Lake Ronkonkoma about 1 hr east of NY city. With temps beginning to drop I was wondering who out there would like to run boats end of October/November date to be set based on what works for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTictQMtmus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAe5p-DtJvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ceDRS1NxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5YKD7BNQKs

This is a big lake and has seen quite a few 100+ mph FE boats. Conditions are variable but we run from a few different points finding good water is usually do able. anyway I hope there is some interest, we run everything from monos to oval to cats. I live a half hour from the lake my friend chris on here lives even closer so we have 2 people so far in the area.

send me a pm or post here thanks guys!

After October my weekend schedule will open up.

nice yah same, alright cool. oh and i changed my timing and water cooling temps went down some 25 degrees not a bad morning of running.

i really want to see how the fantasm does with the square drives

I'm also good on weekends for mid-late October as well as first couple weeks of November.
    My name is Rick btw and I'm probably 30-40 mins away.

nice yeah same with me the end of october and into november before thanksgiving. im going to pm some people i remember had interest in a meet too and see how many people would want to go with us too. my name is mike btw.

OK Mike. Hopefully we can have a nice gathering but either way I'm looking forward to seeing some fast boats.

I hope you guys are careful running with those plastic canoes out there, I would not be inviting a big gathering to that lake that might not be a good idea, lakes are getting taken away all the time and I don't want to have any problems running there, as if the weather is nice over the winter I will be there did you come to my house for some props ? Chris

no i haven't bought props from you, chris do you mainly run gas boats? people have attempted to give me bs once in awhile but once they see its electric there isn't an issue. the rules have been stated and i run there a lot without problems. i think there will only be a few of us anyway, this isn't a 6 boat gas race just a boat or two at a time, just hanging out. no more water disruption or noise than if i was there by myself.

Yes I do run mainly run gas , and I know that pisses people off more then Elect, I just don't want to loose another lake , by having a large gathering and bring too much attention to ourselfs,

I agree with Mike that it will probably be only a few people. I'm really coming out mainly to watch those 100 mph boats though I will bring my hpr out.

It is not only the gathering but running the boats with plastic canoes and maybe people swimming do any of you guy have a IMPBA or Namba card just be safe !

I've never been out there but I imagine for the time frame we are talking about there will be no swimmers and likely no kayak activity also. But I do get the point you're trying to make and personally, I take extra care to be as safe as possible especially when there are people around. I'm also a NAMBA member.
    Last edited by rabosi; 09-24-2013 at 11:01 PM.

I too understand and am a very responsible boater. It's just not cool to be running close or even near others on the water. Or chasing wildlife. If I'm ever in a questionable situation I just don't do it. I may be only there as a guest but still want to be respectful to the others that normally run there.

P.s. The filet of fish and turtles don't count!!!! Lol!!!

ahahha, yeah i think i'm pretty responsible when I'm there. good thing is no one will be swimming and the lake has a ton of different points for running as its like 2 miles wide. I've had some really good times at that lake when running boats and also kayaking, i do my best to take care of the place and plan to run there for a long time to come.

Anymore interest in this? I live in the city but I'd bring my fleet up if I thought there would be others to run with.

If you're interested, there are four of us who meet at Eisenhower Park in Nassau county most Sundays. We usually get there around 8:30-9:00 am. The pond is not very large so it's iffy to run larger boats at higher speeds safely. 30-40" fast electrics in the 50-60mph would be fine imo.

I'm def interested!!! My fleet is all rtr stuff 30" or less - perfect! I will def check in with you guys - sending pm

Phil