Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TP Power- New style

lol Im uploading it right now. Says 41 more minutes... ouch!

I rotated the end bell. I prick-punched the center of each hole location. I then #1 center drilled (only the tip portion!), tap drill 3/32" and then I tapped on location. Using Tap Magic for Aluminum no threads pulled and it all cut like warm butter!

Of course CorrosionX was applied twice to ensure coverage.

I then slid some silicone tubing down on the wires to make a grommet. Shes back together better than factory new!
    Last edited by Basstronics; 09-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

Sorry love video's.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Thank you for the video. Nice demonstration.
    Actually the wrap has two layers, if you cut the black carbon fiber outside, you can see the yellow Kevlar inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    lol Im uploading it right now. Says 41 more minutes... ouch!

I rotated the end bell. I prick-punched the center of each hole location. I then #1 center drilled (only the tip portion!), tap drill 3/32" and then I tapped on location. Using Tap Magic for Aluminum no threads pulled and it all cut like warm butter!

Of course CorrosionX was applied twice to ensure coverage.

I then slid some silicone tubing down on the wires to make a grommet. Shes back together better than factory new!

Hi Smileday
    Thanks for your reply. I got the motor from RcBoatBitz in Aussie. The motor and it's box both say 2200kv. It is just too much hassle to try and change it, after all they supplied what was ordered. The motor itself I am reasonably happy with, it runs well, barely gets warm, even after running 11laps. Timing was set at 15* and temps were low so is it possible that it is a Y wind, and should I change the timing? Would I see any improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by smileday View Post
    Your dealer may have ordered the 6D from our company according to the old data on tppower.com (we keep this data unchanged for the buyer of the old version, but should have given the new data to the dealers, need to confirm), but actually got a new version 6D which should be 2010 kv. Not sure about the label thing. The other possibility is measurement error. The data on the USA website is correct for new generation.

You can communicate with your local dealer to see if you can exchange your motor to a 4050 3Y (2220 kv) on their shipping. If not, contact sales@tppower.com, address to Candy, describe what you think and see what she said. I do have the 2220 kv in us warehouse but it cost much time and money to ship from here. Contact us is the final solution if she do not have a stock.

Sorry for consuming you some time for looking for a solution. Sometimes confusion may be caused when a product was upgraded to new generation. Hope you understand. In addition, for the same winding, the kv of new generation become lower than the old version one, which is an indication of the improvement of the magnets. You just need to get the one you need to know how powerful it is. Even with the one you have now, it is not necessarily that " I'm definitely going slower than with the cheap aquastar motor I previously was running" since the efficiency of our motors are very high. We have lots of customers who are worlds racers in Europe can prove this. Will publish some email feedbacks after getting their approval on the website in the future.

The next prop I have is an x447/3, it needs a little detoungueing, thinning and balancing. That may give problems with the flex however as I'm only running .150. I may test the aquastar but i'll have to put some bullets on the leads first.

With a better more robust motor you should be able to prop up. Did you KV test the Aquastar?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Your timing seems too high. We suggested 0 to 10 degree for the setting. 0 degree might be better, or 4 degree, 5 degree like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Hi Smileday
    Thanks for your reply. I got the motor from RcBoatBitz in Aussie. The motor and it's box both say 2200kv. It is just too much hassle to try and change it, after all they supplied what was ordered. The motor itself I am reasonably happy with, it runs well, barely gets warm, even after running 11laps. Timing was set at 15* and temps were low so is it possible that it is a Y wind, and should I change the timing? Would I see any improvement?

The next prop I have is an x447/3, it needs a little detoungueing, thinning and balancing. That may give problems with the flex however as I'm only running .150. I may test the aquastar but i'll have to put some bullets on the leads first.

Your timing seems too high. We suggested 0 to 10 degree for the setting. 0 degree might be better, or 4 degree, 5 degree like that.
    Why such low timing, 4 pole motors normally seem to run 10-15*? But I'll give it a try next time out. Thanks.

In general, the low timing setting results in higher efficiency. We suggest 0 timing for the setting option of Castle speed controllers, where there is actually very small amount of advance preset.

Why such low timing, 4 pole motors normally seem to run 10-15*? But I'll give it a try next time out. Thanks.

What about with a T-180?

Speed controller and poles have nothing to do with timing. The motors wind style does. d is 0-10, WYE is 10-15

Here is some reference that explain in more detail from Neumotors (the last two sections about the castle and other type ESC). We got similar results when test different motors. For "D", 0-10 is recommended; for "Y", 0-15 is recommended.
    http://neumotors.com/Site/FAQs_%26_setup.html

I suggest you can try several timing to find the best working point for you. Usually, low timing results in more efficiency but sacrifice some speed. If you can add one more cell, we suggest low timing to get better efficiency and also good speed.

What about with a T-180?
    Last edited by smileday; 09-25-2013 at 05:26 PM.

5S is some thing I'm considering, but I'll just prop up for now, and lower the timing!

Here is some reference that explain in more detail from Neumotors (the last two sections about the castle and other type ESC). We got similar results when test different motors. For "D", 0-10 is recommended; for "Y", 0-15 is recommended.
    http://neumotors.com/Site/FAQs_%26_setup.html

I suggest you can try several timing to find the best working point for you. Usually, low timing results in more efficiency but sacrifice some speed. If you can add one more cell, we suggest low timing to get better efficiency and also good speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12